Ross Cockrell = Jabari Greer

boyst

Where was he going to play? The Bills have 2 CBs playing excellent and are going to be getting McKelvin back. Should he have been cut? Probably not but no one was going to trade for an unknown, which he was. So he would have just rode the bench and played out his rookie contract.

You know this how?

You know this how?

I don't believe I said I KNOW. I'm speculating, obviously, because we will never know.

Look at it realistically, when was he going to crack the roster and get as much playing time as he has had in Pittsburgh?

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Plus, what had Cockrell shown to that point?

You would hope that he showed the ability that he is currently in Pittsburgh, wouldn't you? Starting corner, had a damn good day from what I saw. Can't never have enough good players. That would make it a player evaluation issue.

I said probably... I don't believe I said I KNOW.

Look at it realistically, when was he going to crack the roster and get as much playing time as he has had in Pittsburgh?

if leo is a cap casualty next year. there's a chance. other than him, weve been healthy at the position so far. IDK this is why home grown teams thrive (pack). I'm not saying he has made it but he has shown something.......

Where was he going to play? The Bills have 2 CBs playing excellent and are going to be getting McKelvin back. Should he have been cut? Probably not but no one was going to trade for an unknown, which he was. So he would have just rode the bench and played out his rookie contract.

I can't say I understand this theory.... I'd be quite alright if we had talent stuck on the bench for cheap because we had even better players on the field. That's kind of exactly what the goal is when constructing a roster.

It's not like he was a guy we saved money replacing to allocate to another spot that will see the field more.

I can't say I understand this theory.... I'd be quite alright if we had talent stuck on the bench for cheap because we had even better players on the field. That's kind of exactly what the goal is when constructing a roster.

It's not like he was a guy we saved money replacing to allocate to another spot that will see the field more.

And maybe it's possible, because 2 coaching staffs saw his play, that Ross Cockrell just didn't show anything when he was with the Bills. Maybe it's because the Bills, more recently, have had good CB play and Cockrell didn't see the field enough to show what he is showing now.

And until his play in Pittsburgh I don't recall anyone screaming for Cockrell to see the field. Some people questioned the pick and his play this far, so it's not like he would have been "known talent" sitting on the bench. Yes, in hindsight now, it might have been better for the Bills to keep his talents.

He's not a one on one cover type of corner. He's more of a zone guy or nickle corner at the very best. He also isn't phsyical and is useless in run support. Glad to see he's found a place where he can excel but it wasn't going to be here in Buffalo.

This is a guy we could have taken and slid outside against NE to put Darby or Gilmore over Gronk. This is a guy who could have held it down as a starter.

I can't understand why people are debating this guy. He showed enough in preseason that I was disappointed he was cut. Again, I think this is because of a Rex Ryan issue.

He's not a one on one cover type of corner. He's more of a zone guy or nickle corner at the very best. He also isn't phsyical and is useless in run support. Glad to see he's found a place where he can excel but it wasn't going to be here in Buffalo.

have you been watching him play? he's been on an island in the 3 games i've seen him.

Sometimes guys improve. I'm happy for Ross Cockrell but anyone second guessing the Bills for releasing a fifth string CB because he deflected a pass today- come on. This is really just a function of the Bills having better CB depth than the Steelers.

But he has in the 2 Pittsburgh games that I've seen in full.

That means somebody missed something or they thought they could do without a "starting caliber" corner.

Are you dissatisfied with the Bills' current starting CB's? I don't even know what people are debating here. He was buried on our depth chart. Nobody said he sucked. We actually signed him to our PS but the Steelers snagged him. I can't imagine there was even a thread about it at the time. Now he looks to be playing well for the Steelers. I think we should be able to just say "good for him" without turning it into some sort of Bills talent evaluation discussion.

Are you dissatisfied with the Bills' current starting CB's? I don't even know what people are debating here. He was buried on our depth chart. Nobody said he sucked. We actually signed him to our PS but the Steelers snagged him. I can't imagine there was even a thread about it at the time. Now he looks to be playing well for the Steelers. I think we should be able to just say "good for him" without turning it into some sort of Bills talent evaluation discussion.

Go back and read your first post then read this one. Which one comes across as thought out and conversational?

Greer was a good man corner. He would've fit in very well in this defense.

Cockrell is a potentially good zone corner. He fit Schwartz's defense because the corners had their eyes towards the LOS more often than they do in Rex's man scheme. He wasn't a fit in this defense and didn't stand out at all in the preseason. Pittsburgh's system is more of a zone scheme and Cockrell might turn into something for them.

Despite the fact that he wasn't a fit here, I do think they gave up on him too quickly and I wish they kept him instead of Ron Brooks, who is one of the all time dumbest Bills players.