Gilmore: Rex an upgrade over Marrone; questioned his loyalty

YoloinOhio

http://pro32.ap.org/article/gilmore-bills-happy-replacing-doug-marrone-rex-ryan

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) In retrospect, cornerback Stephon Gilmore believes Doug Marrone's decision to abruptly step down as the Bills head coach worked out for the best in Buffalo.

"He left, so I feel like we upgraded," Gilmore told The Associated Press, noting the Bills replaced Marrone by hiring Rex Ryan. "We're happy that it happened."

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's gone. We have Rex. Rex will eventually show us improvement. Let's move on. I don't care about Marrone anymore. He picked up his $4 mil, and now will get paid peanuts probably for the rest of his life. Hopefully he invested that $8 mil total. The sad thing is from a business standpoint, he could have coached us one more year, and had the same sweet deal next year.

Love it. St. Doug quit in the least professional way possible. The truth hurts sometimes, but Dougie was in over his head and it showed. Good riddance.

You loved St. Doug. You were quick to shoot people like me down and said he was a good HC and "changing the culture" after year one and two...until he resigned.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

You loved St. Doug. You were quick to shoot people like me down and said he was a good HC and "changing the culture" after year one and two...until he resigned.

There were a lot of things that came out about Doug Marrone late so I wouldnt be too quick to judge

and

as far as shooting you down....we all do that because its too easy

Yet here we are at .500, when Marrone coached us to a winning record.

Ugh.

Dear god I hope we beat the !@#$ing Jags.

Doug's first year they won 6 games. It took until year 2 to get over .500.

Then he quit on the team, without talking to his players face to face like a man -- you can pine for St. Doug all you want, but in reality you're pining for mediocrity.

Your memory needs to be refreshed. I never said a word about him changing any culture. I liked where the team was going heading into year 2 under St. Doug, but had many reservations. All of which came to fruition watching the team regress massively along the line and offense despite getting 9 wins.

St. Doug did Buffalo a favor the way he left. Had he stayed, this team is under .500.

i defended him as well, until I had a reason not to. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on some things, I tend to see the coaching side of things more often than not. Things change though, as new information and events come to light. It's ok to change your opinion when that happens. Edited by YoloinOhio

i defended him as well, until I had a reason not to. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on some things, I tend to see the coaching side of things more often than not. Things change though, as new information and events come to light. It's ok to change your opinion when that happens.

What's amazing is that more people don't understand the bolded. Changing opinions based on new information isn't a sign of weakness. It's how things are supposed to work.

What's amazing is that more people don't understand the bolded. Changing opinions based on new information isn't a sign of weakness. It's how things are supposed to work.

The only new information about Marrone is that he wasn't "loyal". It didn't change the fact that he was a horrible HC in his two years with the Bills.

The only new information about Marrone is that he wasn't "loyal". It didn't change the fact that he was a horrible HC in his two years with the Bills.

i didn't think he was a "horrible" HC, and still don't. But he said and did some very questionable things that I gave him the benefit of the doubt for until he revealed himself as a fraud. Then I decided he had poor character and leadership skills - unfit for the role at hand. Edited by YoloinOhio

i didn't think he was a "horrible" HC, and still don't. But he said and did some very questionable things that I gave him the benefit of the doubt for until he revealed himself as a fraud. Then I decided he had poor character and leadership skills - unfit for the role at hand.

Clearly this kind of thinking is UNACCEPTABLE!

:ph34r: