Richie Incognito Is Among the NFL’s Best

Richie Incognito getting some props. Whaley getting props too for taking a gamble and having it pay off.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/01/richie-incognito-return-buffalo-bills-nfl-best-guards-pff-0

"One year after no one in the NFL would sign him in the wake of the bullying scandal, Richie Incognito is back. Not only has he been on his best behavior, he has rewarded Rex Ryan’s Bills by outperforming almost every other guard in the NFL"

Edited by Forward Progress

I couldn't understand why the Bills didn't keep after his first time there.

Thanks for the article.

Two main reasons:

1.) He hadn't developed into half the player he is now.

2.) He was a major douche.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when he demands Levitre money after this season.

GO BILLS!!!

I couldn't understand why the Bills didn't keep after his first time there.

Thanks for the article.

Because he was a fricken headcase the first time around......that is what I heard.

We might have actually gotten a more mature person the second time around.....but time will tell on that.

I will say this....when I saw that video of him raising the large beer glass at the WWE event.....my heart sank a little bit. Alchohol abuse was a huge problem in this if I remember correctly.

I am going to remain positive on him.......he needs to keep all this positive going.

As it stands right now....I would keep him over Glenn

Because he was a fricken headcase the first time around......that is what I heard.

We might have actually gotten a more mature person the second time around.....but time will tell on that.

I will say this....when I saw that video of him raising the large beer glass at the WWE event.....my heart sank a little bit. Alchohol abuse was a huge problem in this if I remember correctly.

I am going to remain positive on him.......he needs to keep all this positive going.

As it stands right now....I would keep him over Glenn

The attached link is not a new link. It goes back to the time right after the bully accusations. But it illustrates where he was and how far he has come along.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10532200/richie-incognito-miami-dolphins-checks-self-psych-unit

There is no doubt that he has had serious mental health issues associated with his family situation and with his anger issues mixed in with drinking problems. To say that he was a very volatile individual is stating the obvious.

He went through a lot of turmoil with the Miami situation and having the game, a central part of his life, taken away from. In some respect he was treated unfairly but ultimately it was a blessing in disguise. During his hiatus he not only sought counseling but he also worked hard to get in the best possible shape he could and he worked on his game.

There is little doubt that he was on a path to self-destruction and it seems he is now on a path to redemption. No one can say for sure that the demons that he has carried with him for a very long time have completely vanished.

If you watch him play now you see a tough player who is playing under control and with great discipline and intelligence. Prior to this year his style of play was a brawling style that lacked discipline. He played with rage on the field and he often acted with rage off the field.

Even during the chaos of the Martin bullying accusations (in hindsight unfairly characterized} his teammates stuck by him and vouched for him. That is a sign that there is a good core within him that his teammates recognized.

Whether he stays with the Bills or not I am going to root for him. He's traveled on a hard bumpy road but in the end (so far) he has earned his redemption. He certainly has the scars to prove it.

I never heard that. I'm not disputing that; it was the reason that the Rams ditched him. Seemed OK if not a bit Conrad Doblerish. Hated seeing him do so well for the fish until- well, you know.

I certainly hope he has made changes for everyone involved.

Richie Incognito getting some props. Whaley getting props too for taking a gamble and having it pay off.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/01/richie-incognito-return-buffalo-bills-nfl-best-guards-pff-0

"One year after no one in the NFL would sign him in the wake of the bullying scandal, Richie Incognito is back. Not only has he been on his best behavior, he has rewarded Rex Ryan’s Bills by outperforming almost every other guard in the NFL"

shows how dumb we were to let him go