Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

or maybe metzelaars_cries?

Rob, at this moment all 3 are presumptive starters.

Rex Ryan - "Don't read into it too much that EJ is with the 3's".

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sure if I can recover from that one. That one stung a little bit. I don't wanna argue anymore. I am tired. I am broken. I'm a Bills fan. It occurred to me last night that I love the game of football so much- it would be great to spend some time on here debating, say, the top ten all time greatest running backs or something. But instead, I spend all my time arguing with people like you about EJ Manuel. Quite frankly, it's more than a little childish on my part. I don't know what you want me to say. I don't think he's going to develop into a franchise QB for the Bills. Evidently, you disagree. That's fine. I don't dislike him, I do not wish to revel in his failure, I don't care about being right, I would not make excuses if he were in fact successful. I did not join this website back in 2008 with the hopes that someday the Bills would draft a QB that I could root against. I only want the Bills to be good. That's all. I just don't want to argue about this anymore. This is my peace offering to you and everyone else who takes issue with me on this and anything else Bills-related. Go Bills, my friend. Go Bills. Anyone else going to the opener? Maybe we can drink a beer and have a laugh about this.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sure if I can recover from that one. That one stung a little bit. I don't wanna argue anymore. I am tired. I am broken. I'm a Bills fan. It occurred to me last night that I love the game of football so much- it would be great to spend some time on here debating, say, the top ten all time greatest running backs or something. But instead, I spend all my time arguing with people like you about EJ Manuel. Quite frankly, it's more than a little childish on my part. I don't know what you want me to say. I don't think he's going to develop into a franchise QB for the Bills. Evidently, you disagree. That's fine. I don't dislike him, I do not wish to revel in his failure, I don't care about being right, I would not make excuses if he were in fact successful. I did not join this website back in 2008 with the hopes that someday the Bills would draft a QB that I could root against. I only want the Bills to be good. That's all. I just don't want to argue about this anymore. This is my peace offering to you and everyone else who takes issue with me on this and anything else Bills-related. Go Bills, my friend. Go Bills. Anyone else going to the opener? Maybe we can drink a beer and have a laugh about this.

:unsure: I don't know...this looks like a trap...

:lol: Go Bills

:unsure: I don't know...this looks like a trap...

:lol: Go Bills

Nah man, I'm just done with this. Go Bills to you too. Our family has parked in the 7-11 lot since 1986 but rumor has it they recently replaced the grass with gravel so maybe I'll give this Hammer's Lot that everyone's always talking about a try.

Nah man, I'm just done with this. Go Bills to you too. Our family has parked in the 7-11 lot since 1986 but rumor has it they recently replaced the grass with gravel so maybe I'll give this Hammer's Lot that everyone's always talking about a try.

There are going to be 8 EJ supporters waiting in the parking lot to kick you @$$

Lolz. Go to Philly or Redskins game and I'll take one of those beers.

If meh has us 4 games under .500 I might have to get rowdy though

The old me would say "hey the EJ guys will have no right to complain about Cassel or Taylor's performance this season because he had ample opportunity (and perhaps still does) to win the job himself" but instead I'll let it go and say cheers to the 2015 Bills. I don't care who their quarterback is, all I care about is being able to attend my first Bills playoff game since Kelly got carted off the field right in front of me in January of 1997. I have vowed for many years that I will be in attendance at the next Bills playoff game no matter where it is.

Well maybe a group of EJ haters can intervene and break it up before it gets out of hand.

Don't you mean a gang of EJ haters. Just kidding this debate is sapping my strength just reading it. Go Bills, may the best QB win.

Wow. He must know Joe B.

Well in fairness.......the NFL replay of the game did not show that series.

Edited out.

So a myriad of opinionated out of market folks who may or may not follow him on twitter..........Clippers of the NFL, for example.........weren't able to see that hellacious third down failure.

Well in fairness.......the NFL replay of the game did not show that series.

Edited out.

So a myriad of opinionated out of market folks who may or may not follow him on twitter..........Clippers of the NFL, for example.........weren't able to see that hellacious third down failure.

Aha...I was wondering why I didn't remember it. I thought I had selective memory or something.

Aha...I was wondering why I didn't remember it. I thought I had selective memory or something.

I kid because Clippers of the NFL went off on me about how watching the game on tv was more insightful than in person from midfield, front of the upper deck.

Basically the view that they show when they want to provide full perspective. :lol:

But beside the fact that he didn't even get to see the entire game............that play does sum up EJ to this point.

Flashes of good mixed with flashes of complete incompetence.

What I am noticing is that the "left handed" moments are getting fewer and the good moments are getting higher in quality.

If you follow EJ's trajectory....even back to FSU......you see that he is always progressing it is just terribly slow.

It wouldn't be worth it if he didn't have big time physical tools and a level head.

But he snapped off a couple big league throws the other night that Cassel couldn't dream of making and he's been in the league for a decade so I really do think EJ has a future.

Glad to hear Rex basically say that he was going to be kept.