TNF matchup of Hasselbeck v Mallett

YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the chop block call (I believe on the Texans). The block was clearly, clearly above the waist. The flag comes in from around 20 yards away. Complete replay of the call on Incognito.

Yep. On one hand, at least its not just us. On the other hand, I fear for the rest of the god awful calls to come. The refs don't know the freaking NFL rule book.

Yep. On one hand, at least its not just us. On the other hand, I fear for the rest of the god awful calls to come. The refs don't know the freaking NFL rule book.

Have to say, Yolo, that looked like a chop block to me. Per the rule, if the contact is at or around the waist area, it's a penalty. The waist is basically the belly button, so--to me--that looked like a foul (as did Incognito's).

Again though, the player needs to be smarter...why are you blocking someone that's already engaged, and doing so underneath your teammate's leverage? Dumb play.

Have to say, Yolo, that looked like a chop block to me. Per the rule, if the contact is at or around the waist area, it's a penalty. The waist is basically the belly button, so--to me--that looked like a foul (as did Incognito's).

Again though, the player needs to be smarter...why are you blocking someone that's already engaged, and doing so underneath your teammate's leverage? Dumb play.

it is so often not called that it does not seem like there is even a rule in place or they don't all know what it is

Chuck Pagano: Matt Hasselbeck was 'literally on his deathbed' and still delivered a win http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000553069/article/chuck-pagano-hasselbeck-was-literally-on-his-deathbed?campaign=Twitter_atn

:doh:

Oh, now, come on. I believe that he may have been severely dehydrated with a stomach bug or something, and he probably wished he would die during the worst of it, but there's a long way between "wishing you were dead" and "literally on his deathbed".

Maybe things have become more humane in the medical profession, but it used to be that there was no extra staffing for interns and residents who had flu, and minimal for nurses and technicians. If you didn't work, someone else had to come in on their day off (often after working 36 hrs straight). So everyone would work when they had flu and take turns giving each other IV fluids in between seeing patients. It's amazing what rehydration will do for how you feel.

After the game when he was being interviewed, Hasselbeck clearly had left it all on the field. He had tears in his eyes, and when asked why said "I don't know...I got nothing left".

I think that was a remarkable performance for a 40 year old guy recovering from flu, but let's not Jump the Shark here, Pagano.

Edited by Hopeful

Texans' coach is looking like a typical Bill Bellyaches's underling that gets a HC gig. A loser.

ever since he rolled into Columbus with his hotshot freshman QB at Penn State to face a terrible OSU defense who had stopped no one that season and he got annihilated 63-14 (and the 14 was at the end when Osu might have put in the benchwarmers) I decided he wasn't a good coach. He was supposed to be an offensive guru and couldn't do anything at all against that crap D. Couldn't believe he was so so sought after in the NFL. The only thing he did well at psu was recruit in the face of sanctions. Like that applies in the NFL? Anyway he's not good IMO.

The rule says "in the area of the thigh or lower", not the area of the waist. That's why the Cog call was bad. It was even worse than the one on TNF.