Wifi at the Ralph

Davealan74

When 70,000 people try to use wifi at the same time, for the first time, there will be issues.

Don't bank on it.

And try to bring a battery backup with you because if your wifi radio drops and reconnects it burns through your battery when it tries to boost signal and constantly reconnect.

Couple of years ago I got a small radio with earbuds and I listen to the game on WWKB - AM that simulcast the games without the delay. If you listen to WGR at the game there is a delay and makes it frustrating. Much nicer listening to KB and not worry about the WiFi.

Thanks for the tip!

One reason is so that you can see the game better. For all except the best seats, there will be times you will not have a good view of the game. Plus halftime, during the numerous dead time commercial breaks. Lots of reasons.

Dude, there are like 3 jumbotrons in the stadium now so you can see a huge screen from no matter where you are sitting.

Couple of things.

1) Sunday ticket blacked out so you not watching other games when you are at the stadium. I wish they would drop the blackout after the live game is over, but they do not.

2) I do not believe NFL radio broadcasts are games available over the Internet. There is a service you can buy to listen to all games over the net from the NFL.

Edited by plenzmd1

I have trouble understanding people constantly attached to their electronic toys during an event. I think there's an addiction element connected to it.

Does it really enhance the experience for you?

If I'm at the game, I want to watch it in super high definition and 3D with the best surround sound. I.E. - actually watching the action on the field among a crowd of like-minded fans. That's a treat for the senses. No screen or virtual recreation can mimic the experience.

Crazy, I know.

Usually, you're with people you enjoy being with, right? Here's a novel concept: connecting with people and enjoying their company - having some social interaction when there's a break in the action instead of focusing on a video of something that happened 1 minute ago.

I can't stand to go to concerts or similar events anymore when half the people in front of me are waving their devices and staring at them above their heads throughout the performance. I think they're missing out on the real memories and experience whilst diverting half their attention to the electronic devices.

You have every right to enjoy you tablet or smart phone and power to you. I just don't get the compulsion to constantly being "on the grid" while actually being in a social environment. For me, it compromises my enjoyment of being at a live event - music or sports.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Wifi?

Watch the damn game. You paid money to be there, why bury your face in your tablet?

Know what's a nice upgrade to the stadium experience? I can do, essentially live, streaming replays within seconds of the play from any camera in the stadium, with the saints new app.

Play at the other end of the field and hard to see? Pull it up quick and double check what happened before they break the huddle

Edited by NoSaint