Whaley is asleep at the wheel.

FireChan

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because our defense was playing at a very high level when Kyle was playing.

I'm sure the Pegulas will say, 2 players got hurt, that means we actually had a winning season when you think about it! Extensions for everyone.

Business folks love guys who try hard and produce failing results. Step #1 to amassing a fortune.

No owner is in the NFL to make money. It's their toy, they've already made their fortunes before buying a team.

No owner is in the NFL to make money. It's their toy, they've already made their fortunes before buying a team.

I don't disagree. But success is success, in business or in football. Peg's bottom line is now W/L and championships instead of revenue.

Sorry but Pegula should have had zero say in hiring of Bills head coach. Rex is the wrong guy for the players Whaley has brought in. Just because he can make smart business decisions does not translate to build a winning NFL franchise. I would imagine that all NFL owners are savy businessmen.... clearly the ones who are more hands off in terms of personel are much more sucessful

I agree somewhat. But that wasn't what I was talking about. He doesn't make rash decisions. He's not going to fire Whaley and surely not going to fire Rex after one season when the team hasn't had one game this year with all offensive players healthy and lost their starting QB, first two WR and 1-2 RB. That's the reason we lost. No team wins with that. None.

Yes EJ sucked. Yes the defense is not playing well. Yes Rex was outcoached in three games. But the fact is, no team wins with that kind of list. The backup QBs in this league suck. When you can run or pass because you don't have players you suck. That is what happened. We have new coaches and new players and new systems and they didn't get a chance to play together much and didn't get into champions overnight. You don't fire guys when that happens. The last few weeks Bills fans have been entirely embarrassing. And yes I know we have played like crap and I was furious at Rex and think he made all kinds of mistakes.

Name one NFL owner who did not hire his GM or coach.

I dont really care what the numbers throughout the league look like... the point is Pegula had zero experience when he made this decision, and approval should have been required from Whaley.

I don't disagree. But success is success, in business or in football. Peg's bottom line is now W/L and championships instead of revenue.

I agree there, no question they want to win. But I think they have a unique perspective on the organization that a lot of first time owners don't have. They've lived in the area, they know the history and how bad they've been in the past decade and change. I don't think there are any illusions about turning things around from cellar dweller to contender in one season -- especially a season with a new staff, new schemes, and a roster that's been decimated by injuries.

Plus, there are 9 games left to play and the AFC wildcard is WIDE open. Nothing's over yet. Beat the banged up fins and GenOOOO led Jests and suddenly they'll be in the thick of it.

I don't think we are in nearly as bad of shape as the Browns and 49ers. Especially if we can get TT back this week.

Of course not.

The team is 3-4 with losses to 2 undefeated teams. Further, they've played each of the last 2 games without 4 offensive starters and several key backups.

They haven't won enough games thus far, but it's hardly the tragic failure of a half-season that some fans want to believe.

I agree there, no question they want to win. But I think they have a unique perspective on the organization that a lot of first time owners don't have. They've lived in the area, they know the history and how bad they've been in the past decade and change. I don't think there are any illusions about turning things around from cellar dweller to contender in one season -- especially a season with a new staff, new schemes, and a roster that's been decimated by injuries.

Plus, there are 9 games left to play and the AFC wildcard is WIDE open. Nothing's over yet. Beat the banged up fins and GenOOOO led Jests and suddenly they'll be in the thick of it.

Honest question, because you may differ from me in this respect.

Do you think the Pegulas will take into account Whaley's years before they became owners? IE Do you think they will look at 13 and 14?

Oh the defense is an absolute failure.

This was supposed to be the one area that Rex should have been able to at minimum maintain if not improve. We've got the wrong personel for his scheme and money tied up in the wrong positions for a Rex scheme.

That's an overstatement IMO. They haven't lived up to expectations, but an absolute failure is going too far.

Honest question, because you may differ from me in this respect.

Do you think the Pegulas will take into account Whaley's years before they became owners? IE Do you think they will look at 13 and 14?

I don't know why they wouldn't. I think everything is relevant when evaluating personnel as the owner. I would expect them to factor in his days in Steeler country as well if it has bearing on their upcoming decision. I wouldn't expect them to look at Whaley's track record in a vacuum.

Oh the defense is an absolute failure.

This was supposed to be the one area that Rex should have been able to at minimum maintain if not improve. We've got the wrong personel for his scheme and money tied up in the wrong positions for a Rex scheme.

I don't disagree that the overall defensive performance has been a disappointment.

To me, it's not totally about a mismatch between personnel and scheme. I do think that Rex needs to do a better job of utilizing what the DLmen do well. I think the bigger issue, IMO, is that the safeties and LBs don't have the scheme down yet--you can see that they're clearly a step slow reacting to things out there. I don't know that that'll come along during the year, as it may require more time than weekly practices can benefit.

Maybe you should change your name to "FireEveryone?"

BTW, what you call "running into the ground" was a choreographed Sabres tanking to gain Jack Eichel. Looks like a smart move so far.

Which was yet another epic fail as we still couldn't land McDavid -NHLROM

I don't know why they wouldn't. I think everything is relevant when evaluating personnel as the owner. I would expect them to factor in his days in Steeler country as well if it has bearing on their upcoming decision. I wouldn't expect them to look at Whaley's track record in a vacuum.

Well if you look at 2013 to now, it doesn't look great for Whaley. It doesn't look downright awful either, even if we bottom out this season. But I'd be hard-pressed to call his regime a resounding success and definitely worthy of more time.

Maybe you should change your name to "FireEveryone?"

BTW, what you call "running into the ground" was a choreographed Sabres tanking to gain Jack Eichel. Looks like a smart move so far.

Yes Pegula came in decided to spend boatload of money so that 5 years down the road the sabres could draft Eichel, build a team around him and after another 5 years win a stanley cup!

WOOHOO! That means that in 5 years part A of Pegulas rebuild will come to fruition and we'll land the number 2 overall draft selection!

What a clown!

Yes Pegula came in decided to spend boatload of money so that 5 years down the road the sabres could draft Eichel, build a team around him and after another 5 years win a stanley cup!

WOOHOO! That means that in 5 years part A of Pegulas rebuild will come to fruition and we'll land the number 2 overall draft selection!

What a clown!

Hot Take Alert!!!

What a clown!

So now not only is Pegula responsible for hiring the head coach, he's also responsible for FA acquisitions, trades, and draft picks?

I learn more about how sports teams operate every day!