democrat Debates

B-Man

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a bruh, I get annoyed when primarily the Dems, in these debates, start saying "issues that uniquely affect the African American community: prison, abject poverty, crack-dealing, and raising minimum wage."

It's like "what the !@#$ does that make us look like?"

My bruh Bubs from "The Wire," or Gucci Mane, that's what.

That shiiiiiiiiiiiiit is hilarious. I'm sitting here like "I'm not poor." Then I double check my bank account to be certain and continue my train of thought. So ok, I'm like "My boy Rich and Steve and Jamal and Ken and big Ron ain't poor. Their skin is black. I mean !@#$ Ron just bought a Gallardo. I'm in it right now on the way to the liquor store to get some licca. So I know this mfer sure ain't broke ..."

So who is Bernie speaking to in my community about minimum wage and mandatory minimums other than the bruhs who are expertly hustlin yellow tops on the corner with too much focus and alacrity to vote in the primaries? I guarantee you that poot and shampoo and junebug and rayquon and kid caliber aren't voting in the primary. (That's really what I'm thinking in my head anyway).

So don't single out black folks to !@#$ing talk about how black folks are basically degenerates.

Anyway, I grew up poor with poor people. But that doesn't encapsulate the African American or even the minority experience. For real it's actually slightly insulting for politicians to enumerate the issues that are most consequential to black folks as some **** out of the plot of a bad blaxploitation flick. And then that **** becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Constantly see yourself as the disadvantaged poor in need of rescuing and you'll always be looking to be rescued.

And then white folks don't want to share an elevator with you alone or they look at you all crossed eyed and circumspect and sketchy and disinterested at the Torneau in King of Prussia when you want to see, and intend to buy, a 116613lb.

Fux your elevator. I didn't want to ride with you anyway sweetie.

Mofukkker I'll just buy the **** when I get back home from my usual dude at Radcliffe. Hope you don't work on commission punk sumama B word.

You want to talk about something beneficial with regard to improving the urban African American experience, discuss nothing more than what you'll do to develop and improve inner city educational infrastructure and resources. Then you'll have my attention.

"Cruising down the street in my 6 4, jockin the bitches, smackin some hoes, went to the park to get the scoop, knuckle heads out there cold shootin some hoops ..."

Those are my thoughts at least.

(Sidebar: history hasn't been particularly kind to black folk so a little bump early on to equalize the playing field has been merited)

Edited by Juror#8

As a bruh, I get annoyed when primarily the Dems, in these debates, start saying "issues that uniquely affect the African American community: prison, abject poverty, crack-dealing, and raising minimum wage."

:lol:

Where's the energy ? ................ B-)

Iowa: About 171,000 voters took part in the caucuses in 2016, down from 236,000 in 2008.
New Hampshire: 250,974 people voted in the Democratic primary in 2016; 287,557 people voted in 2008.
Nevada: About 80,000 voters took part in the caucuses this weekend, 33 percent lower than 2008’s level.

That shiiiiiiiiiiiiit is hilarious. I'm sitting here like "I'm not poor." Then I double check my bank account to be certain and continue my train of thought. So ok, I'm like "My boy Rich and Steve and Jamal and Ken and big Ron ain't poor. Their skin is black. I mean !@#$ Ron just bought a Gallardo. I'm in it right now on the way to the liquor store to get some licca. So I know this mfer sure ain't broke ..."

So who is Bernie speaking to in my community about minimum wage and mandatory minimums other than the bruhs who are expertly hustlin yellow tops on the corner with too much focus and alacrity to vote in the primaries? I guarantee you that poot and shampoo and junebug and rayquon and kid caliber aren't voting in the primary. (That's really what I'm thinking in my head anyway).

So don't single out black folks to !@#$ing talk about how black folks are basically degenerates.

Anyway, I grew up poor with poor people. But that doesn't encapsulate the African American or even the minority experience. For real it's actually slightly insulting for politicians to enumerate the issues that are most consequential to black folks as some **** out of the plot of a bad blaxploitation flick. And then that **** becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Constantly see yourself as the disadvantaged poor in need of rescuing and you'll always be looking to be rescued.

And then white folks don't want to share an elevator with you alone or they look at you all crossed eyed and circumspect and sketchy and disinterested at the Torneau in King of Prussia when you want to see, and intend to buy, a 116613lb.

Fux your elevator. I didn't want to ride with you anyway sweetie.

Mofukkker I'll just buy the **** when I get back home from my usual dude at Radcliffe. Hope you don't work on commission punk sumama B word.

You want to talk about something beneficial with regard to improving the urban African American experience, discuss nothing more than what you'll do to develop and improve inner city educational infrastructure and resources. Then you'll have my attention.

"Cruising down the street in my 6 4, jockin the bitches, smackin some hoes, went to the park to get the scoop, knuckle heads out there cold shootin some hoops ..."

Those are my thoughts at least.

(Sidebar: history hasn't been particularly kind to black folk so a little bump early on to equalize the playing field has been merited)

I don't even have words.

If i'm making this the tl;dr version, I'd say you're saying that you feel that traditional "progressives" are doing nothing but pandering to racial stereotypes? Yes or no?

