HOLD YOUR HORSES!

NavyBillsFan

My guess is is D* and cable will give away cenetr ice. I mean come on a 28 game season, what are you gonna charge, $25 bucks, and maybe 2M sign up. Thats 50M split to 30 teams, just give the dam thing away and try to get some fans interested again.

BTW, how cooked is Goodenow gonna be. I have never been in a union, but sure as stevestojan know that i would be pissed giving up 70% of my pay just to eliminate linkage from the deal that was offered in friggin Sept. Coudnt have gotten that done in DEC maybe. Dam, this dude is cooked

241284[/snapback]

Could you explain the whole "linkage" thing for me?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you explain the whole "linkage" thing for me?

241292[/snapback]

owners want the cap to be tied to certain percentage of "league revenues", or in other words "linked". Problem is, the players distrust Bettman and the owners so much, they would never trust the numbers the league based the cap on. With good reason. For instance, the league did not and does not count things like luxurary box revenue, concessions, royalties etc in revenues..

I would like to see some Olympic-type round robin t'ment.  Play only the teams in your conference.  Then have the two conference winners play for the Cup.

241297[/snapback]

They'de better use a Paper Cup. It would be insulting to the Stanley Cup to have the results of a money-grabbing move etched upon it.

They'de better use a Paper Cup. It would be insulting to the Stanley Cup to have the results of a money-grabbing move etched upon it.

241319[/snapback]

Just not a Plastic Cup. Look what it's done for the NBA... :D

241319[/snapback]

I agree, but they don't have much of a choice. It's a bit tainted, but they needed to fix the scheduling, anyway. I was kinda tired of seeing the Sabres play on a Monday in Toronto, then not again until Saturday in Detroit. :D

I'm getting ahead of things here, but who covers the Sabres now that Empire is no more? Would MSG be ready to move in?

I agree, but they don't have much of a choice. It's a bit tainted, but they needed to fix the scheduling, anyway. I was kinda tired of seeing the Sabres play on a Monday in Toronto, then not again until Saturday in Detroit.  :D

I'm getting ahead of things here, but who covers the Sabres now that Empire is no more? Would MSG be ready to move in?

241331[/snapback]

It is indeed MSG. Good for us New Yorkers.

Lord Stanley's Cup is Lord Stanley's Cup. I don't give a crap how they win it. The regular season in hockey is waaaaay to long as it is. Playoff hockey is what the fans live for.

241359[/snapback]

True - it seems everyone always bitches about how long the season is anyway.

If there is a 30 game season, how many you think we have to win to be in? 16? There shoud be at least a 5 way tie for the 8th spot.

Lord Stanley's Cup is Lord Stanley's Cup. I don't give a crap how they win it. The regular season in hockey is waaaaay to long as it is. Playoff hockey is what the fans live for.

241359[/snapback]

I have always maintained the best regular season hockey was the last strike. To me, in a perfect world, every season would be around 50 games. 28 a little short, but jeez, we don't lose sleep over the NFL deciding a champ after 16 , so why lose sleep over this.

241359[/snapback]

Agreed. Nobody has bitched about the Devils winning it in '95 or the Spurs winning the NBA in '99.

But I hear what you're saying....we'd never hear the end of it just because we're Buffalo fans.

Here's more interesting quotes from Michael Peca to show how messed up the players Union is. They don't even know who is doing what? Anyway, based on these quotes I'm glad Peca isn't a Sabres player anymore. He just doesn't get it? He is still more concerned about holding to his "core beliefs" than doing what it right for 90% of the players and the Fans of course. What a dick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports were circulating the NHLPA would consider a $45 million salary cap, a proposal backed by Jeremy Roenick, Jarome Iginla and Chris Pronger. The superstars took it upon themselves to circumvent Goodenow and canvas the membership for support to save the season before the union made its salary-cap concession Monday night.

Some members were displeased at the potentially mutinous tactic.

"A number of guys went behind our backs," New York Islanders center Michael Peca said. "It isn't right. They're doing something unethical. I can say with 100 percent certainty (Goodenow) had no knowledge players were going to the league behind his back. To see these guys, running around and lobbying as individuals about a salary cap, when it's not what we believe in, it looks bad."

"I'm disappointed in the fact that for years we were told to prepare for a lengthy battle, that under no circumstances were we going to agree to a salary cap," Peca said. "We prepared financially, emotionally, every which way for that very fight. Just as the 24 percent rollback was confusing to the players, we were even more confused when we heard a salary cap had been offered because that's even more of critical change."

Here's more interesting quotes from Michael Peca to show how messed up the players Union is.  They don't even know who is doing what? Anyway, based on these quotes I'm glad Peca isn't a Sabres player anymore.  He just doesn't get it?  He is still more concerned about holding to his "core beliefs" than doing what it right for 90% of the players and the Fans of course.  What a dick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports were circulating the NHLPA would consider a $45 million salary cap, a proposal backed by Jeremy Roenick, Jarome Iginla and Chris Pronger. The superstars took it upon themselves to circumvent Goodenow and canvas the membership for support to save the season before the union made its salary-cap concession Monday night.

Some members were displeased at the potentially mutinous tactic.

"A number of guys went behind our backs," New York Islanders center Michael Peca said. "It isn't right. They're doing something unethical. I can say with 100 percent certainty (Goodenow) had no knowledge players were going to the league behind his back. To see these guys, running around and lobbying as individuals about a salary cap, when it's not what we believe in, it looks bad."

"I'm disappointed in the fact that for years we were told to prepare for a lengthy battle, that under no circumstances were we going to agree to a salary cap," Peca said. "We prepared financially, emotionally, every which way for that very fight. Just as the 24 percent rollback was confusing to the players, we were even more confused when we heard a salary cap had been offered because that's even more of critical change."

241395[/snapback]

Mike Peca. The same jackoff who already sat out a year of hockey because he refused to budge on a $300,000 contract difference with the Sabres. FU Mike Peca.