The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Liberals have two choices:

1 Submit to the Left.

2 Alliance with nationalists, conservatives, and Christians.

There are no other choices.

Option 1 requires them abandoning all their core liberal ideologies and principles they (think) they're clinging to. 

Option 2 requires them to abandon nothing but the fascist/Marxist habits they picked up during their programming. 

Yet most of them would say Option 1 is "freedom". 

The brainwashing runs deep.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'd feel bad for Howy, but he made his bed. 

I never liked his gig but no one should lose their gig or livelihood just because a group of people don't like you.  

EDIT:  BTW when are they coming after Mel Brooks?  Or have they already?

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Thank you (+1) 2

BRENDAN O’NEILL ON J.K. ROWLING ON FACEBOOK:

I disagree with JK Rowling on a lot. I have never read a single word of a Harry Potter book. But seriously, every institution in the UK could learn something from her refusal to capitulate to the fuming mob who have spent weeks abusing and insulting her and trying to get her cancelled simply because she believes there is such a thing as biological reality.

In their tens of thousands people have lined up to denounce her, to call her “pure scum”, to tell her to shut the f**k up. Including the three actors who became famous on the back of the Harry Potter stories — the celeb equivalent of children denouncing their parents in Stalinist Russia. She knows there will be protests if she speaks in public again, she knows some millennials are burning her books, she knows she will be defamed and boycotted for years. And yet she is sticking to her guns. That is so unusual in these yellow-bellied times.

Imagine if every university, corporation, media channel, streaming service, local council and politician did likewise every time noisy agitators called on them to ban something or apologize for something or to sack people for wrongthink. Britain would be a very different, and far better, place.

True.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BRENDAN O’NEILL ON J.K. ROWLING ON FACEBOOK:

I disagree with JK Rowling on a lot. I have never read a single word of a Harry Potter book. But seriously, every institution in the UK could learn something from her refusal to capitulate to the fuming mob who have spent weeks abusing and insulting her and trying to get her cancelled simply because she believes there is such a thing as biological reality.

In their tens of thousands people have lined up to denounce her, to call her “pure scum”, to tell her to shut the f**k up. Including the three actors who became famous on the back of the Harry Potter stories — the celeb equivalent of children denouncing their parents in Stalinist Russia. She knows there will be protests if she speaks in public again, she knows some millennials are burning her books, she knows she will be defamed and boycotted for years. And yet she is sticking to her guns. That is so unusual in these yellow-bellied times.

Imagine if every university, corporation, media channel, streaming service, local council and politician did likewise every time noisy agitators called on them to ban something or apologize for something or to sack people for wrongthink. Britain would be a very different, and far better, place.

True.

B-Man,

I just wanted to take a time out to say thank you for all the links you provide on the US perspective on the poisonous hypocrisy and lies of the feral left. It is greatly appreciated!

You are a one-stop shop for an Aussie conservative (side note: in Australia, NZ and the UK we conservatives are known as...Liberals!!) - the anti-left eBay of TBD if you will.

Thanks mate!! ?

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

I stopped listening to him in 2004, when he would constantly go on hour-long rants about how Bush sucked and how Kerry was going to be great.

I listened to him to be entertained, not to be force fed his political ideology.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

PRIORITIES: 

Public university creates high-ranking diversity position, exempts from COVID-19 hiring freeze. 

“Some things are more important than fiscal prudence in a time of plummeting university income.

Namely, an associate vice president for diversity, equity and inclusion.”

Hey, if they’re short on money they can always lay off faculty.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

PRIORITIES: 

Public university creates high-ranking diversity position, exempts from COVID-19 hiring freeze. 

“Some things are more important than fiscal prudence in a time of plummeting university income.

Namely, an associate vice president for diversity, equity and inclusion.”

Hey, if they’re short on money they can always lay off faculty.

I posted some time ago about the ridiculous amount of money being spent at the University of Michigan regarding their 93 diversity officers:

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/diversity-staff-university-michigan-nearly-100-full-time-employees/

No wonder some of our academia is nothing more than a joke.

• Like (+1) 2

Racist-Bran.jpg

Now your cereal is racist – Disgraced British ex-politician is accusing Kelloggs of racism due to its mascots

At some point the madness regarding racism has to hit a wall. We may be approaching that moment, if this example has not brought us here.

Former member of British Parliament Fiona Onasanya is a bit miffed, it appears.  Maybe getting chased out of office for illegal actions has her feeling inconsequential, but we have to question is this is the way to go.

Fiona had written a tersely-worded email to the British headquarters of Kelloggs recently and she has not received a satisfactory response to her liking. Since this lack of proper notification still stands Fiona has taken to social media in the do-you-know-who-I-am fashion in order to go Full Karen over what she declares one of the most pressing issues of our time.

This is where we have arrived as a society; with cities across the globe melting down it is over trivial issues such as this that the emotions remain stoked. That is, for those select few who take this insipid line of thinking seriously. Hope still percolates for mankind as there have been plenty willing to call out the idiocy of this kind of outrage.

tenor.gif?itemid=3434127

• Haha (+1) 2