Who claims Cassel?

Gasjuggler

Of course he gets to count the ones he already has.

Based on watching EJ play for the last three years, watching his progression, he's due for a breakout year, once he gets the chance to play. Saying he wasn't slingin it like a gunslinger in this preseason is is simply untrue. He's taking snaps and making quick decisions like a real NFL QB. He has the arm and the athleticism and smarts to make some huge plays. If given similar starts I have no doubt he would throw more TD's than Matt Cassel as an NFL QB.

Whether he gets that opportunity here in Buffalo depends on how good Tyrod is. But I fully expect him to get a chance to start at some point in his career. EJ's career stats to this point are nothing to sneeze at, no matter how many people say how bad he was in the Houston and San Diego game.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on watching EJ play for the last three years, watching his progression, he's due for a breakout year, once he gets the chance to play. Saying he wasn't slingin it like a gunslinger in this preseason is is simply untrue. He's taking snaps and making quick decisions like a real NFL QB. He has the arm and the athleticism and smarts to make some huge plays. If given similar starts I have no doubt he would throw more TD's than Matt Cassel as an NFL QB.

Whether he gets that opportunity here in Buffalo depends on how good Tyrod is. But I fully expect him to get a chance to start at some point in his career. EJ's career stats to this point are nothing to sneeze at, no matter how many people say how bad he was in the Houston and San Diego game.

Well if what you say is true, then he'll get his shot somewhere. The cream always finds a way to rise to the top.

Well if what you say is true, then he'll get his shot somewhere. The cream always finds a way to rise to the top.

I don't know what these other guys reasons are, but I've been waiting for 3 years now to see what

He can do. He just keeps getting the proverbial stiff-arm from the organization.

And your analogy is gross... Cream rise... Yuck

I don't know what these other guys reasons are, but I've been waiting for 3 years now to see what

He can do. He just keeps getting the proverbial stiff-arm from the organization.

And your analogy is gross... Cream rise... Yuck

Really? I can't believe you think that. He was gift wrapped the starting job two years in a row without even having to beat anyone out. He's had every opportunity to prove himself. Did poor coaching contribute to his failures last year? Could be. That's an idea I've come around to a little bit.

Before this season he was worth a 6th round pick in a trade even at his salary. His stock couldn't possibly have gone down since then. He looked fine in camp and fine in the preseason. As long as he is willing to take a pay cut, he will be on a roster within a week.

It depends what he is looking for. If he is willing just to be a back up then yes. If he wants a shot to start somewhere maybe he waits it out for an injury? He would be the first name dialled surely given the paucity of other FA options.

Really? I can't believe you think that. He was gift wrapped the starting job two years in a row without even having to beat anyone out. He's had every opportunity to prove himself. Did poor coaching contribute to his failures last year? Could be. That's an idea I've come around to a little bit.

I do believe that his pre-season performance has changed the narrative and so much of the NFL is about narrative and people do fall into OC's much despised "group think." Now you have a lot of the Network talking heads doing an about face. I saw Brian Billick saying a trade for RGIII would be good for both (I don't agree but besides the point) and EJ would be the best QB on the Washington roster.

I think if Tyrod plays well this year and EJ has another strong showing either in relief duty or next pre-season there would be a decent trade market for him. I now believe at some point somewhere he will get another shot as a starting Quarterback. Whether it will be here I am less sure.

What can't you believe? That has played well enough for one to want to see more? As a Bill? I want to see the Bills win and I think he's got some great tools to help us do that.

And gift wrapped? He should have never started his first year, that was due to injury. I remember when he was first drafted, the debate on whether he should start right away or not. I wasn't too thrilled about corn Kolb, but I don't believe any rookie QB should start, ever. Even in his second year, that was a transgression by the organization for him to have won the job, there was no competition for him in training camp. It's not his fault that the Bills haven't drafted a QB in 20 years.

The organizational pressure, and fan pressure for him to perform to expectations was irrational.

So now, year three, he lit it up in preseason, but many peoples mind is made up. Not mine, and not a few others. There's a sizeable segment of Bills fans that would still like to see more.

All that said, as a lifelong Bills fan, its Tyrod time, lets see the offense put it in the end zone 3-4 times a game and we will all be happy.

Could be?

Great news that you may be coming around a little bit...

Good grief it just goes on and on on... -_-

It depends what he is looking for. If he is willing just to be a back up then yes. If he wants a shot to start somewhere maybe he waits it out for an injury? He would be the first name dialled surely given the paucity of other FA options.

I do believe that his pre-season performance has changed the narrative and so much of the NFL is about narrative and people do fall into OC's much despised "group think." Now you have a lot of the Network talking heads doing an about face. I saw Brian Billick saying a trade for RGIII would be good for both (I don't agree but besides the point) and EJ would be the best QB on the Washington roster.

I think if Tyrod plays well this year and EJ has another strong showing either in relief duty or next pre-season there would be a decent trade market for him. I now believe at some point somewhere he will get another shot as a starting Quarterback. Whether it will be here I am less sure.

Yet another reason for Bills fans to hope EJ does nothing but reach his potential... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Yes of course I meant as a backup as far as Cassel. And agreed completely that if Manuel has another preseason like he did this year that he'd be in line to start somewhere.

That's hysterical. Somehow I got painted as an EJ hater because I thought/think it's less than likely that he develops into a franchise QB and now somehow I am a Cassel defender? Matt Cassel sucks. He is a backup QB in this league. But we might need one of those at some point. I just think it's hysterical how so many people on this website got/get so butt hurt at any criticism of EJ and play Twister in order to defend him but think it's funny to mock a guy to no end who has actually won games in this league, led a team to the playoffs and played in a Pro Bowl. I'll make a friendly bet with everyone on this board that EJ Manuel never throws 96 TD's in his NFL career. That's how many Matt Cassel has. So keep reveling in your EJ consolation prize that Cassel got released. And for the hundredth time, I thought EJ earned the #2 job and I really don't have that much of an issue cutting Cassel. I just wish the Bills had a little more experience in the QB room heading into this, of all, seasons.

*ding*ding*ding*ding*

Before this season he was worth a 6th round pick in a trade even at his salary. His stock couldn't possibly have gone down since then. He looked fine in camp and fine in the preseason. As long as he is willing to take a pay cut, he will be on a roster within a week.

Remember- that's the HIGHEST anyone would give, not a baseline everyone valued him at