Busiest traffic right here

Ice bowl 67

It is funny to see the OP post a video of a few vehicles on the road and thinks it is busy traffic. He would go insane if he was on any of the road most of us talk about. It is an hour drive down the parkway for me to get home. In the summer it takes 4+ hours to drive that same distance.

The OP is from Green Bay, Door County area... ;);)

I have been to Lambeau, the roads and town are/is like Orchard Park.

When I used to do some work in the NYC area, I'd get a call from our service manager based in Syracuse. He'd tell me to go look at an issue that was only a couple miles away. He had a hard time grasping the concept that it would take me two hours to get there, being NYC.

I'm sorry but maybe I've lived in CA too long but did I miss something? I did fast forward through some if that but it was just traffic.

Exactly, I lived in Chicago and have driven that route man. many times. The video was a huge "so, what?" for me.

Actually in your home city the city streets from downtown to the freeways were far more problematic than what you just saw in Chicago. It could take an hour to go a mile on surface streets in SF.

That's not that bad. I'm used to Buffalo "traffic" (HA!) but have been in Toronto rush hour a few times. That can get pretty busy and crazy but it's traffic signs really get you going the best way.

Went to Toronto this past summer, first time in maybe 20 years LOL. The rush hour was horrific. 3 lanes cut down to 2 as the third is for cars with 3+ people. That lane is empty and the other two are stopped. Nothing like cutting out 1/3 of your capacity by limiting a lane

Went to Toronto this past summer, first time in maybe 20 years LOL. The rush hour was horrific. 3 lanes cut down to 2 as the third is for cars with 3+ people. That lane is empty and the other two are stopped. Nothing like cutting out 1/3 of your capacity by limiting a lane

That was for the Pan-Am games. I was there about the same time as you it sounds like.

Exactly, I lived in Chicago and have driven that route man. many times. The video was a huge "so, what?" for me.

Actually in your home city the city streets from downtown to the freeways were far more problematic than what you just saw in Chicago. It could take an hour to go a mile on surface streets in SF.

Exactly!

Yet, cross-town traffic in Chicago can be a whole 'nother beast. I live 18 miles from work, 4 miles (4 traffic lights and one railroad crossing) to expressway and can be in work in under 30 minutes... 20 minutes @ best. That's my commute, and I bail off @ 130th Street (you've been there) before I hit The Ryan (OP's road he posted).

Now... Cross-town? I know other guys @ work that live half as far as that AND live in Chicago proper (same as work) and have to leave an hour or more early... Takes them 40 minutes or more into work. Trains can be a son of a pup! I think by law they can hold traffic up by 15 minutes each pop? My son goes to high school 4 miles away (4 MILES) and it take him 15 minutes to make it in two suburbs away! Get stuck by the short-line that runs east-west... And you are doomed... Only one other place to cross that has a viaduct and it isn't worth the hassle, shorter if you just wait it out!

Lends meaning to the Jimi song...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The cars were mostly moving. What exactly is the problem?

Maybe he was expecting this:

http://www.ssbadger.com/

Take in a movie, grab something to eat and in a few hours, you are across The Lake. It is the only way to avoid ChicagoLand area going east from Wisconsin... Unless you wanna do so crazy long detour. Take the ferry from Manitowoc to Ludington. Intersting note, I think the SS Badger is coal fired/steam power. Perfect for the old people who want to avoid traffic. ;-)

What's better than instantly being transported back in time to 1915. ;-) ;-)

And to the OP, IceBowl... Did you ever try the TriState? That's 294 to 80/94? Of course thats a Toll. Same w/coming down The 355 to 80 (but that's long if you are coming down from the west shore of Lake Michigan)... AND of course an even bigger toll/fleecing of your pocketbook. 294 is a mess around the west and northwest suburbs... That's even a bigger clusterphuck @ rush.

Try the DC region traffic. One of the worst. 5 miles = 20 minutes (on a good day) - last 2 jobs -

25 mile commute, posted speed limit of 55 (for 90% of the ride) the slower limit 40. Travel time w/stop lights and traffic - 45 minutes.

45 mile commute, SL same as above. Travel time w/stop lights and traffic - 75 minutes.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

http:/www.weather.com/series/great-outdoors/video/50-lanes-of-cars-pile-up-on-beijing-highway

Check this out... And the OP thinks it is bad in S.Chicago!

Don't go on holiday through Beijing!

Not sure why the link isn't posting... You may have to cut and paste the URL:

http://www.weather.com/series/great-outdoors/video/50-lanes-of-cars-pile-up-on-beijing-highway

There we go (above)... Much better!