Anyway around pre-sale codes on Ticketmaster?

The Poojer

presale for Amex holders go on sale tomorrow for a show coming to Philly. I don't have Amex. Anyone know of anyway to get around this? doing a quick google search comes up with some pages that want you to join which i won't do because i don't trust them, figured i'd see if anyone had any slick ways around this.

you will need the code. how you get that will be up to you. if theres a good local music message board, or the band has one, that may work.

otherwise, google around some and see what you find. dont think theres a silver bullet on this.

i have found a couple codes that seem to have worked this year for some of the larger tours. i assume once in, you can pay with any method you want. we'll see.

you will need the code. how you get that will be up to you. if theres a good local music message board, or the band has one, that may work.

otherwise, google around some and see what you find. dont think theres a silver bullet on this.

i have found a couple codes that seem to have worked this year for some of the larger tours. i assume once in, you can pay with any method you want. we'll see.

yea - i have never been tied to paying via amex when using an amex code. its the same as any other code.

also, how embarrassing is the actual show, if you wont just say it so someone can help out on this specific request?

not an embarrassing show at all, Dead & Company, remaining Dead members minus Phil plus John Mayer...didn't want it to turn into a bashing of John Mayer or hearing how it's not the Dead since Jerry(or Pigpen) died. I don't go to embarrassing shows, my musical tastes are better than everyone here, kind of like my cars and my women. :D

yea - i have never been tied to paying via amex when using an amex code. its the same as any other code.
also, how embarrassing is the actual show, if you wont just say it so someone can help out on this specific request?

I think that when you get to the last page to pay, they'll only accept Amex cards. You might want to get an Amex gift card at a drugstore to get your purchase completed.

i only have anecdotal evidence of this, but ive never had that problem in the few times ive used amex codes.

I did consider doing that and still may today. Another friend has an amex and he may place the order today. Your suggestion is a very viable option

Hmmm. If only somebody had told you that, and suggested getting an Amex gift card...

My trepidation with the amex card was: 1) if it didn't work then I have a gift card sitting around wit $$ on it. And 2) I thought I'd read about fees associated with using amex gift cards.

well, thats a shame. sorry my feedback didnt match this go around. ive used amex sales a few times and surely dont have one.

have i mentioned lately that the ticket industry is just totally ridiculous? awful.

Ticketing services suck big time. Fans don't stand the best chance, but I don't know what better options exist

well, thats a shame. sorry my feedback didnt match this go around. ive used amex sales a few times and surely dont have one.

have i mentioned lately that the ticket industry is just totally ridiculous? awful.

Ticketing services suck big time. Fans don't stand the best chance, but I don't know what better options exist

I'll tell ya goddamnii!!! Go back to having Central Tickets! Spent many a good night on Delaware Ave for Gabriel, Gentle Giant, Supertramp, etc....now get off my lawn while you are at it!

presale for Amex holders go on sale tomorrow for a show coming to Philly. I don't have Amex. Anyone know of anyway to get around this? doing a quick google search comes up with some pages that want you to join which i won't do because i don't trust them, figured i'd see if anyone had any slick ways around this.

Sorry Pooj, I clicked in here to say "have an amex card" but see that is what you are already up against. Maybe make friends with someone with an Amex? They can put orders in before their presale even starts. My coworker did it this week for Paul McCartney tickets. Amex guaranteed him 6 tickets a week before their presale.

Whatever you do, dont join those sites.