Evaluating the remainder of the schedule

Wazzu Bill

no I think I'm the one in the minority - it's a fair point. One Giants flag had dpi on their CB in coverage on Harvin which was not a good call. Gave bills a 1st down. Again, not saying the penalties that took the TDs off the board or that let the NYG go for a TD vs a FG were meaningless. Just that they didn't swing the game on their own. Bills missed a FG, couldn't get in the end zone on 4th and goal, TT had wide open guys for TDs that he didn't see, the Bills failed To tackle a RB on a short pass that led to a TD, etc etc. play well enough to win and you will win because the refs are simply not going to stop throwing flags and making inconsistent calls.

I agree with you as well. Take care of the things you mentioned and for gods sake stop all of the !@#$ing stupid personal fouls and they will win. The refs calls are, and will be for the foreseeable future, inconsistent. And more importantly, equally inconsistent. The Bills had the better talent overall Sunday. But were undisciplined, got out coached and lost.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We only face one (possibly two) top 10 QBs in the remaining games.

I can't see those guys pulling a Brady/Eli (1.7 to 2 second throws) on us with the effectiveness to negate our defense. We should win more than we lose if we don't have any more major injuries...

The Bills need to go on a 3-0 run. For their confidence and fan sanity.

Pretty please?

The Bengals game is gonna be that one that everyone expects to lose but we are going to win......to make up the the giants game

Raise your hand if you EXPECT to lose any game.

@ Tennessee Titans - W - Bills continue pattern of a wake-up call after ugly loss

CINCINNATI BENGALS - L - Bengals put together a great team this year and we are not quite there yet

@ Jacksonville Jaguars - W - Away game in neutral territory, Rex's D destroy's Doug's O-Line

MIAMI DOLPHINS - W - Bills own the Fins, plain and simple

@ New York Jets - L - Rex will be trash talking all week then drop a deuce upon return to his old team

@ New England Patriots - L - I wish I could believe this is a W, but I'm not getting my hopes up after the week 2 beat down

@ Kansas City Chiefs - W - I think we finally take one from KC this year

HOUSTON TEXANS - W - This team is in disarray, until they figure out what's going on at QB I don't care if they have 11 Watts on D

@ Philadelphia Eagles - W - McCoy is healthy and gets fired up for this game, runs for 150 yards and 2 TDs

@ Washington Redskins - W - 'Skins are fighting for draft position at this point in the season

DALLAS COWBOYS - L - Romo is back and ready to save the Cowboys. Probably too late for them but they'll be strong

NEW YORK JETS - W - The Bills are finishing this season with a bang. 10-6 earns us a wild card spot in this year's weak AFC

I think the next two are the key.We should expect to beat the Titans. If we are to be considered a playoff team the Bengals game is a must win at home.If we emerge 4-2 after those two games we will be sitting pretty.

Edited by Very wide right

The biggest problem with the schedule is the five out of six games on the road. That is going to wear the team down, and even though they should beat the Chiefs, the Eagles and the Redskins, in all likelihood they lose at least one of those games. They definitely caught a break getting the London game instead of what would otherwise be a road game, and I think they beat the Cowboys at home. When it's all said and done my guess is a disappointing 9-7 year to make it 16 in a row.

That's actually a remarkably sensible take on the path to a possible 10 wins and a playoff spot ...

So this is saying that it is pre-ordained that we beat the 4-0 Bengals?

Yes, pre-ordained, or just a statistical fact that odds makers adjust heavily off two consecutive home losses for the 3rd game. Then you have a potentially undefeated Bengals team we have owned historically and who I feel we match up reasonably well with.

Well, we've already lost two, so at this point he's predicting a one-game home losing streak. What's in the past is done.

Doesn't work like that. Sports book's treat this situation similar to a back to back in an NBA game, they weight a heavy advantage to the team who is more fresh, or in this case, the team that is off two consecutive home losses. It is an individual game yes, but I'm just stating how sport books react to this event and sports book tend not to be overly reactionary.

I'm not going to predict Ws & Ls, but it looks to me like we only have 3 games against good teams going forward. NE, CIN, & DAL are good. KC & NYJ look decent but neither is particularly scary. The rest range from average to bad.

I don't expect the Bills to win all those games, but if we can't finish 10-6 with this schedule then this is not a very good team.