Failed Expectations, Rex Ryan is not a leader of men

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need anymore "players coaches". We need someone that can win and keep his players in the game. Enough of the "snake bit" comments about players getting hurt. That happens in every team in the NFL. Rex can't coach, can't make decisions and blames everyone else but himself for the failure of the team. When he took over he said being a number 4 defense wasn't good enough; he wanted #1. Well, now we are #18 and falling quickly. Whaley and the Pegula's are behind this mess and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better for another decade.

Marrone wasn't a player's coach and he was run out of town.

Its all part of Russ Brandon's master plan. If the Bills win they sell out easily. For Russ to succeed they must lose, so he can add value by convincing the rubes to buy tickets again because "this year will be different". Rexy is on a five year guarantee, he can afford to lose this season easily.

He wasn't run out of town. People felt neutral on him. Some didn't like him and some did. He was considered a micromanage type, which isn't a great leadership style either but better than the friends with everybody model. Marrone tuned into the worst coach in NFL history after he bailed on us, not before. In reality I consider him to be a better HC than Ryan. Which is something you would have been tared and feathered for saying 5 months ago.

After finishing last year 4-12 I still don't get how he managed to get hired in Buffalo

Some people despite the lack of previous success. Not only interview well, but can re sell their BS rhetoric-over,and over.

rex is an example of that. new owners wanting change, a team president (Brandon) salivating at the $$ potential. A fan base who at least in my mind thought he was a bigg ass blowhard in the past. All bought in. if the D was dominating and #1'which he said was his goal. One could cut some slack. Not the case. Every part of this team is medicore. With in some areas above average positional talent.

Well, for Rex it worked 25 mil guaranteed. However so far everything but the wins. the Giants and pats*** both out coached him and he looked like any other coach in the past 16 years. They Simply cannot play with the big boys. Close games with scrub teams show what we have a career .500 HC.

he got,in a pissing contest with the GM and Brandon and lost.

He wasn't run out of town. People felt neutral on him. Some didn't like him and some did. He was considered a micromanage type, which isn't a great leadership style either but better than the friends with everybody model. Marrone tuned into the worst coach in NFL history after he bailed on us, not before. In reality I consider him to be a better HC than Ryan. Which is something you would have been tared and feathered for saying 5 months ago.

I always liked him and I was tar and feathered for defending him on places like Buffalo Rumblings. I'm beginning to think it's better to keep my opinions to myself and just agree with the crowd whether I agree with them or not. At least life will be less stressful.

Some people despite the lack of previous success. Not only interview well, but can re sell their BS rhetoric-over,and over.

rex is an example of that. new owners wanting change, a team president (Brandon) salivating at the $$ potential. A fan base who at least in my mind thought he was a bigg ass blowhard in the past. All bought in. if the D was dominating and #1'which he said was his goal. One could cut some slack. Not the case. Every part of this team is medicore. With in some areas above average positional talent.

Well, for Rex it worked 25 mil guaranteed. However so far everything but the wins. the Giants and pats*** both out coached him and he looked like any other coach in the past 16 years. They Simply cannot play with the big boys. Close games with scrub teams show what we have a career .500 HC.

he got,in a pissing contest with the GM and Brandon and lost.

How's the weather in India?

I always liked him and I was tar and feathered for defending him on places like Buffalo Rumblings. I'm beginning to think it's better to keep my opinions to myself and just agree with the crowd whether I agree with them or not. At least life will be less stressful

Or maybe you should consider heading back there. Your laughable conspiracy theories may be better received there. or not.

Starting:

Quarterback

Wide Receiver 1

Wide Receiver 2

Strong Safety

DTackle (Captain)

Backup:

Running back

Even with all these players hurt, the Bills did enough to win today, in spite of two consecutive plays by the backup QB that dug them into a hole they'd have to claw their way out of.

I'm pissed that we gave up the go ahead touchdown and I'm pissed that we let them hold the ball for 9.5 minutes to start the third quarter, and that falls directly on Rex's D.

But Jesus.

Today had nothing to do with coaching.

Let me also add that Duke Williams is a !@#$ing liability and Corey Graham aint much better. We are suffering big time from Aaron Williams being out. If Bills fans should be concerned about one thing, it's that he recovers enough to rejoin this team. Because they need him badly.

Starting:

Quarterback

Wide Receiver 1

Wide Receiver 2

Strong Safety

DTackle (Captain)

Backup:

Running back

Even with all these players hurt, the Bills did enough to win today, in spite of two consecutive plays by the backup QB that dug them into a hole they'd have to claw their way out of.

I'm pissed that we gave up the go ahead touchdown and I'm pissed that we let them hold the ball for 9.5 minutes to start the third quarter, and that falls directly on Rex's D.

But Jesus.

Let me also add that Duke Williams is a !@#$ing liability and Corey Graham aint much better. We are suffering big time from Aaron Williams being out. If Bills fans should be concerned about one thing, it's that he recovers enough to rejoin this team. Because they need him badly.

