New School Year

First day of the new school year, and my younger kid is trapped at elementary school because a bear wandered down out of the mountains and was cavorting around the perimeter of the campus. All the "walk-home" kids were made to wait in the cafeteria until someone showed up to get them.

It's gonna be that kind of year.

First day of the new school year, and my younger kid is trapped at elementary school because a bear wandered down out of the mountains and was cavorting around the perimeter of the campus. All the "walk-home" kids were made to wait in the cafeteria until someone showed up to get them.

It's gonna be that kind of year.

Until the bear ate them all.

How long before this thread gets me to open up old enviro movement wounds. Bears never use to wonder into towns when there were open dumps around... They hung out there! Or taking picnic baskets against The Ranger's wishes...

:lol::lol:

Yeah, but they finish in May. Or did you mean early in the a.m?

Gotcha by a half a minute and a post! :nana::nana:

Is it because you feel obligated to greet him when he's smoking cigs out front?

No, I moved. It was an unexpected situation. The sad part for me is that a very good friend of mine still lives on that block. So I still have to say hi to "stupid smoker" when I see him. Once or twice a month is better than everyday though.

How long before this thread gets me to open up old enviro movement wounds. Bears never use to wonder into towns when there were open dumps around... They hung out there! Or taking picnic baskets against The Ranger's wishes...

Great minds are in tune.... and so are ours.

Finish in May?? When did all this happen?

I think every state is racing every other state to graduate their seniors earlier and earlier to give them some kind of competitive edge. I figure it's only a matter of time before they lap themselves, and we end up right where we started, Sep - Jun school year.

They have to start early out here to prepare for all the upcoming snow days.

Here it is the heat... Well that is what they say. End in May... Yet, start in mid-August. Yeah, mid-August heat is so much better than mid-June heat. :wallbash: Okay scratch that. Summer vacation is kinda old-fashioned and revolved an agrarian society. How many of the little brats are in the fields in stead of in front of the X-Box. LMAO. I tell Jr. to mow the lawn, for no money... Call child welfare on my butt! I thought Obama was supposed to wipe out summer vacation for the children of our gr8 society! Almost 8 years and I am still waiting! Some freaking "hope." :nana:

Plus, when we had open dumps I knew where to bear hunt!

Plus, when we had open dumps I knew where to bear hunt!

Yep! :D

Poor bears now are skinny, weak, and hungry... Worse than me! That makes them miserable and harder to hunt. Would you rather live on roots and berries or spent Pop-Tarts and Froot Loops (from a dump)! Damn enviros and transfer stations! Think of the bears!