Speaker John Boehner Will Resign From Congress

B-Man

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news................ :thumbsup:

Boehner Will Resign From Congress.

This is a sign, I think, that the GOP establishment has finally figured out that the root of Trumpmania is the failure of the Boehner-McConnell Congress to deliver despite the big electoral wins of 2014.

I credit Pope Francis.

I credit Boehner. it's being reported that he desired a papal speech to congress for 20 years. he helped make it happen and then he resigned. perhaps there's more to him than many appreciated.

Good news................ :thumbsup:

Boehner Will Resign From Congress.

This is a sign, I think, that the GOP establishment has finally figured out that the root of Trumpmania is the failure of the Boehner-McConnell Congress to deliver despite the big electoral wins of 2014.

I credit Pope Francis.

What was Congress suppose to deliver there B-gal?

If Republicans in the House quickly line up behind Kevin McCarthy (CA) as a replacement for Boehner, it will show that they have learned nothing. It will show that they have mistakenly concluded that Boehner, personally, was just an unjust victim of Two Minutes’ Hate from the voters, because McCarthy is cut from exactly the same cloth. While he might not be as orange or cry as much, there is no chance that he would hold the line where Boehner has failed to do so.

What was affecting Boehner was an increasing unwillingness to give anyone a seat at the table he did not like. Conservatives knew they could not do business with Boehner, but it became increasingly obvious that no one else could do business with Boehner if they were not already in his club. He relied more and more on outside voices, which played to caricatures of an out of touch Speaker.

And now Boehner had closed his doors to conservatives. All he had left were a small group of moderates and the assistance of the Democrats. He could not survive a motion to vacate the chair with that. He had to resign.

He was probably just tired of zero sum governance, in the face of constant threats of government shutdown and government shutdown... Perhaps he felt a government shutdown in the face of defunding PP just wasn't in line with what he thought was reasonable a decided enough was enough.

The media knows whats really important.............. :D

ABC Laments: Boehner Departure Will Make Life ‘Harder’ for Obama

Boehner’s resignation is most likely the product of political pressure from a GOP establishment that hopes to dampen grassroots’ interest in “outsider” candidates such as Trump, Carson and Fiorina. Replacing him with McCarthy won’t do the trick. The GOP base is angry at the establishment–precisely because of what that establishment has and has not done–and McCarthy is a part of it. Now is the time for real, not cosmetic, change.

The House GOP would be well advised to stop fighting its own base, listen to them, and select someone from the House Freedom Caucus–which has been fighting Boehner tooth and nail–who would unify the party with its own voters. Someone like Raul Labrador, Mark Meadows, or Jim Jordan.

The media knows whats really important.............. :D

ABC Laments: Boehner Departure Will Make Life ‘Harder’ for Obama

Boehner’s resignation is most likely the product of political pressure from a GOP establishment that hopes to dampen grassroots’ interest in “outsider” candidates such as Trump, Carson and Fiorina. Replacing him with McCarthy won’t do the trick. The GOP base is angry at the establishment–precisely because of what that establishment has and has not done–and McCarthy is a part of it. Now is the time for real, not cosmetic, change.

The House GOP would be well advised to stop fighting its own base, listen to them, and select someone from the House Freedom Caucus–which has been fighting Boehner tooth and nail–who would unify the party with its own voters. Someone like Raul Labrador, Mark Meadows, or Jim Jordan.

I think you are confusing the "TP" as the larger base here....might want to mix in some new reading materials

There are not enough TP/Cons to create the "majority" you speak of/desire/pine for....

I think you are confusing the "TP" as the larger base here....might want to mix in some new reading materials

There are not enough TP/Cons to create the "majority" you speak of/desire/pine for....

No.

As usual Baskin has it 180 degrees backward.

One wishes that the Left would pick a meme and stay with it.

We hear how the GOP 'leadership' keeps bending to what those horrible right-wingers want (not true in and of its own self)

Today, its the conservatives don't really have any kind of power/majority.

and as always, there is a large mixture of mainstream and conservative sites posted from. You might want to open one before you embarrass yourself again with this tired line.

in this thread I used,

the NYT,

WaPO,

The Hill

RollCall,

Daily Caller

Newsbusters.

perhaps YOU should expand a little.

Edited by B-Man

No.

As usual Baskin has it 180 degrees backward.

One wishes that the Left would pick a meme and stay with it.

We hear how the GOP 'leadership' keeps bending to what those horrible right-wingers want (not true in and of its own self)

Today, its the conservatives don't really have any kind of power/majority.

and as always, there is a large mixture of mainstream and conservative sites posted from. You might want to open one before you embarrass yourself again with this tired line..

Your looking for e meme that isn't there...show me where I am a "liberal"....You speak of a TP/Con "base" as a majority. That is not correct - they can think they are, they can think the hold the mantle of the Republic but they don't. They had a false positive of the 2012 election cycle - but since then they have had the A$$ kicked.

"is the failure of the Boehner-McConnell Congress to deliver" What exactly - were they to deliver?