Anyway around pre-sale codes on Ticketmaster?

The Poojer

Ticketing services suck big time. Fans don't stand the best chance, but I don't know what better options exist

even beyond the scalping issues

between the 30-50% fees on top of tickets, the lack of clarity on the million pre-sales and processes, etc.....

it seems it would be easy to clean up the process a lot, if they had any desire.

speaking of fees....went to Steely Dan/Elvis Costello a few weeks ago in Camden NJ, got my tickets on LivingSocial, $25 no fees, great deal....well my buddy and I drive separately to the show, I pay $30 parking, he pays $20....now keep in mind it is Camden NJ, so paying the $30 was because it was a lot right next to the ampitheater and safety is everything when in Camden...but my parking was more expensive than the ticket...now I understand, most times several people can offset the cost of parking, but not this guy....regardless of how many people drive together, $30 parking rates should NEVER happen....f-u live nation!!!

even beyond the scalping issues

between the 30-50% fees on top of tickets, the lack of clarity on the million pre-sales and processes, etc.....

it seems it would be easy to clean up the process a lot, if they had any desire.

My trepidation with the amex card was: 1) if it didn't work then I have a gift card sitting around wit $$ on it. And 2) I thought I'd read about fees associated with using amex gift cards.

It costs 5.95 to buy the card..........You can just use what's left on it when you go shopping. It is a little bit of a pita, but not too bad.

Sorry Pooj, I clicked in here to say "have an amex card" but see that is what you are already up against. Maybe make friends with someone with an Amex? They can put orders in before their presale even starts. My coworker did it this week for Paul McCartney tickets. Amex guaranteed him 6 tickets a week before their presale.

Whatever you do, dont join those sites.

I've never heard of this. For Macca in Buffalo, the Amex presale was this morning. But, I've never heard of somebody with a card being able to order before the presale?

It costs 5.95 to buy the card..........You can just use what's left on it when you go shopping. It is a little bit of a pita, but not too bad.

I've never heard of this. For Macca in Buffalo, the Amex presale was this morning. But, I've never heard of somebody with a card being able to order before the presale?

I (kind of) used a prepaid AMEX card to get Macca tickets last year and I had no opportunity to reserve them prior to the pre-sale. It was my plan, but I had a can't-miss appointment to attend and asked my friend to buy the tickets during the AMEX pre-sale. He somehow fuct it up and missed the boat. So I ended up getting the tix on stubhub. All's well that ends well, I guess!

There are often VIP pre-sales that are before the regular AMEX pre-sales, though. But those are the ridiculously high packages that include a meet/greet, etc.