Game Plan

Kirby Jackson

I was appalled by the game plan on both sides of the ball. The Pats have won 4 Super Bowls with short crossing routes and the Bills decided to concede them today. They kept the cuffs on Tyrod and committed 6M penalties. The design was brutal. If there is one place to point the finger it is at Rex & Roman.

I was appalled by the game plan on both sides of the ball. The Pats have won 4 Super Bowls with short crossing routes and the Bills decided to concede them today. They kept the cuffs on Tyrod and committed 6M penalties. The design was brutal. If there is one place to point the finger it is at Rex & Roman.

I'm with you. The game plan was baffling, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Agreed. We didn't just concede their strengths to them, we often pushed them to exploit what they do best. Couple in the emotions being too high and this was the "bad Rex" week. Hopefully not many more weeks like this

Thank you. I'm tired of dealing with the idiots who are blaming the loss on TT.

Extremely disappointed that we sat back the whole first half and allowed them to do what they wanted.

And the penalties were generally of the worst kind -- signs of lack of discipline (all the personal fouls) or lack of preparation (remember the illegal procedure when one of the TEs wasn't lined up at the line of scrimmage? That's inexcusable). The holdings when you're clearly beat and stuff of that nature? I can take that. But not the ones that show mental weakness.

On defense, I don't think we "conceded" those. It looked like we played pretty tight coverage and just got beat. I mean, on that one TD to Edelman, they double teamed the guy and he still got open.

Maybe they could have blitzed more, but not sure that would have even worked.

I think when brady is on and you can't pressure with your 4, this is what will happen.

On defense, I don't think we "conceded" those. It looked like we played pretty tight coverage and just got beat. I mean, on that one TD to Edelman, they double teamed the guy and he still got open.

Maybe they could have blitzed more, but not sure that would have even worked.

I think when brady is on and you can't pressure with your 4, this is what will happen.

But there is something to the "you gotta hit Brady early to make sure he can't establish any rhythm." He may burn you on the blitz, but he burned us anyway without the blitz.

But there is something to the "you gotta hit Brady early to make sure he can't establish any rhythm." He may burn you on the blitz, but he burned us anyway without the blitz.

The steelers for years tried to blitz him and he just picked them apart. The only team that really hit him in the mouth was the Giants in that one super

Bowl, and they did it rushin with 4.

After the first TD drive they crowded the line and challenged us. Roman didn't adjust by going to 3 or 4 WRs and getting the ball down the field. He stuck with his TEs and his game plan. Sticking with the game plan and not adapting when its not working is always a mistake.

Gotta play bump and run and drop 7 or 8 guys. Makes no sense to rush 5. They won't get there. If you are going to blitz then you have to bring everybody.

The steelers for years tried to blitz him and he just picked them apart. The only team that really hit him in the mouth was the Giants in that one super

Bowl, and they did it rushin with 4.

Yes sir. Drop everyone into coverage.

After the first TD drive they crowded the line and challenged us. Roman didn't adjust by going to 3 or 4 WRs and getting the ball down the field. He stuck with his TEs and his game plan. Sticking with the game plan and not adapting when its not working is always a mistake.

Correct. They knew that Tyrod wasn't going to throw downfield, and they were right straight up until desperation time. Tyrod out Captain Checkdown'd Trent Edwards in the first half.

Gotta play bump and run and drop 7 or 8 guys. Makes no sense to rush 5. They won't get there. If you are going to blitz then you have to bring everybody.

Yes sir. Drop everyone into coverage.

Gotta bring 1 more than they have blockers for and he's gotta get there. Others need to lock up the receivers man on man.

Yeah that one is on Roman. They have the weapons to throw the ball and win. They can't cover all our WR's and backs. Gotta throw more on first down and let Taylor run on designed QB runs more.

Gotta bring 1 more than they have blockers for and he's gotta get there. Others need to lock up the receivers man on man.

Not exactly true. Just need to beat your man one on one like Hughes did on strip sack or overload one side. They could drop Hughes in coverage and rush Bradham and Mario. The LT will just stand there with nothing to do. Hughes and a safety bracket Gronk.

Yep

Tell you what had me appalled: they come out of the half knowing that they need to adjust to stop Gronk, and the very first pass play sees him one-on-one with...Nigel Bradham? Really Rex?

Also, the penalties. Just so many stupid ones. Can't do that when you know you're going to get a handful of questionable calls against you playing these guys.

Pretty much the whole game they were in the nickel and refused to adjust. After like the 5th drive of quick passes and no pressure, one would think they would start using press coverage and jamming they're primary targets instead of playing 4-5 yards off before the snap.

It was absolutely maddening.

Yup. They need to bump and run those little WR's. Even if they are off the line they need to be hit early. They line up Gronk out wide and the Bills refused to bump and run the slot guys all day. Too easy.