Deonte Thompson, WR gem who could shine in 2015

Right now, Thompson looks close to being a "lock" to make Buffalo's final roster and is a quasi-journey man -- only 26 years old -- to keep in the back of your mind this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25282268/finding-the-next-antonio-brown-5-wr-gems-who-could-shine-in-2015

Do not agree with article since (1) Not think we have good enough QB for a WR to shine and (2) if he was going to shine it would have happened with Ravens.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25282268/finding-the-next-antonio-brown-5-wr-gems-who-could-shine-in-2015

Do not agree with article since (1) Not think we have good enough QB for a WR to shine and (2) if he was going to shine it would have happened with Ravens.

Just like Taylor didn't shine with the Ravens so forget about him, right?

See there is this thing called player development and progression.......not all athletes are stir and ready

Not sure how he shines when there's at least 7 receiving options that will be a priority over him on game day. Watkins, Clay, Woods, McCoy, Harvin, Hogan, Goodwin. Could be even more than that. Unless there's major injuries, I don't think he'll even tally 20 catches for the entire season.

Ironically enough Kamar Aiken is starting for the Ravens. Which kind of goes against your second premise.

Flacco must be elated with his wr corps this year

Not sure how he shines when there's at least 7 receiving options that will be a priority over him on game day. Watkins, Clay, Woods, McCoy, Harvin, Hogan, Goodwin. Could be even more than that. Unless there's major injuries, I don't think he'll even tally 20 catches for the entire season.

Don't count your chickens. That whole group that you listed has had injuries in the preseason. Thompson may see the field more than we hope and we can only cross our fingers that he is a surprise breakout WR this year if poop hits the fan.

Thompson, if on the team, will see action week 1. I think he will see as many snaps as Goodwin and Hogan do the first week or so, dependent on how far along Watkins and Woods are recovering from their 'injuries'.

I agree with you. Thompsons problem is that his hands are not great. If they were he would have been starting for someone else from the get go. The league teams know all about Thompson trust me. He was ranked ahead of Dez Bryant coming out of HS, was in a big school program and on a national championship team. He's been a pro for years now. Can your hands improve as you move deeper into your career? I tend to doubt that. Either you have good hands or you don't. You don't learn to have good hands. Good hands is something that God personally gifted to people like Cris Carter and Steve Largent. IMO Thompson has no further upside. He's not getting better. Having said that he's still a guy who brings a lot to the table and he deserves his opportunity and I think he will get it. Just not in Buffalo IMO, unless the Bills feel that Goodwin is just too brittle to play football at this level.

My impression is that Davis is the guy with the most upside. Got a feeling he could develop into a good outside & vertical guy with playmaking ability and a red zone target - something the Bills could definitely use. Hope he's on the PS if he doesn't make the 53.

Kinda gave me the "where did this guy come from" feeling I got when Andre Reed started making impressive catches his first preseason...not saying the kid is gonna go to the HOF...I'm just saying I'm old...

Thompson, if on the team, will see action week 1. I think he will see as many snaps as Goodwin and Hogan do the first week or so, dependent on how far along Watkins and Woods are recovering from their 'injuries'.

So predict his receptions and we can revisit this thread after the Indianapolis game. My bet is either none or one. I don't think he has the hands to be anything special.

Goodwin is a goner IMO

he had a couple good catches against the Browns, but did anyone see his weak attempt on the potential touchdown pass from Taylor? The guys recapping the Highlights mentioned the obvious, he didn't attack the ball but instead just waited for it to come to him. I know it's nitpicking, but there's a very Slim margin for error for someone so low on the depth Chart. And contrast that with Andre Davis' touchdown catch, where he just ripped it out of the air. If I had to choose, I think I would go with Davis, as the rookie has more upside. There is one other factor, Deonte Thompson is crazy fast. I think he ran a 4.31 40 at the combine

So predict his receptions and we can revisit this thread after the Indianapolis game. My bet is either none or one. I don't think he has the hands to be anything special.

one or none, with 3 targets, maybe. 4 plays, total.

of course, he could go all Da'Rick on us since Dareus is out. He could get 5 catches for 109 yards just because.

It's the NFL, you never know and we don't know who the QB will be.

Goodwin and Hogan will be lucky to make the roster. Thompson has passed them both in the pecking order. Probably Harvin too.

Edited by xsoldier54

Goodwin and Hogan will be lucky to make the roster. Thompson has passed them both in the pecking order. Probably Harvin too.

link? I like DT a lot but no, he's not higher on the depth chart than all three of those guys Edited by YoloinOhio