I agree with you. On the other hand, do you think Rex embodies the characteristics of a good leader? If so, what behavior has he displayed or history does he have that woud make you feel this way?

Starting:

Quarterback

Wide Receiver 1

Wide Receiver 2

Strong Safety

DTackle (Captain)

Backup:

Running back

But Jesus.

This. Rex has done some questionable things. But you are not winning an NFL game when your QB plays like EJ did. Period. The fact that they kept playing after being down 28-3 should be a credit to Rex, although a minor one.

We get 3 AFC division games after the bye. I'm chiming in then.

This. Rex has done some questionable things. But you are not winning an NFL game when your QB plays like EJ did. Period. The fact that they kept playing after being down 28-3 should be a credit to Rex, although a minor one.

We get 3 AFC division games after the bye. I'm chiming in then.

Again, don't disagree. I will ask you the same thing as Big Cat, what has Rex done to show you that he is a good leader? This thread isn't about why we lost today.

I'm not going to lie as a fan it was fun hearing Rex say all that stuff about building a bully and making predictions. But the truth of the matter is in today's NFL the bullies have been taken over by intelligent players that talk smack after they do something to you.

Again, don't disagree. I will ask you the same thing as Big Cat, what has Rex done to show you that he is a good leader? This thread isn't about why we lost today.

Nothing. But I don't try to read things into games that are not there.

I don't think coaching in the same way as most fans.

It's a bell curve to me. 5 elite coaches that really make a difference. 5 awful coaches that blow games. And the rest of the NFL is in the middle. Rex is that middle group. Not really stealing victories and not blowing games either. Fans mistake results for coaching in many instances beyond their control.

I agree with you. On the other hand, do you think Rex embodies the characteristics of a good leader? If so, what behavior has he displayed or history does he have that woud make you feel this way?

He hasn't done anything to make me feel the way I do about why the team has performed the way it has.

If we had to make a list of reasons we lost, Rex aint on it.

We lost because of the dropoffs (in order):

From TT to EJ

From Aaron Williams to Duke

From Sammy to Woods

From Karlos to Boom

From Harvin to Hogan

Why anyone wants to blame the coach is beyond me.

Nothing. But I don't try to read things into games that are not there.

I don't think coaching in the same way as most fans.

It's a bell curve to me. 5 elite coaches that really make a difference. 5 awful coaches that blow games. And the rest of the NFL is in the middle. Rex is that middle group. Not really stealing victories and not blowing games either. Fans mistake results for coaching in many instanc beyond their control.

Agree on some accounts. I do believe in the bell curve way, but Rex also demands to be outside the norm and when you do things differently than everybody else I do think it's fair to evaluate that approach, especially since it's been a very long time since he has accomplished anything. Moving forward for us to fit his system, which comes with the package, we will need to make some roster adjustments. Potentially some major decisions. I'm not OK doing that for a middle of the road coach. Nor do I think it was our expectation we would be getting a middle of the road guy and we could just let our talent take over. But again, on my end, I'm sort of turning this back into a performance discussion which wasn't my goal. Leadership is linked to performance on your bell curve, I just see nothing in this mans history to show me he can excel in that area. It's sort of disheartening as far as thinking about things moving forward.

Agree on some accounts. I do believe in the bell curve way, but Rex also demands to be outside the norm and when you do things differently than everybody else I do think it's fair to evaluate that approach, especially since it's been a very long time since he has accomplished anything. Moving forward for us to fit his system, which comes with the package, we will need to make some roster adjustments. Potentially some major decisions. I'm not OK doing that for a middle of the road coach. Nor do I think it was our expectation we would be getting a middle of the road guy and we could just let our talent take over. But again, on my end, I'm sort of turning this back into a performance discussion which wasn't my goal. Leadership is linked to performance on your bell curve, I just see nothing in this mans history to show me he can excel in that area. It's sort of disheartening as far as thinking about things moving forward.

There are 32 NFL teams. Rex could still end up elite or bottom 5 but for now he looks like a middle of the road coach. He has also never had a QB. Looks at BB's record without Brady and with Brady. If TT becomes the guy Rex will start to look like a genius. Right now he looks like an idiot because he talks a good game and there haven't been high end results.

He hasn't done anything to make me feel the way I do about why the team has performed the way it has.

If we had to make a list of reasons we lost, Rex aint on it.

We lost because of the dropoffs (in order):

From TT to EJ

From Aaron Williams to Duke

From Sammy to Woods

From Karlos to Boom

From Harvin to Hogan

Why anyone wants to blame the coach is beyond me.

Not blaming the loss on Rex, but the season? Sure. He has responsibility. If 100 people do something one way and it works and 1 person does something a completely different way, and it works better, that man is a guru. If it works worse he's an idiot. What category is Rex more likely to fit in taking into account all the behavior he displays, player relationship methods, personal conduct, 3-4 marriage etc. The man looks, talks, acts, and like an idiot. His performance over a very prolonged stretch of time makes him look like an idiot. When does he go from a guru to an idiot when just about everything that exists, subjective or objective appears like he's an idiot?