Tyrod Taylor's contract

Commish

2017 Voidable (50% playing time in 2015 or 16, or on active roster 5 days after 2016 SB)

Buffalo Rumblings did a nice piece on it with a breakdown. Highly incentivized contract with the option to void if successful - basically "if I become the starter, I want to be paid that way"

Edit: sorry, meant to include the link: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/3/18/8236345/tyrod-taylor-contract-details-buffalo-bills-qb-nfl-free-agency-2015

Edited by Hopeful

Heard an interesting call on WGR yesterday - the caller's theory was that Taylor's contract provides that he's a free agent if he starts more than 50% of the games this season, whereas if he doesn't start 50% of the games, he's locked in for two more years, so there's added incentive to start Cassel at the start of the season.

If Taylor's "the man", I can't believe the team wouldn't start him, regardless of the $$s involved.

Thoughts?

That doesn't sound like a win now attitude. It would have nothing to do with who starts.

I love a guy who's willing to bet on his own success. He's certainly fun to watch, but no telling what he can do long term. He wants to be paid like a starter if he's the starter. Being the best of a mediocre crop does not mean huge starter money. JP Losman was a starter. And the list goes on. I can only hope we need to worry about having to pay someone HUGE bucks because they really deserve it. (No, not Fitz.)