Breaking down Tyrods interceptions.

mikef272002

Absolutely. He may catch that 1 out of 5 times. The ball was thrown after his break was finished. I'd have to go back to see if he was the primary or not.

Yes...Woods was running the 9 from the slot to clear out the boundary corner and hold the Cover-1 safety. Sammy runs the deep dig underneath the coverage. 1 read and go...if the throw is about 12 inches lower, it's a competed pass, followed by a kill play and 2nd-and-10 from near mid-field with about 50 seconds remaining.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go to Buffalobills.com, and look at Tyrods most recent video titled "get the ball out faster" It was the last question in the interview... And no it don't really matter for those that don't care.. I'm just saying to the people bashing him that it's not as bad as you may have thought...

If that throw was actually to Harvin, who was about 20 yards away from the play on the other side of the field, then it might actually be the worst throw in the history of the NFL.

I absolutely dont know this for sure.....but do you think this might be his QB not throwing his young soon to be star wide receiver?

Huh?

Just watched the all pro 22 and game replay. The first and last interception's were actually not even going to the receivers who tipped the balls. The first one that Clay tipped as it appeared to be thrown high was actually going to Woods who was about 7 yards behind Clay wide open sitting in a "hole". He throws his hands up at Clay as to say "Hey that was going to me". On the last one that Sammy tipped which again appeared to be too high was actually going to Harven coming across with his man beat. Tyrod noted in his press conference that it was to Harvin and not Sammy. If that is what was happening then it should be something correctable, and not having 2 receivers in the same area would help..!

I saw a fair amount of having two receivers in the same area last Sunday. That does not make alot of sense to me. Are the receivers breaking off routes or is this a falw in the passing game?

I absolutely dont know this for sure.....but do you think this might be his QB not throwing his young soon to be star wide receiver?

Ugh....look. Sammy admitted he should've caught it. Tyrod admitted it was a bad throw. They're both correct.

I saw a fair amount of having two receivers in the same area last Sunday. That does not make alot of sense to me. Are the receivers breaking off routes or is this a falw in the passing game?

Tyrod had trouble getting the ball out on time, so I'd say that was the biggest flaw. He had plenty of open guys.

On that last play, Sammy and Woods weren't in the same area until Woods broke off his route, after the throw, and came back to the ball.

Ugh....look. Sammy admitted he should've caught it. Tyrod admitted it was a bad throw. They're both correct.

Wrong! There's no way Sammy is coming down with a ball that just barely touches his finger tips. Overthrown pass all the way. Sammy was being diplomatic as he often is in interviews.

I don't think it's either...I think that Roman wanted to flood the zones and create a numbers advantage in the secondary.

It's not an uncommon approach, but it relies on the QB getting the ball out before the pressure hits home. The relative lack of effectiveness is probably symptomatic of Taylor and his WRs not really being on the same page yet.

No more excuses for Sammy Watkins. He's not playing well. He looked shaky on every target except the TD. Catching a high pass is something NFL WRs have to do. It's part of the job.

Huh?

Wrong! There's no way Sammy is coming down with a ball that just barely touches his finger tips. Overthrown pass all the way. Sammy was being diplomatic as he often is in interviews.

I don't think Sammy was being diplomatic; I think he really believes that anything that hits his hands should be a catch.

And you know what? I like that. I also like that Taylor is taking ownership of a bad throw. When everyone looks inward for the answer, you've got the right recipe for improvement IMO.

That doesn't change that I think the throw was bad, and that it would've taken a terrific catch to haul it in.

I don't think Sammy was being diplomatic; I think he really believes that anything that hits his hands should be a catch.

And you know what? I like that. I also like that Taylor is taking ownership of a bad throw. When everyone looks inward for the answer, you've got the right recipe for improvement IMO.

That doesn't change that I think the throw was bad, and that it would've taken a terrific catch to haul it in.

He can say that all he wants, but it was too high for him to haul in. Megatron with his height and hops yes.....Sammy....no.

Very.

Jeez...Sammy's made catches like that. It was a hard and high throw, but catchable. He's not going to make them every time. No receiver is. So I don't knock him for it like others here are doing.

He admits he should catch it. He holds himself to a high standard and he wants to make that play every time. He's right. He's not just being diplomatic.

Did anyone see the Woods TD? Looked like either an incredible throw, or a damn lucky one that should have been picked.

TakeYouToTasker and I went back and forth on that one a little bit...when I first saw it at the game, I thought as he did: that it was a lucky throw that should've been picked.

After seeing the A-22 from the end-zone view, it looks like a perfect throw--just high enough to be out of Butler's reach, but low enough to let Woody make a play. I don't know if TYTT has had a chance to see the A-22 yet, so I don't know if he's since changed his opinion.

He can say that all he wants, but it was too high for him to haul in. Megatron with his height and hops yes.....Sammy....no.

Yeah...not arguing that point at all. Just saying I like that he owns his responsibilities.

TakeYouToTasker and I went back and forth on that one a little bit...when I first saw it at the game, I thought as he did: that it was a lucky throw that should've been picked.

After seeing the A-22 from the end-zone view, it looks like a perfect throw--just high enough to be out of Butler's reach, but low enough to let Woody make a play. I don't know if TYTT has had a chance to see the A-22 yet, so I don't know if he's since changed his opinion.

Yeah...not arguing that point at all. Just saying I like that he owns his responsibilities.

Great attitude to have along with his work ethic.