Encouragement and concerns going into Tennessee

YoloinOhio

Encouragement and concerns going into Tennesee  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your biggest concern going into Tennessee?

• Self-inflicted penalties
    • DL getting to Mariota
    • Secondary covering WRs and TEs
    • Stopping the run
    • Performance of Tyrod Taylor
    • Potentially not having Watkins
    • The Boom, Boobie and Wood show at RB
    • Bills OL vs Titans DL
    • Coaching
    • Refs
    • Playing on the road
    • Kicking game
    • Titans having extra week of prep/rest
    • Other
  2. 2. What is most encouraging this week going into Tennessee?

• Return of John Miller at RG
    • Return of Aaron Williams at S
    • Mariota 4th slowest time in the league to get the ball out
    • Playing a rookie QB
    • Potential return of Watkins
    • Addition of Denarius Moore at PR/WR
    • Other

Doesn't happen again until Week 16 against Dallas.

However, after our bye, we play Miami, who's coming off 10 days rest.

On the plus side, we get NE after 11 days rest.

We get zero games against short-week opponents though, whereas we have to travel to Tennessee for a 3rd consecutive road game on the short week after our MNF game against NE.

serious scheduling imbalance. The NFL screws the Bills on a yearly basis with respect to this. "Short rest weeks" should be taken into account when making the schedules in the same manner "strength of schedule" is. I.e. better teams wind up with more "short week" schedules.

no encouragement.. nothing but concerns and disappointment.

having A. Williams back is huge. Esp. against a poor running team and rookie QB.

Goy if Mariota is slow getting the ball away we should have a great game on defense. I suppose that assumes we'll be effective against the run game. I'm expecting the penalties to be under some control this week, and having Miller back at guard should be a plus. Pretty optimistic about this Sunday.

I almost voted coaching because I think Rex is being too ambitious coaching a new scheme to new players.

There's no doubt Rex's scheme works. Just look at his resume. There's no doubt we have good D-Linemen. Just look at last year.

But the combination of Rex's scheme and our D-Linemen so far this year has been disappointing - probably because the players need to think before acting as Marcel suggested. Another player (forget who) said the defensive scheme is entirely different week after week. This compounds the problem. Too much thinking and not enough pure aggression.

I'm hoping Rex gives the players assignments this week that will allow them to line up and play with decisiveness. While I voted for penalties, this is actually probably my biggest concern.