After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?

BustaTimes

After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?

• Tyrod Taylor
    • EJ Manuel
    • Matt Cassell
    • Matt Simms
    • Someone else
    • It's too early to tell

I think it is apparent EJ's confidence is on the rise. He has the size and arm strength to be a starting NFL QB, and he has done nothing in game situations this year but prove he's fixed at least some of his accuracy issues. This is a first round pick, who now has proper coaching, and continues to mature and develop. If we are looking for a franchise QB, we can can count on for the next 8 or 10 years... I think EJ is our guy. It is foolish if he is not our starting QB.

Again, so what? Tebow has size and arm strength and was a 1st round pick. Gronk has size and I bet his arm is strong too. It doesn't make them a good quarterback. If the Bills drafted EJ in the 6th round, would you still want him to start? I dont see why him being a 1st rounder matters at all.

The Dougs got into a shouting match in TC last year because Marrone thought EJ stunk and we brought in Orton. We get a new staff with proven Offensive minds and EJ goes straight to 3rd string behind a journeyman and a guy with 0 starts. The leaked pictures of the Dallas draft board from that draft year show Dallas had EJ as a 4th round prospect.

His accuracy is still poor and I think its time the posters on this board accept that EJ just doesnt have it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give some examples of the terrible accuracy you've seen this preseason. Thanks.

One completion on flat pass wound have been swatted or pick 6 with better coverage, ball was thrown behind the WR instead of outside and away. (near side of the TV sceen)

On a good scramble/pocket awareness play he throws it into the dirt in front of the FB or TE in the flat (near side of the TV sceen)

On another play with good movement in the pocket, he totally whiffed on a WR running over the middle ~15 yards down field.

Those 3 come to mind from the Browns game

Edited by peterpan

One completion on flat pass wound have been swatted or pick 6 with better coverage, ball was thrown behind the WR instead of outside and away. (near side of the TV sceen)

On a good scramble/pocket awareness play he throws it into the dirt in front of the FB or TE in the flat (near side of the TV sceen)

On another play with good movement in the pocket, he totally whiffed on a WR running over the middle ~15 yards down field.

9-14 with a 100+ QB rating. I think you're right. He sucked!

I thought the third was a drop by Lewis. It looked like it hit him right in the hands. Possible a defender got his hand in to knock it away although they never showed it. I don't think it was an inaccurate pass though. Thought it was a good one.

The second one was a horrible pas but Connor had it in two hands. Should have caught it. Terrible pass though after a crafty escape. That was his one bad one.

I thought the third was a drop by Lewis. It looked like it hit him right in the hands. Possible a defender got his hand in to knock it away although they never showed it. I don't think it was an inaccurate pass though. Thought it was a good one.

The second one was a horrible pas but Connor had it in two hands. Should have caught it. Terrible pass though after a crafty escape. That was his one bad one.

Could have been this one.

8243f3d9416547f68c274bd0dffa74b4--nfl_me

Could have been this one.

8243f3d9416547f68c274bd0dffa74b4--nfl_me

I think KtD identified the one peter was talking about. EJ got flushed and threw down the middle of the field (I think Gruden called it triple coverage, though I didn't see it). Replay showed DB got a hand on it.

On the above play I wasn't sure if it was a communication error or what. The outside is where I think the ball should be because the defender seems to have inside leverage.

Edited by YattaOkasan

I think KtD has the one peter was talking about. EJ got flushed and threw down field (I think Gruden called it triple coverage, though I didn't see it). DB got a hand on it.

On the above play I wasn't sure if it was a communication error or what. The outside is where I think the ball should be because the defender seems to have inside leverage.

The pass you're referring to was over the middle into tight coverage. Wasn't a great throw.

