Ashley Madison leak -- the fallout begins

truth on hold

I still find this hilarious.

What was hilarious were the commercials. They air all the time on Sirius and you sat there listening and saying, "really?" This dude finds his wife's AM account on her iPad and within two sentences he's saying, "you know, I think I'm ok with it."

Comedy gold.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was hilarious were the commercials. They air all the time on Sirius and you sat there listening and saying, "really?" This dude finds his wife's AM account on her iPad and within two sentences he's saying, "you know, I think I'm ok with it."

Comedy gold.

... I'm going to have to come up there and have a beer with you some day e. I could enlighten you on a few women I've dated who wanted that whole poly kind of life, it was hilarious.

Those Sirius ads were great. But, that people actually used their regular emails for this is just insane. I will admit something I seldom do and something I tell most women I date before we begin dating: I have cheated on every single girlfriend I have had. It is my own sabotage at the end of the relationship (96.3% of the time). But, I would never join a site like AM.

This is a really sad story on so many levels -- from the ridiculous proposition of creating such a site in the first place, the alarming number of people who place no value in the concept of monogamy and marriage, to the devastating (in some cases) consequences of a data breach such as this.

Between the Ashley Madison site getting killed and DeBlasio making all the girls put away their nekkid breasts in Times Square...a lot of men are having a bad day.

Between the Ashley Madison site getting killed and DeBlasio making all the girls put away their nekkid breasts in Times Square...a lot of men are having a bad day.

Someone need to tell DeBlahdiblah that NY state law allows women to go topless in public. He doesn't get to make that call.

This is a really sad story on so many levels -- from the ridiculous proposition of creating such a site in the first place, the alarming number of people who place no value in the concept of monogamy and marriage, to the devastating (in some cases) consequences of a data breach such as this.

If the owners of this site don't take it down permanently it's shameful. Even though it's easy to place moral or ethical blame upon those who were members on the site, at the end of the day they were promised anonymity and I hope the owners face legal action for any tragic consequences.

On another note, isn't it sad (and predictable) that the excuse-of-the-day is "I was curious about the site so I signed up, but I never met anyone."

No man is monogamous, it's about time men stopped lying. Men can behave monogamously (Obviously not everyone is cheating on their spouse), but almost every man gratifies themselves to images and thoughts of other women. Which means they are suppressing a natural drive. Men suppress that drive through many means or they cave and have an affair. But to deny that drive is silly and dishonest.

Monogamy works for some but for a lot of people its just not a natural state of existence.

No man is monogamous, it's about time men stopped lying. Men can behave monogamously (Obviously not everyone is cheating on their spouse), but almost every man gratifies themselves to images and thoughts of other women. Which means they are suppressing a natural drive. Men suppress that drive through many means or they cave and have an affair. But to deny that drive is silly and dishonest.

Monogamy works for some but for a lot of people its just not a natural state of existence.

Which is why I combined "monogamy and marriage" -- if a guy can't contain himself to one woman he shouldn't put that woman through this kind of embarrassment.

Hell, my wife knows I take care of business on my own occasionally and it's no big deal.

Someone need to tell DeBlahdiblah that NY state law allows women to go topless in public. He doesn't get to make that call.

It appears he is considering designating Times Square as a city park, where topless women are not allowed to be...uh...topless.

The painted boobs may soon be outdone by the biggest.

Which is why I combined "monogamy and marriage" -- if a guy can't contain himself to one woman he shouldn't put that woman through this kind of embarrassment.

Hell, my wife knows I take care of business on my own occasionally and it's no big deal.

I would argue that very few men can do that. If that was the case then 95% of marriages shouldn't happen. Most men can't contain themselves and be happy. Instead they have to resort to taking care of themselves to thoughts of other women or be miserable in order to stay faithful. I also don't think women want to confine a man to misery. Just as a person do you want to be someone who is dealt with rather than enjoyed? We make such a big deal about sex and monogamy not because it's the best system (The divorce rate of swingers is way lower and their marriage sanctification rate is much higher would prove otherwise) but rather because socially we have defined it as right.

But what is right about it? Marriage and emotional monogamy are a great institution for raising a family in. But why can't we have an honest conversation about the conventions of sexual monogamy not being the best set up for all parties involved.

I would argue that very few men can do that. If that was the case then 95% of marriages shouldn't happen. Most men can't contain themselves and be happy. Instead they have to resort to taking care of themselves to thoughts of other women or be miserable in order to stay faithful. I also don't think women want to confine a man to misery. Just as a person do you want to be someone who is dealt with rather than enjoyed? We make such a big deal about sex and monogamy not because it's the best system (The divorce rate of swingers is way lower and their marriage sanctification rate is much higher would prove otherwise) but rather because socially we have defined it as right.

But what is right about it? Marriage and emotional monogamy are a great institution for raising a family in. But why can't we have an honest conversation about the conventions of sexual monogamy not being the best set up for all parties involved.

