Bad NFL replay title. Scared the crap out of me.

Coach55

Just an observation. Even though I don't have that many posts, I have come to this board to read about The Buffalo

Bills for many years. If I was to judge fellow Bills fans from just what I see here, I'd have to describe (at least) some of

you as overly critical of others and very rude. Impatient with what others want to talk about, too.

If you are out of the Buffalo area and NOT able to watch the game on TV live, but go to NFL.com for a desperate

bit of news or highlights, then see a video with a 3 word caption "McCoy breaks ankles," you'd freak out too.

Just an observation. Even though I don't have that many posts, I have come to this board to read about The Buffalo

Bills for many years. If I was to judge fellow Bills fans from just what I see here, I'd have to describe (at least) some of

you as overly critical of others and very rude. Impatient with what others want to talk about, too.

If you are out of the Buffalo area and NOT able to watch the game on TV live, but go to NFL.com for a desperate

bit of news or highlights, then see a video with a 3 word caption "McCoy breaks ankles," you'd freak out too.

Glad to hear from you. If you think the NFL.com title was bad, why not do a little better than repeat it? Be better. I'm not for banishing, and I don't think anyone else seriously is either. Havining said that, this place can get a little crazy. Roll with it for the most part.

Just curious, are you originally from Buffalo? If not, what made you become a Bills fan?

Just curious, are you originally from Buffalo? If not, what made you become a Bills fan?

Not sure about him, but a lot of 31-38 year old out of state Bills fans that started following football as kids during the best of the Kelly years. I think most learned to appreciate more than just those teams, but everything the team and the fans represented. Once you become a Bills fan you just don't stop. In state or out. As far his comments, I don't know. I think Buffalo from the outside in seems like it could be a difficult but rewarding place to play. Difficult from a lack of huge market exposure but huge market expectations, rewarding from how revered Bills players can become locally. You can play good football and retire for a lot of teams and fade off into the distance. Most Bills that play good football become legends.

@Dopey No, I have never been fortunate enough to even set foot in Buffalo. I grew up in Oregon and spent 20 years in

the Air Force. I definitely plan to make it to The Ralph someday for a game or two.

One of my earliest football memories is watching O.J. Simpson make a long run down the sideline (on the TV, of course). My dad told me to "come look at this guy run!" I was probably 6 or 7 years old. I finished watching the game and have been hooked ever since. A lot has changed in my life, but being a die hard Bills fan has been one of the constants.

In 1996 I made it to Seattle to watch the Bills play. Only Bills game that I've been able to attend. We lost, but I had such a great time. My wife and I showed up early and stayed late. We hung out after the game and watched the players hangout a bit before they got onto the buses. Bruce, Jim Kelly, Thurman...they were all there!

I have a whole list of "hard luck" stories that I could tell, but I tried to get to see the Bills in 1987, but the players went on strike after game 3 of that season. They were to play in Dallas the following week. I was stationed at a nearby Air Force base (in Texas). Military bases have places that sell discounted game tickets. I had the money in my hand, sitting in the parking lot, listening for the noon time radio announcement as to whether the players were going on strike or not.....of course they did go on strike. There went my chance.

OK, one more. I was stationed in Berlin Germany in 1988-1990. In 1990 the NFL started their exhibition game program overseas. The first year the Rams and Chiefs came to Berlin. I had a connection and got a press pass that got me on to the practice field the entire week leading up to the game. That was pretty exciting. My Berlin tour ended in December of 1990 and had to return to the U.S. Who goes to Berlin the following year? Of course, it was the 1991 Buffalo Bills team. I could have spent an entire week out on the practice field with the Bills!

I have the worst of luck! :)

Edited by Fan in Alaska