Rejoice! For Kiko Has Returned and the Legend Lives!

I don't value McCoy as much as others. Because he was paid too much. It has nothing to do with what we had with Kiko and that I want him over McCoy. McCoy at this. Age and point in career I would back away with the money he wants. Id have drafted an RB and tossed money to Spiller - not much, but some. A rookie RB can be as productive as McCoy. Look at Williams. He got hurt so its moot. But a rookie is equal to McCoy and his bloated salary.

Transgreg. I promise next year this time we will be wanting to cut McCoy

I'll take that bet. Easy money.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Pitt Panther RB: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoLe01.htm

The other Pitt Panther RB: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LewiDi00.htm

Both were drafted by the Eagles. Both were available this past offseason. One cost less and required less of a commitment than the other. The more expensive one doesn't appear to be quicker and more dynamic than the less expensive one.

I do realize that hindsight is 20/20, so of course factor that in. But the dime-a-dozen argument does have some merit.

One Pitt Panther RB: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoLe01.htm

The other Pitt Panther RB: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LewiDi00.htm

Both were drafted by the Eagles. Both were available this past offseason. One cost less and required less of a commitment than the other. The more expensive one doesn't appear to be quicker and more dynamic than the less expensive one.

I do realize that hindsight is 20/20, so of course factor that in. But the dime-a-dozen argument does have some merit.

Let me know when Lewis is a three time all pro and wins a rushing title.

Not seeing the same thing most of you are seeing. Since he's been 100%, McCoy has looked spectacular. He's going to have a huge game on Sunday. The "running backs are all the same" narrative got a little too oversimplified there for a minute- McCoy is a special back.

Shh. You'll ruin the narrative.

See, I don't think that is the player we are getting right now and going forward.

That is irrelevant to this team.

It's only irrelevant because you believe McCoy's window has closed -- at 27. Which of course is a ridiculous opinion with no basis in facts (other than the old cliche about RB's over 30 hitting a wall). You WANT to be right about McCoy and you're desperate to grab onto anything that proves your point.

I get it. I do. You've just failed to make any sort of persuasive argument to prove your point. 9 games left, McCoy has been hobbled with a hammy but has shown flashes of being a difference maker. You can ignore those moments because they don't fit your narrative -- but that's just silly to me.

Dude Dion Lewis in a nice shifty little back, OK. I'm gonna go out on a limb though and say that his success has more to do with him being on the Patriots than it does him being some sort of revelation. Just think a) what a healthy McCoy would look like on New England and b) if Dion Lewis would've even made the Bills (hint: he wouldn't have).

It's only irrelevant because you believe McCoy's window has closed -- at 27. Which of course is a ridiculous opinion with no basis in facts (other than the old cliche about RB's over 30 hitting a wall). You WANT to be right about McCoy and you're desperate to grab onto anything that proves your point.

I get it. I do. You've just failed to make any sort of persuasive argument to prove your point. 9 games left, McCoy has been hobbled with a hammy but has shown flashes of being a difference maker. You can ignore those moments because they don't fit your narrative -- but that's just silly to me.

Actually it is based off of facts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27

Funny enough this article based off of facts fits EXACTLY in line with McCoy's decline in production starting at 26.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Exactly. Of all the things in this thread, which includes calling Spiller just as productive as McCoy and the claim that Shady's window has already closed, the Lewis comparison might be the weakest.

lewis is the latest cog in the Brady machine but he sat on his couch for a year after getting cut by the Eagles, Browns and colts. No one signed him. It's not a real comparison, at all.

Actually it is based off of facts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27

Funny enough this article based off of facts fits EXACTLY in line with McCoy's decline in production starting at 26.

It's not based on facts, it's speculation. And, from what he's shown when his hammy is healthy, it's incorrect speculation.

lewis is the latest cog in the Brady machine but he sat on his couch for a year after getting cut by the Eagles, Browns and colts. No one signed him. It's not a real comparison, at all.

I like Dave and his posts a lot, but that was absurd.

Shh. You'll ruin the narrative.

Yeah you can plug any running back behind that St. Louis offensive line and they'll look just like Todd Gurley. The dime-a-dozen thing only applies to backs like Dion Lewis on teams like the Patriots. I can't believe that more people don't think that McCoy looked great against Cincinnati and Jacksonville. It's sad that so many of you have accepted this narrative that all running backs are the same and forgotten how amazing it is to watch an elite running back in their prime. Perfect example of how fantasy football has become more important to most people than actual football. Just watch on Sunday. McCoy is going to freaking explode.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Do people really think McCoy hasn't played well? I don't get it. He's been our best player on offense.

Only people with an agenda who REALLY want to be right about their initial reaction to the trade.

No, it is based off of factual data.

:wallbash: Is the article about Shady specifically? No, it's from 2014 and generalizing about all RBs. It's speculation to say Shady is absolutely going to decline at 27, and it's erroneous because his play has not demonstrated that at all this year. Hamstring injuries happen to 25 year olds as often as they happen to 27 year olds.

Again, you're speculating and doing so incorrectly. But time will tell.

Only people with an agenda who REALLY want to be right about their initial reaction to the trade.

:wallbash: Is the article about Shady specifically? No, it's from 2014 and generalizing about all RBs. It's speculation to say Shady is absolutely going to decline at 27, and it's erroneous because his play has not demonstrated that at all this year. Hamstring injuries happen to 25 year olds as often as they happen to 27 year olds.

Again, you're speculating and doing so incorrectly. But time will tell.

Here is a specific article on MehCoy's decline!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/08/19/lesean-mccoy-is-on-the-decline/

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

MehCoy. Now I've heard it all. You are simply not watching the games or, if you are, you don't know what an elite running back looks like. McCoy is the best runner the Bills have had since McGahee in 2004. Just watch on Sunday.

Yup. Read it. It's speculation still. Maybe you should look up the definition of the word? You're struggling with this concept. Just because someone writes about it, doesn't make it true or universally applicable.

Is it true the majority of RBs decline as they hit 30? Sure. Are there exceptions to this rule? Yes. Is Shady one of them? He's 27 and it's too early to tell conclusively unless you speculate. His play on the field, when healthy this year, shows he's still special. You can deny this all you want to make your case -- but it just shows you have no interest in having an honest discussion about this.

Your mind is made up, it was months ago. Shady's done and the Bills gave him a contract that will be an "albatross" to the Bills' future. Good on you for being so principled and sticking to your initial assessment of the deal, facts be damned.