Dinner is on me, the first 10 who sign get to pick the place

Howard

finally got the computer back from my wife. I took a long walk after we had our breakfast this morning. I calmed down quite a lot.

That cook at Dennys gave me my oatmeal and one scrambled egg but forgot that I was supposed to get four sausages. A side order of sausage is four links not too links. So I asked Cindy the waitress to get my other too links and she came back and said the cook only gives too links for a side order. I asked her when that changed and reminded her I have been a customer for many years here. She was nice but started to get a little pushy so I pushed back and said I wanted to talk to the manger. This big guy comes over named Ted and I said Teddy I want my other sausage links. He said the store only gives too links as a side order. I told him this was the last meal I would eat at this or any other Dennys and we walked out. The bill was $18.65 so I gave the waitress $2 and told her she would miss out on our tips for the rest of the year. You can pull the wool over the eyes of some people but I was trained and served for many, many years to make sure the customer is always right. They owed me too sausages and I won't go back to that place even though Shirl likes the fruit plate.

Hope to see you guys this friday. Make sure to rsvp here if you are going to make it.

H

I was really looking forward to the comments on here after the brunch at Denny's Howard, I think I saw a coupon in The Sunday Star Gazette that I was going to pass on. But if you and Shirl didn't get your "too" sausages then I don't blame you at all! I hope Shirl gives you some head tonight to help with this disappointment.

Whose in for dinner at 3:30 today? Shirl is making reservations. need a bead count. Please read the thread title. I've decided to treat the first 10, and you get to pick the place! My prune smoothie has me feeling all crazy this morning!!!

H

Whose in for dinner at 3:30 today? Shirl is making reservations. need a bead count. Please read the thread title. I've decided to treat the first 10, and you get to pick the place! My prune smoothie has me feeling all crazy this morning!!!

H

Your treat? I'm in. French Laundry.

I'll send you my credit card receipt for reimbursement.

Edited by Chef Jim

Somebody changed my writing above. It is supposed to say that Shirl and I will meet you guys for dinner at 3:30 and we can all split the bill even steven.

I also made a few things to pass out to each of you in my shop. They are really neat and you guys will love them. I collect the broken maple branches from our backyard and take the bark off, then sand them down and varnish them. I keep the small twigs on the end and when they are all dry they are a great back scratcher. So I'm bringing 9 of them with me to pass out. I sometimes sell them at the flea markets and people look at me funny because it is such a great idea.

So far it is me, Shirl, mr beerball, fergy and TRBJ. Cleats must be scared or something but I never mean to offend him but he is always so defensive about my past record of service. I would even treat Cleats because that's what patriotic men like me do. I miss the days when I wore the flag on my uniform. If we dont see the rest of you have a great labor day weekend (remember to be thankful for those who have labored to guarantee your freedoms when our nation was born).

H

H

Sorry dude. You said we pick the place and you're paying. Soooooo I'm in (first 10) and French Laundry. And I'm going with the wine pairing too. Woohoo!!

#roguepartners

#hungrythirstyroguepartners

BTW I'm going with the $215 in additional supplements. This is going to be so good. Thanks Howie. But I'm a bit concerned. If he can afford this how much is a lowly mailman's pension anyway. No wonder the country is going broke.

http://cdn.thomaskeller.com/sites/default/files/media/9.3_dinner.pdf

Edited by Chef Jim

I hit lunch at 12:15 and told them to hold the bill for you. Told them you would be in at 3:30 to pay it. They said no problem. We always pad his bill because he is a cheap bastard. Would have loved to stay but have to be to work at 7.

By the way tab was $29.57. I had them give me 2 sodas to go.

THANKS

mead

I hit lunch at 12:15 and told them to hold the bill for you. Told them you would be in at 3:30 to pay it. They said no problem. We always pad his bill because he is a cheap bastard. Would have loved to stay but have to be to work at 7.

By the way tab was $29.57. I had them give me 2 sodas to go.

THANKS

mead

$29.57? Pffffft. Mile will be at least $750 and that's going easy on the wine.

You guys can try and change the wording of my messages all you want but I am not buying $30 lunches and definitely not $700 dinners for some guy who disrespects beerballs wife.

Shirl and I are leaving as soon as she gets back from walking Howard. I'll stop at Bestbuy and check this thread on their computer to see if anyone can make it. I'm bringing my backscrath sticks to pass out so get there early.

H

H

Explain exactly what you meant by the bolded part?

It shouldn't cost that much. Hopkins diner is quite reasonable. Their Souvlaki is to die for!!!!! Shouldn't be more than ten dollars a person. Make sue you gets there before 4 though. Otherwise you're stuck paying an extra $2.50 for dinner prices!! Can't wait to see everyone!!!! Especially Cletus!!! LMBO!!!

xoxo

Shirl

You guys can try and change the wording of my messages all you want but I am not buying $30 lunches and definitely not $700 dinners for some guy who disrespects beerballs wife.

Shirl and I are leaving as soon as she gets back from walking Howard. I'll stop at Bestbuy and check this thread on their computer to see if anyone can make it. I'm bringing my backscrath sticks to pass out so get there early.

H

Thanks Howie. Lucky for us Chef Jim was able to put our dinner on your credit card. All we needed was some personal info which Cletus provided...wonder how he knows all that stuff about you? Are the two of you related, or maybe share a close personal relationship with the same person? Anyway...once we had your CC info the rest was easy. We even got your credit limit raised for you.

Again, thanks for a great time.

I really don't do this much but I need to apologize to certain members of the board. Even though I delivered mail as a career, it doesn't rise to the level of actual military service. I am sorry if I offended any of you who served in the military. I never fought for our country nor did I put myself in the line of fire (domestic or abroad). My 80+ year old body is worn out, but has never endured the danger and loss that the men and women of the military suffered during their service. With that said, I'm going to start traveling and visit landmarks around this great country. I hope you all have a great football season and I will just read your writings from now on.

All the best. I hope to see you all at Dennys some time.

H