NFL player poll re: Brady/pats

Mr. WEO

To paraphrase K-J..."why aren't they outraged??".

The results of the poll should surprise no one, not even those whos narrative it challenges....

This includes the folks that believe that deflating the footballs doesn't affect the outcome of the game--nearly half the players believe it does.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This includes the folks that believe that deflating the footballs doesn't affect the outcome of the game--nearly half the players believe it does.

A higher percentage of players think it has no outocme on the game than do posters on a fan site.

And most of those players who do feel it affects the outcome of a game clerly do not care. They are not obthered by this possibility.

Why don't you tell them how why they are wrong..

A higher percentage of players think it has no outocme on the game than do posters on a fan site.

And most of those players who do feel it affects the outcome of a game clerly do not care. They are not obthered by this possibility.

What percentage of the league think the Rams are cheaters?

A slightly higher percentage (of the 100 players polled, which is by no means a majority of the league) believe that it doesn't affect the outcome; are we going to pretend that 48% of players is not a significant amount? There's simply no way that you believe that.

A slightly higher percentage (of the 100 players polled, which is by no means a majority of the league) believe that it doesn't affect the outcome; are we going to pretend that 48% of players is not a significant amount? There's simply no way that you believe that.

I said that even if they believe that, by an overwhelming majority, they just don't care. So why should you? Tell us why they are wrong in their beliefs.

I said that even if they believe that, by an overwhelming majority, they just don't care. So why should you? Tell us why they are wrong in their beliefs.

Did a $40K insider trade merit two years in prison?

Did a $40K insider trade merit two years in prison?

No (moral equivocation aside and apropos of nothing), but why can't anyone answer my simple question? Why are the players so wrong about their nonchalance regarding "the integrity of the game", etc?

30% think their own teammates cheat, by the way. They really don't see this the way fan posters do. I'm wondering why--should they not be the most outraged? Or if not them, the owners?

No (moral equivocation aside and apropos of nothing), but why can't anyone answer my simple question? Why are the players so wrong about their nonchalance regarding "the integrity of the game", etc?

30% think their own teammates cheat, by the way. They really don't see this the way fan posters do. I'm wondering why--should they not be the most outraged? Or if not them, the owners?

How do you reconcile that 70% of players think that other teams cheat but only 30% think their own team does. That doesn't make any sense, other than to say that they're ignorant of what their own team is doing or that they exaggerate what the other teams are doing.

Most of the posters here that are very upset with Brady and his cheating really could care less about the little deflation of the ball. Some do but it seems the vast majority don't. They are pissed by how it was done and what he did after.

I guarantee you this poll said do you think a little deflating of the balls was bad, and not what actually happened was bad.

How do you reconcile that 70% of players think that other teams cheat but only 30% think their own team does. That doesn't make any sense, other than to say that they're ignorant of what their own team is doing or that they exaggerate what the other teams are doing.

Most of the posters here that are very upset with Brady and his cheating really could care less about the little deflation of the ball. Some do but it seems the vast majority don't. They are pissed by how it was done and what he did after.

I guarantee you this poll said do you think a little deflating of the balls was bad, and not what actually happened was bad.

or a few have the good sense to not want to attach their name to "my own team cheats" if espn doesnt hold up its vow of secrecy.

that even 30% said YES is a pretty substantial number for a question like that, id imagine.

48% of the players think it gave them a competitive advantage. That's not insignificant. The players, like everybody else think the infraction on its own is minor. But the deflation alone was not the totality of Goodell's ruling.

or a few have the good sense to not want to attach their name to "my own team cheats" if espn doesnt hold up its vow of secrecy.

that even 30% said YES is a pretty substantial number for a question like that, id imagine.

Yep. I think these kinds of polls are great for the websites because they generate talk like this but I don't think they show much.

At least they're getting paid millions of dollars...

Fans don't make money off the league, so we should expect, you know, a legitimate operation.

If the players support a league of cheating, then there really is no hope.

This is just an entertainment business. A Non-profit entertainment business that millions of people gamble on.

I guarantee you it didn't say that. Why don't you just read the article?

As NoSaint says, players aren't going to be as likely to admit to cheating or that their teammates cheat--even in an anonymous poll. That 30% admitted to it fingered their teammates is a revelation.

48% of the players think it gave them a competitive advantage. That's not insignificant. The players, like everybody else think the infraction on its own is minor. But the deflation alone was not the totality of Goodell's ruling.

They just don't care about the deflation of balls--icluding the majority of the players in that 48%. They also aren't concerned with all the other things people here are "outarged" over regarding this case. The majority don't even consider the pats cheaters. How can this be?

They probably don't care because there isn't anything that they can do to stop it, so they're just focusing on their jobs.

Why do I care? Oh I don't know, I'd rather a team win because they're the best at football, not because they're the best at cheating...but that's just, like, my opinion man.

They probably don't care because there isn't anything that they can do to stop it, so they're just focusing on their jobs.

Why do I care? Oh I don't know, I'd rather a team win because they're the best at football, not because they're the best at cheating...but that's just, like, my opinion man.

Just go with it, man. The NFL wants parity, so you gotta let everyone cheat a little.

They just don't care about the deflation of balls--icluding the majority of the players in that 48%. They also aren't concerned with all the other things people here are "outarged" over regarding this case. The majority don't even consider the pats cheaters. How can this be?

In a sense players' opinions aren't as important as the fans, because that's for whom NFL is protecting the integrity of the league. That's why Martha Stewart's case is a good parallel. Most market participants know and real research proves that insider trading has a negligible effect on the markets or individual investors. But regulators come down hard on inside traders to reinforce the perception that they are fighting to keep markets fair.