Explosion in Tianjin China

Deranged Rhino

The site is temporarily unavailable because of traffic exhausted

That is the message I get when I visit Ruihai Logistics web page

What media? There is no media left in America. It's all corporate talking points.

corporate "news" is entertainment. People watch corporate CNN/MSNBC/FOX etc and think they are informed LOL

From disaster we can see that greatness in humanity that's universal; Emergency responders, volunteer medicos. Amazing folk.

Very true. People can be pretty wonderful sometimes. And they step up in the worst circumstances

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mayor of the northern Chinese city where huge explosions killed over 100 people last week took responsibility for the disaster on Wednesday, as the authorities sought to contain growing public anger about the accident.

“I bear unshirkable responsibility for this accident as head of the city,” said Huang Xingguo, the mayor and acting Communist Party secretary of the metropolis, Tianjin, in his first news conference since the blasts at a chemical warehouse on Aug. 12.

The mayor’s televised mea culpa appeared to signal a shift in the authorities’ response to the political fallout from the disaster. After days of official silence, the government has begun releasing information about the owners of the warehouse company, Rui Hai International Logistics, including their admission of corruption, in an effort to quash public accusations of a cover-up.

On Wednesday, China’s state-run Xinhua news agency reported that two major shareholders in Rui Hai had admitted to using their political connections to gain government approvals for the site, despite clear violations of rules prohibiting the storage of hazardous chemicals within 3,200 feet of residential areas.

Yu Xuewei, the company chairman, is a former executive at a state-owned chemical company, and Dong Shexuan, the vice chairman, is the son of a former police chief at the Tianjin port. The two executives, who deliberately concealed their ownership stakes behind a murky corporate structure, told Xinhua that they had leveraged their personal relationships with government officials to obtain licenses for the site. Both men have been detained.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/21/chinese-authorities-investigate-mass-fish-death-near-tianjin-explosion-site3869.jpg?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Mass fish die off near Tianjin. Sure, reporters are being kept away from the sight, and China is not telling the whole story. But can our gutless reporters at least report on the fallout? What happened to that big, black, chemical cloud? Our media cannot blame China from preventing that story

4 new fires at sight today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-34014314

Facing continuing public fury, local authorities have in recent days been giving more information on chemical contaminants in waste water and in the air.

However, the full list of chemical names has not been released.

The government says that the person in charge of warehouse logistics is too badly injured to speak, making it difficult to know exactly what was inside the warehouse at the time of the blast.

Pete, thank you for keeping us posted on the latest. I keep looking here each day for any updates you've found. 1,400 deaths and possibly more. Yikes!

You are most welcome. It is hard to find current info. So I try and share. This is one huge story that is not being covered

Edited by Pete

The Cyberspace Administration of China has insisted that coverage of the explosions is limited to use of the dispatches published by Xinhua, the government news agency. Adding personal comments or opinions is strictly forbidden. Live video feeds are also forbidden.

The Tianjin Propaganda Department has banned the employees of TV channels, radio stations, newspapers and microblogging platforms, including reporters, presenters and editors, from posting information about the explosions on social networks.

In some provinces, online news media outlets have been ordered to withdraw text references and photos of the Tianjin disaster from their homes pages and from their lists of recommended articles.

On 13 August, CNN correspondent Will Ripley was harassed and jostled by individuals while reporting live from a hospital that was receiving victims. As a result, he was forced to stop broadcasting. Policemen who were there made no attempt to intervene and even prevented a colleague from coming to his aid.

http://en.boxun.com/2015/08/18/authorities-suppress-right-to-know-about-tianjin-explosions/

Headline: water contaminated with 356 times the allowed level of cyanide.

Story: one test at one rainwater spout registered 356 times the allowed level. Drinking water tests fine.

****ty clickbait headline.

Agreed, I was more trying to link the video of the apartment.

• 2 weeks later...

Another massive Chinese explosion happened earlier today in a chemical industrial zone in the Shandong province.

Sorry I don't have a link.

This is just nuts.

Ok perhaps I posted too soon. It could be a hoax.

Edited by Pilsner

Another massive Chinese explosion happened earlier today in a chemical industrial zone in the Shandong province.

This is just nuts.

I think B-Man in PPP posted the link... IFF all who dare to enter the bowels of the earth (PPP)... Come play w/the Sodomites! Stay awhile, we are serving nice chai tea! Even if you just lurk! ;-)

LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This is just nuts.

Ok perhaps I posted too soon. It could be a hoax.

https://beta.grasswire.com/story/200/china-explosion

It's legit... and these more than likely are not random occurrences. One, okay. Two? Maybe. But three in less than a month's time? Considering what else is going on in China at the moment, something is afoot.

https://beta.grasswire.com/story/200/china-explosion

It's legit... and these more than likely are not random occurrences. One, okay. Two? Maybe. But three in less than a month's time? Considering what else is going on in China at the moment, something is afoot.

Dude! Why'd you do that... Now nobody is coming over for chai tea! ;-)