I haven't defined anything as "right" -- and I agree with you that men and women should be honest with each other about their sexual wants and needs. What I'm talking about is men (or women) who haven't had that conversation with their partners and then go to a site like AM -- that's simply dishonest and hurtful.

Most men can't contain themselves and be happy. Instead they have to resort to taking care of themselves to thoughts of other women or be miserable in order to stay faithful.

Maybe I'm just older, but that's ridiculous. Granted, I've been around a bunch of guys who were perpetual horndogs, and I stopped hanging with them because they were essentially an embarrassment to anyone who either is a man, or identifies as a man, but virtually all the married men I personally know don't need strange tail to truly be happy.

And if they ARE unhappy in their marriage, there's something other than sex that is creating the issue.

i don't think he is saying that, he is really stretching to say that even ogling a pretty woman on screen or reading playboy for the pictures proves we are not a monogamous group....i think it's a bit of a stretch

Maybe I'm just older, but that's ridiculous. Granted, I've been around a bunch of guys who were perpetual horndogs, and I stopped hanging with them because they were essentially an embarrassment to anyone who either is a man, or identifies as a man, but virtually all the married men I personally know don't need strange tail to truly be happy.

And if they ARE unhappy in their marriage, there's something other than sex that is creating the issue.

He's sorry. Josh Taekman, the husband of Real Housewives of New York City star Kristen Taekman, admitted to having an account on Ashley Madison, and apologized in a statement to Us Weekly for registering on the infidelity website.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/josh-taekman-apologizes-for-foolishly-signing-up-for-ashley-madison-2015258#ixzz3jrq0GmDe

EXCLUSIVE: JOE BIDENS SON: ASHLEY MADISON ACCOUNT WAS CREATED IN MY NAME BY AMERICAS ENEMIES

Hunter Biden tells Breitbart News that the account is not his, but rather was created by one of Americas enemies to discredit him. He thinks it could have been due to his sitting on the board of a Ukrainian gas company, which outraged supporters of Vladimir Putins Russian regime.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/24/exclusive-joe-bidens-son-ashley-madison-account-was-created-in-my-name-by-americas-enemies/

I haven't defined anything as "right" -- and I agree with you that men and women should be honest with each other about their sexual wants and needs. What I'm talking about is men (or women) who haven't had that conversation with their partners and then go to a site like AM -- that's simply dishonest and hurtful.

That's fair but I think that the reason men aren't honest is because monogamy is considered the societal norms or because they are so afraid of losing their girl that they will bury those feelings. It's hard to go against it in conventional terms. I think that there really needs to be an honesty among our culture.

That's a crazy statement.

Not everyone cheats. But it's like getting over the hump (no pun intended). Once you do it, you could stop.

I have zero zero zero intentions of cheating again. Like ever. Like not in a million years. I was young and immature. Not a good excuse, but that's all I have.

More Than 100 ESPN Employees Signed Up For Ashley Madison From Work

How many? 101, to be specific—with dozens of them highly influential executives, vice-presidents, and producers. ESPN employees responsible for such popular programming asSportsCenter and Sunday NFL Countdown took time out from work to sign up for the cheating-oriented dating service, as did powerful senior finance directors, marketing higher-ups, and assistants to that same ESPN president who vowed to end the Bristol campus’s culture of extramarital adventuring.

Interestingly, female ESPN employees make up a substantial percentage of the list. While only5% of Ashley Madison’s users are women, we found that fully 20% of identifiable ESPN signups came from women.

http://deadspin.com/more-than-100-espn-employees-signed-up-for-ashley-madis-1726440929

Edited by JTSP

Does anyone else kinda feel like these hackers should be shot? I'm dead serious. To insert yourself into the affairs of others with no intimate knowledge of the individual circumstances of those involved, particularly when your actions can have life-altering effects on people you don't even know is inexcusable.

Front page NY Post:

My wife was addicted to Ashley Madison

Matthew is a successful, 48-year-old tech executive living outside of San Francisco. Over the course of five months from 2013 to 2014, his wife — we’ll call her “S” — cheated on him with countless men on the Ashley Madison Web site. Last week, hackers exposed the site’s 32 million users. Here, Matthew, who asked that his last name not be used in order to protect their two sons, tells The Post’s Dana Schuster his story.

Her profile, “attached female seeking male,” read: “Not looking to blow up my life … I am looking to stretch my wings a bit and fly a bit farther.”

My wife, to put it bluntly, was a cold fish in bed throughout our nearly two decades of marriage, so it was devastating to see her explicit fantasies laid out there so unabashedly. When we were together, she wasn’t into oral stuff, she wasn’t into kinky stuff — but on the site, she checked all the boxes: “I like to give oral,” “I like to get oral.”

http://nypost.com/2015/08/26/my-wife-was-addicted-to-ashley-madison/

i do...i think computer hackers are among the lowest of the scum

Does anyone else kinda feel like these hackers should be shot? I'm dead serious. To insert yourself into the affairs of others with no intimate knowledge of the individual circumstances of those involved, particularly when your actions can have life-altering effects on people you don't even know is inexcusable.