"Experts" Picks Week 4 vs the Giants

CodeMonkey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well get used to it.

It's gonna be a lot of buffalo helmets on the screen in line.

I haven't looked down a Bills schedule and said "we should win that one" this many times since the Superbowl years.

We could easily go 12-4. That's a Superbowl era type record for us.

Heck, in 1992 we lost the Superbowl to the Cowboys after having gone 11-5 in the regular season!

This team this year could be a win better than that!

Throw NE #2, 1 Jets game, and 1 of Cincy or KC in the loss column.

That's 12-4.

And as tough as it is to play in KC, I don't see Alex Smith giving our defense huge problems.

He ain't Rodgers or Andrew Luck and we made those 2 look bad.

@DonBanks

My Week 4 picks are in, and can Saints home losing streak and Cowboys road winning streak both keep rolling along?: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/02/nfl-week-4-picks-scores-predictions

bills-giants-week-4.jpg

We had this preseason NFL planning meeting at SI.com in June, where I sagely suggested we run a weekly tracker on the production levels of both Eagles running back DeMarco Murray and Bills running back LeSean McCoy, since Chip Kelly effectively swapped one star runner out for another this offseason. (I offered the same brainstorm for Sam Bradford and Nick Foles, but I digress.) Murray and McCoy, not so much to talk about through the season’s first three weeks, eh? Just injuries and limited effectiveness.

But with rookie Karlos Williams carrying the load in Buffalo’s backfield the Bills haven’t suffered for McCoy’s so-so production. Rex Ryan’s team made a statement last week with its rout of Miami, and it’s now clear this Tyrod Taylor-led offense won’t play second fiddle to the Bills defense after all. Study the Buffalo schedule a bit and it’s not too difficult to see the Bills sitting 7–2 as they roll into Foxboro for a rematch with the Pats in Week 12.

I think this game (and most on the schedule) will unfold a lot like the Colts and Dolphins games. The Bills are aggressive early and get a nice lead, then the defense takes over. I think only a few teams on the schedule will be able to give the Bills trouble ( the Bengals, obviously the Patriots, come to mind), where the lead goes back and forth a few times.

I think this game (and most on the schedule) will unfold a lot like the Colts and Dolphins games. The Bills are aggressive early and get a nice lead, then the defense takes over. I think only a few teams on the schedule will be able to give the Bills trouble ( the Bengals, obviously the Patriots, come to mind), where the lead goes back and forth a few times.

I would guess that at least one of the games against the Jets will be close. but I agree about the Giants. Their offense hasn't been able to consistently move the ball (only three drives of 70+ yards so far), and they've got zero pass rush. Not worried.

Edited by PlayBills

this could be a closer game then many might think. the Giants have been in all of their games right until the end. i'm expecting a win but not a blowout. maybe 24-17

Agree. Isn't the weather supposed to be real rainy Sunday? that could keep the score down and it may come down to who plays through that best. E Manning has no pic's yet this year. He's due for a big game.......................of interceptions :thumbsup:

I think so too.

Gnats will try to stop that run asap.

How are those LBs for NY lately btw ?

Their D is more than ok. It's just those two 4th quarter collapses that bewilder me. I'd have to go back and watch the games to make a more accurate assessment. I saw the Dallas game to the end and I have never seen a more sloppy display of tackling in my life. Twice, the Giants D allowed drives of 70+ drives in that 4th quarter. Fatigue? I do not know.

this could be a closer game then many might think. the Giants have been in all of their games right until the end. i'm expecting a win but not a blowout. maybe 24-17

I don't expect a blowout either but wouldn't mind if we totally trashed them. In another thread I went 26-16 Bills.

Bills 22 Giants 20

Last second 47 yard field goal to win it.

Wow, really?! I hope Dan isn't reading this.

I would guess that at least one of the games against the Jets will be close. but I agree about the Giants. Their offense hasn't been able to consistently move the ball (only three drives of 70+ yards so far), and they've got zero pass rush. Not worried.

Yeah, I think a loss to the Jets, and maybe a weird let down game, like a loss to a struggling team like the Jags, Texans, or Redskins will happen.