Houston radio host on Bills and their fans

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Sean Pendergast. He is seriously funny. I haven't listened much since he moved to 610, but he was great on 1560.

For those of you who are familiar with the Jim Rome show, he is better known as Seany the Cablanasian.

So that's what Rome was talking about when he said he parlayed his multiple smack off wins into a career...

"...In December, Buffalo is the seventh circle of the frigid portion of hell."

It always comes off as stupid or naive when folks who live in hell's furnace (Houston in August) make fun of the weather in Buffalo or elsewhere...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Houston

"June through August in Houston is very hot and humid, often with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. At George Bush Intercontinental Airport, the normal daily high temperature peaks at 95.0 °F on 5–12 August, with a normal of 102.4 days per year at or above 90 °F and 3.5 days per year at or above 100 °F.

The average relative humidity ranges from over 90 percent in the morning to around 60 percent in the afternoon.

The temperatures in the summer in Houston are very similar to average temperatures seen in tropical climates, such as in the Philippines and Central America.

The values of relative humidity results in a heat index higher than the actual temperature. The highest temperature ever recorded at George Bush Intercontinental Airport was 109 °F on September 4, 2000 and on August 27, 2011."

"...In December, Buffalo is the seventh circle of the frigid portion of hell."

It always comes off as stupid or naive when folks who live in hell's furnace (Houston in August) make fun of the weather in Buffalo or elsewhere...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Houston

"June through August in Houston is very hot and humid, often with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. At George Bush Intercontinental Airport, the normal daily high temperature peaks at 95.0 °F on 5–12 August, with a normal of 102.4 days per year at or above 90 °F and 3.5 days per year at or above 100 °F.

The average relative humidity ranges from over 90 percent in the morning to around 60 percent in the afternoon.

The temperatures in the summer in Houston are very similar to average temperatures seen in tropical climates, such as in the Philippines and Central America.

The values of relative humidity results in a heat index higher than the actual temperature. The highest temperature ever recorded at George Bush Intercontinental Airport was 109 °F on September 4, 2000 and on August 27, 2011."

A little heat and humidity is still much better than 10 feet of snow. :lol:

yea no place is perfect. i'll take our winters over Houston's unbearable summers (and traffic and crime and illegal immigrants) any day of the week

I agree. I've lived in many areas and I strive to find the good in all of them. But just FYI, Houston has a lower violent crime rate than Buffalo according to FBI statistics. Also, by definition, Houston summers aren't unbearable because so many people are bearing them.

Houston is one of the few major cities in the country I would less rather live than Buffalo if I had no ties to Buffalo. I would take Buffalo weather over Houston weather in a heartbeat (probably a function of having grown up in being used to the cold and hating intense summer heat). That being said, I have been to at least one Bills home game every year since 1985 and he isn't far off as far as the fans go. After having gone to the first two games already this year, I noted that Bills fans look a lot like Walmart shoppers. Lot of riff raff in that stadium, no doubt about it.

What does that even mean?

The same could be said about any area with $hitty weather part of the year...

Exactly. All bearable.

Honestly, though, I think if you polled 1,000 Americans from all over the country, you'd get a higher percentage of people who prefer the hot/humid summer with mild/temperate winter over a moderately hot/humid summer and cold/wet winter.

Being from the northeast, we all have a bias, but I'm looking at this objectively.

Exaggerate much. We only got 8 feet of snow last November.

Yeah...my bad.

Exactly. All bearable.

Honestly, though, I think if you polled 1,000 Americans from all over the country, you'd get a higher percentage of people who prefer the hot/humid summer with mild/temperate winter over a moderately hot/humid summer and cold/wet winter.

Since that's the population distribution of the U.S., you're right.

But IMO, the southwest was a wasteland before Willis Carrier invented air conditioning and would empty out just as fast as the Northeast if it wasn't available...

I took a shower the last time I attended a Bills game.

In the stands? :lol:

I wouldn't put it past some of those fans...

I agree. I've lived in many areas and I strive to find the good in all of them. But just FYI, Houston has a lower violent crime rate than Buffalo according to FBI statistics. Also, by definition, Houston summers aren't unbearable because so many people are bearing them.

probably crime rate per capita which is misleading because so many people are cramped in a small area. nyc has low crime rates per capita but there's so much crime that there is multiple tv shows about their crime :lol:

I am a Jim Rome listener and I know and respected the Cablinasian's smack in the Jungle. However, I don't think any hayseed from that cattle-lovin', cousin-fu**in, sad excuse for a state should be commenting on any other area in our republic. This is the land of "speed lane" executions and drive-through liquor stores. The state where what happens on the Friday-Night Lights is more important than the learning occurring Monday-Friday. This state of toothless, mullet-wearers elected George W. and Rick Perry. Seany, while our temps dip for a while and we have to "sack up" and drive our as*es to work in snow, sleet, and ice, you have to live in that hot, land of the witless year-round. I'll stay here and enjoy all four seasons. You stay there (away from me) and look for companionship at the family reunion.

Edited by indiragandhi'sthong