Next three games decide the season

Dragonborn10

It's a long season. I'm interested to see how they respond but I'm concerned.

How is it the defense can go from awesome last year to looking this bad by acquiring the "best defensive mind in the game".

I want Schwartz back.

They looked this bad on defense for one main reason to me. They played 8-10 yard cushions on all downs regardless of distance. 1st and 10...10 yard cushion on Edelman same as on 3rd and 1. Dion Lewis 10 Yard cushion always. With that big of a cushion closing on quick passes allows the WR to make the catch and get head and hips around to get up the field. Poor game planning especially because I don't believe Edelman can beat them over the top. Bad strategy and no adjustment from coaching staff after the first 15 successful conversions from the Patriots.

It's a long season. I'm interested to see how they respond but I'm concerned.

How is it the defense can go from awesome last year to looking this bad by acquiring the "best defensive mind in the game".

I want Schwartz back.

Yeah but we were playing probably the best offense in the league and a good QB. I guess we will see next week tho

Disagree. I think the three games (Weeks 9, 10 & 11) after the bye-week decide our season as these are all divisional games - two being Prime Time. We should pick up at least 2, maybe 3 wins out of the next five leading up to that point. At worst this leaves our record at 3-4 or 4-3 going into the bye-week.

Week 9 - Fish @ home.

Week 10 - @ MetLife Stadium

Week 11 - @ Gillette Stadium

They looked this bad on defense for one main reason to me. They played 8-10 yard cushions on all downs regardless of distance. 1st and 10...10 yard cushion on Edelman same as on 3rd and 1. Dion Lewis 10 Yard cushion always. With that big of a cushion closing on quick passes allows the WR to make the catch and get head and hips around to get up the field. Poor game planning especially because I don't believe Edelman can beat them over the top. Bad strategy and no adjustment from coaching staff after the first 15 successful conversions from the Patriots.

"No adjustment from the coaching staff" is a gross understatement. It was pathetic coaching. And why not another on side kick at the end? Did they expect Brady to turn it over again?

I don't get how you don't play press coverage.

If they get past you a few times it's better than letting them get 10 yds every pass play.

I agree, lack of press and only bringing 4 was a loser over and over. When is someone going to figure out how to beat theses tools. Three guys owned the opposing 11.