3 things we didnt do

billsfan_34

Earlier in the week I listed 3 things we needed to to do to win today.

- run the ball---early on we got behind and abandoned the run

- had to win the turnover battle --lost it

- Pressure on Brady up the middle---hardly any all day

Couple all that with major breakdowns all over---crap o line play, penalties, linebackers coverin gronk, awful special teams and just an overall garbage game plan spelled doom.

Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose. We were a bad team today and Rex talks fhe talk but doesnt walk the walk. He better get this ship in the right direction.

You know, and this might come off as an excuse, but I think the entire game would've been different if the Thigpen punt return wasn't called back in the 1st quarter.

For all our bravado, I don't think our team's confidence is at a level yet where our momentum can be taken away and yet we still stay confident against a team like the Pats. I feel like all the air got sucked out after that penalty, the weird Henderson stoppage in play, and then the Pats storming down the field for a TD.

4. Maintain our composure. Too many PF calls. Inexcusable. That includes Rexy.

Yep----I kinda thought all the penalties covered that but your right it could of been in a sub category...it was just pathetic. Rex has to calm down on the sidelines it was like watching a kid have a temper tantrum.

You know, and this might come off as an excuse, but I think the entire game would've been different if the Thigpen punt return wasn't called back in the 1st quarter.

For all our bravado, I don't think our team's confidence is at a level yet where our momentum can be taken away and yet we still stay confident against a team like the Pats. I feel like all the air got sucked out after that penalty, the weird Henderson stoppage in play, and then the Pats storming down the field for a TD.

Thats not an excuse its your assessment. There was so many wrong things out there in every single phase and we have too much talent to do these things that we all know they did.

4. Maintain our composure. Too many PF calls. Inexcusable. That includes Rexy.

Of all the things that went wrong yesterday - this was by far the biggest blinking red light on the screen.

I felt this game was in trouble when the Bills morphed into the 1986 Miami Hurricanes by mid-week for no reason whatsoever. Those emotions cost us dearly yesterday in penalties and the sloppiest play I've seen in years. And that's saying something considering.

"Keep cool and you will command everyone."

Edited by dpberr

The names and faces have changed, but the killer penalties remain the same.

The ground and pound attack will work with better use of the receivers. We have way too many weapons to not be taking shots downfield to back up the defense.

Brady did all the right things to neutralize our front four by getting rid of the ball quickly. He's a certain hall of famer for a reason! Give him his deserved credit.