Week 2: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fun article, certainly nothing to get upset about. If you read between the lines he gives the Bills under Rex much more of a chance than anyone else, and he doesn't say anything negative about Taylor other than he is inexperienced (as a starter).

I thought it would be interesting to look at any potential matchups between the Pats** and the Roman coached 49rs offense over the past few years. There is one example: http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2012121614

SF won 41 - 34, running for 180 yards. Kaepernick has only 208 net yards passing but 4 touchdowns. Brady passed for over 400 yards and lost. I do no remember seeing this game, but from the stats you could deduce:

- Opportunistic defense forced 4 Pats** turnovers - 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions. Sacked Brady 3 times.

- The 49rs got out to an early lead, stuck to the run, passed when necessary or advantageous, and capitalized on turnovers. Limited their own turnovers to just 2.

From the offensive standpoint, I expect we see a similar approach. I expect the Bills D to be even better. Nothing earth shattering here but it is an interesting comparison given the Bills current offensive and defensive DNA.

I thought it would be interesting to look at any potential matchups between the Pats** and the Roman coached 49rs offense over the past few years. There is one example: http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2012121614

SF won 41 - 34, running for 180 yards. Kaepernick has only 208 net yards passing but 4 touchdowns. Brady passed for over 400 yards and lost. I do no remember seeing this game, but from the stats you could deduce:

- Opportunistic defense forced 4 Pats** turnovers - 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions. Sacked Brady 3 times.

- The 49rs got out to an early lead, stuck to the run, passed when necessary or advantageous, and capitalized on turnovers. Limited their own turnovers to just 2.

From the offensive standpoint, I expect we see a similar approach. I expect the Bills D to be even better. Nothing earth shattering here but it is an interesting comparison given the Bills current offensive and defensive DNA.

You can watch it if you have gamepass. If not, just get the free trial.

My thoughts for this week...

Bills will get their yards and points, the Steelers moved the ball at will and I think we can too.

Gronk will get his chunk yards because he is Gronk, but double teams will limit him.

This game will be won and lost in the Edleman vs Robey matchup. That is how they pick up their first downs, on 2 yd crossers. It will be a longgg day if Robey lets Edleman run wild.

Edited by CJallDAY

McCourty on Buffalo: ‘It was a zoo in there’ last season

During his time with the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan never had a problem getting his team and fans psyched up for games against the rival New England Patriots.

With the Patriots headed to Buffalo for Week 2, safety Devin McCourty expects the fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium to be fired up for the AFC East battle.