Taylor Review

Thurmal34

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex talked about Tyrod feeling perceived pressure rather than being confused. That's not a good sign.

Like JJ watt and EJM. I saw a little bit of that.

Chandler Jones was giving the O line fits.

He looked lost for a couple quarters , but hell it was the against a HOF coach and some pretty good coordinators

the most important take away at this point in time is Tyrod rallied back> and he brought the Team with him!

The whole team sucked yesterday in general. you can extracts snippets of goodness and certainly retain hope and belief !!

This was a learning day Kids. Lets see how they recover?

sure it was a shame to talk all that smack. But Bills are now in the National spotlight.

lets go mess up Miami !!

I think Tyrod will be fine

Just throwing this out there cause I've seen some people use the term garbage time or when the game was out of reach. For the Bills when you're losing like that it's not "garbage" time. It's the teams job to score points and that's what the offense did. It didn't matter if the pats**** continued to press or back off on defense it's TT and the offense's job to put up points and they did.

I agree with this, but it definitely mattered that Belicheat**** dropped seven or eight into coverage and rushed four or three vs. what he did the first three quarters. It's no coincidence that TT was able to make plays; he was better able to find time to see his receivers running open. Which they did with regularity all game. It would be much more of a problem if both TT and our receivers were struggling, but once TT figures it out, he's gonna have open guys. We are talented at the wideout position to say the least.

GO BILLS!!!

I've said this in a few places, but since this appears to be the Tyrod catch-all thread, here's my opinion:

Taylor fizzled after the scripted plays, and had two stretches of game (from mid-1st to mid-2nd, and the entire 3rd) where, to me, he looked lost out there. Tentative, checking down too often, skittish in the pocket, walking himself into sacks, fumbling the ball, not taking off soon enough, etc.

He did, however, rally quite effectively in the 4th quarter, using his legs to buy time and keeping his eyes downfield where he could make plays. That, by itself, was encouraging.

That he struggled is not a concern to me; lots of inexperienced starters struggle, especially against Belichick. How he responds and grows from his struggles are the key factor IMO.

Great take on the situation here. When he stepped out of bounds on his scramble in the first quarter, I was wondering where his head was. His body language was negative, too. Lack of confidence best sums it up. He was confused, which is nothing to be too embarrassed about when playing Belicheat****, but I got the impression he definitely got into his head. Can't have that from a QB, no matter how bad it gets, and it gets bad for all QBs at times.

GO BILLS!!!

Belichick has a knack for beating new QBs but still he scored 4 TDs in his second game. Almost coming back, defense really hurt the team yesterday. Also ST gave up good field position.

Not to mention the penalties from the O-Line when they weren't just letting people through. Yeah, he's not Brady, but give him a MINUTE. All things considered, Tyrod played as well as anybody could. This topic should be put to rest.

What did the Patriots do? In short, they respected him as runner and disrespected him as a passer. Belichick knew Taylor is arguably the most athletic quarterback in the league, but had thrown only 54 career passes. So he blitzed half the time. He neutralized Taylor’s mobility by playing his defensive ends wide and any rushing lanes closed quickly.

And when Taylor had a chance to step into the pocket and deliver a deep ball, a tick of hesitancy too often derailed the play.

Now is not the time to groan “Here we go again." To the vocal minority chanting #StartEJ on social media, please, just stop. The Patriots simply confirmed what most assumed: to succeed as a NFL quarterback, Taylor must excel from the pocket. Through five straight three-and-outs that bled a 7-0 lead into a 37-13 rout, he was anything but.

“We had some guys open,” Ryan said. “I think we have to step up in the pocket a little bit and we had some guys open. So we can get better in a lot of those areas. … If I look at anything with Tyrod, I’d like to see him step back, set up and then step up in the pocket a little more.”

@TyDunne

Analysis on #Bills/#Patriots: Buffalo will need Tyrod Taylor, the pocket passer, to deliver http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/21/analysis-bills-will-need-tyrod-taylor-the-pocket-passer-to-deliver/

To hell with watching football. You just need to look at boxscores and stats to tell the story. Tyrod had a great game!!! :lol:

Sometimes you get so hung up on the bad plays you see you lose sight of what is really going on.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000534652/Bills-Tyrod-Taylor-finds-Sammy-Watkins-for-24-yard-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000534613/Bills-Tyrod-Taylor-7-yard-TD-run

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000534521/Bills-Tyrod-Taylor-finds-Robert-Woods-for-32-yard-TD

Look at these plays, especially the Woods TD throw, and tell me this guy stinks.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I saw every play live. He rebounded nicely in the 4th qtr. He stunk before then. Here's to a better game this week before the Bills get in a big hole.