An Ode to Fred Jackson

THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD IS TO HONOR FRED JACKSON

I know there are a lot of topics on Fred. If I get warned or something for starting another one I don't care. This is worth it to me. Fred Jackson being cut is a very big deal.

I think we need a thread solely where people can pay homage to this man.

My heart hurts. Fred Jackson has been the absolute heart and soul of this team through very difficult years. This is a piss poor decision. The entire time Fred has been here, the BIlls have been trying to bring in elite backs. Lynch, Spiller, McCoy. Despite coaches efforts to allow these new "elite backs" to take the reigns, Fred Jackson always took control and proved to be the better player. Fred Jackson is a player you could use to bring attention to some of the things coaches cannot see that actually translate into NFL production. The organization was always looking for the next guy because maybe he didn't have the measurables. He didn't have all the things they wanted to see on paper. He didn't have the big college career. Then they'd put him in the game, he'd make guys miss, fall forward, pick up the pass protection and always knew where the first down was.

I am disgusted they did not carry this man into the years of success that I am confident the Bills are about to embark upon. He deserved it. I don't want to hear about football decision. He could still play. We saw it in the preseason game Saturday. Our running backs are depleted. Even if he may have lost a little bit physically, he's the type of player that could use his veteran knack to get things done on the field.

Fred deserved to don the Blue & Red into the playoffs. He deserved to usher the new era of the Bills in and gracefully bow out and retire a Bill. Thank you for giving your all in every game from the bottom of my heart.

He's the best thing this team had going for the last 10 years. When all is said and done, he needs to come home and be part of this franchise in some capacity. He's got to be on the short list of all-time great Buffalo guys - gutsy, tough and always put the team first.