@JohnDitullio

ICYMI -- Tremendous insight as always from @MatthewFairburn of http://Syracuse.com

The pass you're referring to was over the middle into tight coverage. Wasn't a great throw.@JohnDitullio

ICYMI -- Tremendous insight as always from @MatthewFairburn of http://Syracuse.com

on the #Bills. #BillsMafia http://fb.me/7sAMAwSqs

It was third and 15. He avoided the rush and looked all over then threw it down the field. If anything it was maybe a half yard behind him. A good throw throw for the most part though, not a bad one at all. The announcers said the DB broke it up but they didn't show a replay. I just watched it again. It was probably a PBU but not a bad throw at all. Edited by Kelly the Dog

It was third and 15. He avoided the rush and looked all over then threw it down the field. If anything it was maybe a half yard behind him. A good throw throw for the most part though, not a bad one at all. The announcers said the DB broke it up but they didn't show a replay. I just watched it again. It was probably a PBU but not a bad throw at all.

Could have been a little better, but no QB makes every throw except maybe Aaron Rodgers. :thumbsup:

It was third and 15. He avoided the rush and looked all over then threw it down the field. If anything it was maybe a half yard behind him. A good throw throw for the most part though, not a bad one at all. The announcers said the DB broke it up but they didn't show a replay. I just watched it again. It was probably a PBU but not a bad throw at all.

Could've sworn I saw a replay last night from behind the defense that pretty clearly showed a PBU. I thought it was a good try on 3rd and long. I guess we can chalk it up to some of EJ's struggles with throws on the runs.

Edited by YattaOkasan

Again, so what? Tebow has size and arm strength and was a 1st round pick. Gronk has size and I bet his arm is strong too. It doesn't make them a good quarterback. If the Bills drafted EJ in the 6th round, would you still want him to start? I dont see why him being a 1st rounder matters at all.

The Dougs got into a shouting match in TC last year because Marrone thought EJ stunk and we brought in Orton. We get a new staff with proven Offensive minds and EJ goes straight to 3rd string behind a journeyman and a guy with 0 starts. The leaked pictures of the Dallas draft board from that draft year show Dallas had EJ as a 4th round prospect.

His accuracy is still poor and I think its time the posters on this board accept that EJ just doesnt have it.

I'm not saying everyone with size and strength makes a good QB, but I think we can agree those are desirable qualities for QB.

And yes, based on what I see from EJ right now, even as a UDFA, I would want him to be starting.

Could have been a little better, but no QB makes every throw except maybe Aaron Rodgers. :thumbsup:

I'm watching the Jet game. Matt Ryan has all day and a guy wide open across the middle 10 yards away and its a yard behind the guy Hankerson. He makes the catch but this is a good qb on a short throw. The Falcons went right down the field and scored. Btw.

I'm watching the Jet game. Matt Ryan has all day and a guy wide open across the middle 10 yards away and its a yard behind the guy Hankerson. He makes the catch but this is a good qb on a short throw. The Falcons went right down the field and scored. Btw.

Yep. Saw that too on GamePass.

Could've sworn I saw a replay last night from behind the defense that pretty clearly showed a PBU. I thought it was a good try on 3rd and long. I guess we can chalk it up to some of EJ's struggles with throws on the runs.

I'm going from memory last night on the replay idea. I just watched it a couple times on the condensed version so no replays. But it was probably a pbu. Looked like Lewis had two hands on it but the db got there at the same time.

Tyrod to start.

Matt to back him up.

If EJ continues to show improvement, he should start ahead of Matt if Tyrod goes down or craps out.

Matt is basically a veteran backup if you have anything better to go with.

A little risky as a strategy perhaps but with enuf upside to justify it IMO.

Must say I've been pleasantly surprised by EJs execution and mechanics. Much better and if he can nail that aspect we know he has the tools.

Tyrod to start.

Matt to back him up.

If EJ continues to show improvement, he should start ahead of Matt if Tyrod goes down or craps out.

Matt is basically a veteran backup if you have anything better to go with.

A little risky as a strategy perhaps but with enuf upside to justify it IMO.

Must say I've been pleasantly surprised by EJs execution and mechanics. Much better and if he can nail that aspect we know he has the tools.

i could get behind this, if it happened that way!