Poll finds Sanders & Clinton backers twice as racist as Rubio supporters:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/02/26/trump-racist-poll-slavery-yougov-economist-upshot-column/80986474/

This shouldn't surprise anyone. This is the party that only sees color, and got a black man elected who then spent the next 7 years pushing laws and policies that literally are making things significantly worse for blacks.

The magic of the SoProgs is they have most blacks so dependent upon them, they can actually blame the GOP for all their woes.

• 1 month later...

To me, the biggest moment in the debate last night is also not being talked about all that much:

Bernie Sanders did something previously unheard of in last night's debate: He stood up for Palestinians' humanity.

"As somebody who is 100 percent pro-Israel, in the long run," Sanders said, "we are going to have to treat the Palestinian people with respect and dignity."

For many, this seems banal: Sanders is asserting that the US needs to understand Israeli and Palestinian beliefs to ultimately resolve the conflict.

But in the context of a presidential primary, it's historic. For years, mainstream candidates have hewed to a narrow "pro-Israel" line, blaming the conflict on the Palestinians and pledging strong support for Israeli policy. Democrats and Republicans have done this in different ways, to be sure, but generally speaking the Israeli perspective dominates.

Yet last night, the most successful Jewish candidate in primary history flipped the script. He inserted a line of argument, long common on the Israeli left, into the American political mainstream.

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/15/11437832/bernie-sanders-just-shattered-an-american-taboo-on-israel

To me, the biggest moment in the debate last night is also not being talked about all that much:

Bernie Sanders did something previously unheard of in last night's debate: He stood up for Palestinians' humanity.

"As somebody who is 100 percent pro-Israel, in the long run," Sanders said, "we are going to have to treat the Palestinian people with respect and dignity."

For many, this seems banal: Sanders is asserting that the US needs to understand Israeli and Palestinian beliefs to ultimately resolve the conflict.

But in the context of a presidential primary, it's historic. For years, mainstream candidates have hewed to a narrow "pro-Israel" line, blaming the conflict on the Palestinians and pledging strong support for Israeli policy. Democrats and Republicans have done this in different ways, to be sure, but generally speaking the Israeli perspective dominates.

Yet last night, the most successful Jewish candidate in primary history flipped the script. He inserted a line of argument, long common on the Israeli left, into the American political mainstream.

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/15/11437832/bernie-sanders-just-shattered-an-american-taboo-on-israel

Ask any Democrat what the capital of Israel is. He did nothing new. He pandered to the anti-Israel base and that's it.

Get your facts straight.

Disagree. I can't recall a single time that has been said during a debate on either side.

You're also assuming, I think, that Sanders is a practicing Jew.

At a previous town hall, someone asked him about his faith, and his answer was second in comedy only to his answer about how he planned to break up the banks. It was so bad, even Trump was more convincing as a Christian, and that's after he referenced "Two Corinthians" and how the Bible verse he turns to most has to do with that eye-for-an-eye thing.

Sanders is no more Jewish than Trump is a Christian, so it means nothing for him to play to the base by sympathizing with the Palestinians.

You're also assuming, I think, that Sanders is a practicing Jew.

At a previous town hall, someone asked him about his faith, and his answer was second in comedy only to his answer about how he planned to break up the banks. It was so bad, even Trump was more convincing as a Christian, and that's after he referenced "Two Corinthians" and how the Bible verse he turns to most has to do with that eye-for-an-eye thing.

Sanders is no more Jewish than Trump is a Christian, so it means nothing for him to play to the base by sympathizing with the Palestinians.

I don't think that's playing to the base -- certainly not on stage in NYC four days before the primary. It's the opposite really.

:beer:

I'm not saying the issue has never been raised -- I'm saying it's rarely, if ever, been raised by candidates on either side during the election cycle.

I don't think that's playing to the base -- certainly not on stage in NYC four days before the primary. It's the opposite really.

What are you talking about? The far left absolutely hates Jews. Have you seen the way this WH treats Netanyahu?

They overwhelming hate Jews. Period. And talking in favor of Palestine is absolutely playing to the base.

That said, I have many Jewish friends and because they're not particularly fans of Netanyahu, the person, they still vote for Obama without realizing that there is a difference between them not liking Netanyahu the person...and the far left simply hating Jews in general. I have no idea why that is.

What are you talking about? The far left absolutely hates Jews. Have you seen the way this WH treats Netanyahu?

They overwhelming hate Jews. Period. And talking in favor of Palestine is absolutely playing to the base.

That said, I have many Jewish friends and because they're not particularly fans of Netanyahu, the person, they still vote for Obama without realizing that there is a difference between them not liking Netanyahu the person...and the far left simply hating Jews in general. I have no idea why that is.

I disagree and think you're generalizing to a large degree. Current foreign policy aside (because it's non existent), what Bernie said last night took political guts, whether you agree with what he said or not ("you" in the general sense).

On stage in Brooklyn, four days before the NY primary, the safe pandering play is to do what Clinton did. What Bernie did cost him far more than it gained, especially in Tuesday's primary.

Edited by Deranged Rhino