EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

Neither QB is a play-off quality, but I agree a 'great" defense doesn't get shredded at home. Instead of reaching for EJ and doubling down with Watkins Buffalo should have just drafted as well as they could and when they got close make a splash. Sadly Mr. Pegula missed the larger point that having bought a team that hadn't made the play-offs in 14 years he should have cleaned house. Ideally he would have focused on hiring a good team president and a good GM and let them go to work instead on having the President, GM and Coach report directly to him. Help make the big hire or FA signing absolutely. But start by cleaning house.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't stink. He looked like a back up qb playing against an undefeated team with an injury depleated offense. Ej is not a franchise or a starter but he did come off the bench and play well enough to give the team a shot at a w. Our defense isn't what we where hoping neither is rex

He does have accuracy issues. Stats don't tell the whole story sometimes. He missed several throws that should have been completions and had several completions where the receiver had to stop or dive to catch instead of making the catch in stride to add yards to the play.

With that said, the loss has to be on the defense and special teams. Not sure which unit is worse right now.

Thanks, I couldn't have said it any better than you did. Of course the defense stunk, of course the special teams sucked. Of course the coaching and scheme stunk... The whole team stunk and so did EJ. He missed open recievers and threw the ball at the ground numerous times.

I love EJ, and played ok. The killer for me was that interception. That is a total rookie decision and it was all on him. We needed 3 yards and he through it into great coverage far down the field. had he thrown it to a wide open (hogan?) short, he would have no interception and a first down. That interception killed what would have been a decent day for someone people keep saying should be out of the league.

EJ showed he is good enough to be a backup, but didn't show he was good enough to be a starter. I don't get the hate on EJ by the local media and some fans. there are far worse QBs out there. I would take EJ over kirk cousins and that mess over in houston. And the more I see of winston, the more I am glad we don't have him.

terrible. he's barely an adequate backup. watched the game with a lions fan who has no dog in the hunt. he just kept saying "manuel is awful" he's absolutely correct. justt shows how little objectivity so many here have. cassel might not have won today but i'd sure rather have had him.

terrible. he's barely an adequate backup. watched the game with a lions fan who has no dog in the hunt. he just kept saying "manuel is awful" he's absolutely correct. justt shows how little objectivity so many here have. cassel might not have won today but i'd sure rather have had him.

A random Lions fan you say? Well that settles it.

This thread reminds me of the decline of human civilization.

He is a joke and he doesn't even know who the back up quaterback is. :wallbash:

you mispelled quarteback

Thanks, I couldn't have said it any better than you did. Of course the defense stunk, of course the special teams sucked. Of course the coaching and scheme stunk... The whole team stunk and so did EJ. He missed open recievers and threw the ball at the ground numerous times.

Of course. its very confounding why they could not overcome the Bengals

A random Lions fan you say? Well that settles it.

This thread reminds me of the decline of human civilization.

i'd say it's much more meaningful than a bunch of homers that can't condemn a clear 1st round bust or even one of the worst owners in the history of professional sports. it's good to be optimistic. it's bad to be delusional.

I love EJ, and played ok. The killer for me was that interception. That is a total rookie decision and it was all on him. We needed 3 yards and he through it into great coverage far down the field. had he thrown it to a wide open (hogan?) short, he would have no interception and a first down. That interception killed what would have been a decent day for someone people keep saying should be out of the league.

EJ showed he is good enough to be a backup, but didn't show he was good enough to be a starter. I don't get the hate on EJ by the local media and some fans. there are far worse QBs out there. I would take EJ over kirk cousins and that mess over in houston. And the more I see of winston, the more I am glad we don't have him.

agreed, i think just wanted to show he would sling it. he did do just that more than once with Sam Watkins.

knocking the rust off. he did okay. glad to have him on the team honestly. gotta get hat ball out quicker but moved around and made some plays.

But this isn't an all time great D. And it's also not 1987.

or 85 bears

dude that's a weird statement

I was an EJ Believer....Its over, the project is done. PHOCK OFF MANUEL!

chill brother. he was not as bad as you are thinkin' .

agreed, i think just wanted to show he would sling it. he did do just that more than once with Sam Watkins.

knocking the rust off. he did okay. glad to have him on the team honestly. gotta get hat ball out quicker but moved around and made some plays.

or 85 bears

This thread is the TBD Zombie Apocalypse.

no. this thread is definitive proof that this board is partially populated with astroturf, planted bills "fans". no objective fan can defend manuel or whaley's pick of him at 16 in 2013. FAIL.