Parking/Tailgating

Codyny13

Hey guys, for those of you that don't know I'm a season ticket holder from nyc. I make the 6 1/2 hr drive up on most home game weekends and usually stay the weekend and then shoot home right after the game ends. My question really is about parking and tailgating as far as where the best place to do it is. The last cpl years I've been parking in the twin oaks motel lot since that's the place the few ppl I know up there go. They're not season ticket holders though and half the time it's just me and my girl or a buddy that comes up with me. I guess I'm just wondering if it's worth getting a parking pass this year and if so, which one? Is there a place most of you guys go? Thanks a lot.

Love the Hammers Lot, but not the place to park you trying to make a quick away.

Hammer, please let me park there for Pats game even after i said that...last time i parked your lot was the last time we beat em at home :thumbsup:

Be two cars of us this year

I make the 6 1/2 hr drive up on most home game weekends and usually stay the weekend and then shoot home right after the game ends.

More power to you buddy - heading home right after the game. Usually I'm mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted after games and wouldn't dream of getting on the highway. But I've recently moved to Pittsburgh (3 hrs away) so will have to figure out what my new routine will be every home Sunday.

Yea man, really have no choice otherwise ya know. It's not too bad when they win, losses linger on that ride though lol. I have Sirius radio though thank god, so I get all the 4pm games and the 8pm game which makes the time go. It's worth being shot on Monday.

Hammers lot is fantastic but you'll have a hard time getting out quickly unless you leave before the game ends. There's no parking pass for the lot so you can give it a whirl and see what you think, but you're not getting out fast. You'd probably need to be in the lot by 7:30 - 8:00am for the opener.

I would like to follow up on this post on parking. I would like to try Hammers but I like quick and easy outs. Are there some decent places on Big Tree (20A) in which I can turn right to head to 219? $25 to park at the Ralph is getting to be too much.....

Thank you!

I would like to follow up on this post on parking. I would like to try Hammers but I like quick and easy outs. Are there some decent places on Big Tree (20A) in which I can turn right to head to 219? $25 to park at the Ralph is getting to be too much.....

Thank you!

$25 to much???? My sense would be that is by far cheapest in the league.

Thank you!

Pay 10 or 15 in a nearby lot and walk to wherever you wish to be. My friends and I roll the grill, cooler and carry chairs just to save some cash.

Pay 10 or 15 in a nearby lot and walk to wherever you wish to be. My friends and I roll the grill, cooler and carry chairs just to save some cash.

I am not trying to be a wiseguy here but why would you do this? I am assuming you have at least 2 other friends in the car. Your literally saving $3 bucks a guy. I don't think it is worth the effort to carry your whole tailgate just to save $10. Then you got to lug everything back to your car before you go in. Just pay the extra money & relax.

I just pull to the curb on southwestern and throw my four way flashers on for the game, get out and go tailgate and go to the game and when the game is over my cars already cooled off/heated up depending on time of year....it's truly the only way to go (and free)

In all honesty my days of tailgating have started to slow down. With old age I just like to go the game, have a quick snack, go watch the game, another quick snack and quickly home. I was not sure of prices in other NFL cites but it seems as if the average joe has to pay more and more and I am thinking of just staying home to watch the games but I do enjoy watching at the stadium.

Thanks for responses. Interesting to read......

In all honesty my days of tailgating have started to slow down. With old age I just like to go the game, have a quick snack, go watch the game, another quick snack and quickly home. I was not sure of prices in other NFL cites but it seems as if the average joe has to pay more and more and I am thinking of just staying home to watch the games but I do enjoy watching at the stadium.

Thanks for responses. Interesting to read......

I am actually just the opposite. I am also getting up there in age. I love the tailgate, seeing friends I normally don't get see over the course of the year, grilling & throwing the football around with my son in the parking lot. I actually really don't enjoy going to the games anymore. I would rather watch the game in my basement, where I have easy access to a bathroom, not paying $9 for a beer, not having to fight traffic & I could set the other 2 tvs behind my bar to different games to see what is going around the NFL. If wasn't for my 11 year old son who loves going to the games I would probably give up my season tickets & just go to the tailgate. I only live about 15 minutes away from the stadium. In fact there are 2 games of right I know he can't go to because of sports this year(Giants & Dolphins) & I am going to sell those tickets & just go to the tailgate & have my wife pick me up at 12:45 to take me home.

Yes, like many of you, I am getting older but there truly is nothing like a BILLS game at THE RALPH!

The energy in that stadium makes every trip worthwhile (I am a season ticket holder from New Jersey.) and the party feeling that still exists outside the stadium continues to have that 'college feel' even though it's not quite it once was.

Two answers to the where to park question ... if you are tailgating with a group I think that parking in a stadium lot is the way to go just spread the cost out amongst your group to make it reasonable (Although $25 sounds outrageous the parking charges at other NFL stadiums will break the bank!).

Our favorite lot if we are not meeting up with others is the car wash on Southwestern where parking costs are still reasonable and there are always friendly folks tossing a ball around pre and post game.