lenny p-losman back in buff; will start in 05

dave mcbride

Well, we would be in "doo-doo" anyway with Bledsoe at quarterback, and Losman has POTENTIAL......Something Drew doesn't.

As Parcells likes to say, "potential means you haven't done anything yet." I'll take a 9-7 record with a line that couldn't run-block well, receivers who liked to drop passes (24 of them, to be exact), and NO TE's for half the season, over a guy who has "potential," at least until he moves beyond having "potential" and actually DOES something.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to losing with losman. No wins equal poor ticket sales.

236459[/snapback]

When did we ever start losing with Losman? Hey Sue maybe drew could go and back up Eli in New York.... That way you wouldn't have to drive as far to see him play. :doh:

Im not confident at all.

I have no idea what JP is going to be.

I just wanted a change at the position, and the most logical replacment for Bledsoe is the quarterback we traded up to get in last years draft.

I really can't tell you what the Bills will do next year, because like I said, Losman is such a mystery.(They could go anywhere from 6-10 to 12-4 depending on the play of Losman)

No I wouldn't be willing to bet money on it either.

Fair enough. I can accept that. What I CAN'T accept is people saying that JP will be no worse than Drew. There is absolutely NO proof of that at all. And if the Bills don't improve the O-line, get a decent 3rd WR, and a good TE, I'd have no problem predicting a sub-.500 season with HP as the starter.

Your wrong. Drew got us very close, except that fuggin offensive line/center STINKS. Those underachieving WR's like to drop balls.

DREW BLEDSOE MUST STAY.

236475[/snapback]

sue, answer an honest question...are you going to sit here and say that we didnt make the playoffs this year because our o-line and everyone else stunk, but if we do bad next year, its gonna be entirely losmans fault?

honestly, you take being a bledsoe apologist to an entirely different level...

Fair enough.  I can accept that.  What I CAN'T accept is people saying that JP will be no worse than Drew.  There is absolutely NO proof of that at all.  And if the Bills don't improve the O-line, get a decent 3rd WR, and a good TE, I'd have no problem predicting a sub-.500 season with HP as the starter.

236571[/snapback]

The Bills will be no worse with JP than with Drew. :doh:

When the bills lose with losman starting:

1. this board will be even more miserable

2. fans probably wont attend many games to send tom donahoe a message

Drew stays the bills go to the next level, Playoffs 2005

236786[/snapback]

Thats if they start losing. What if they start winning? Will you still pine for Drew?

236786[/snapback]

When the offense couldn't find there way out of a paper bag for most of the 2003 season, I didn't see the fans stay away from RWS? Why are they going to stay away in 2005 if JP struggles?

I do not believe for a second that the Bills will drop to 4 or 5 wins with JP as the starter UNLESS there are major injuries to the team. They are just too good to drop that far just because the team playmaker DB, is no longer the QB. NO WAY NO HOW!

When the offense couldn't find there way out of a paper bag for most of the 2003 season, I didn't see the fans stay away from RWS?  Why are they going to stay away in 2005 if JP struggles? 

I do not believe for a second that the Bills will drop to 4 or 5 wins with JP as the starter UNLESS there are major injuries to the team.  They are just too good to drop that far just because the team playmaker DB, is no longer the QB.  NO WAY NO HOW!

236806[/snapback]

Because they are tired of losing. I went to the last game in 1997 when alot of fans boycotted the game to send ralph wilson a message. The attendance I believe was approx 22,000.

Because they are tired of losing. I went to the last  game in 1997 when alot of fans boycotted the game to send ralph wilson a message. The attendance I believe was approx 22,000.

236808[/snapback]

SO one game from 8 years ago makes this gospel? Unless the Bills are in the hunt for the playoffs, the last game of the year is always a tough sell. Bad weather, holiday season, etc...

PS the last game of the 97 season had ticket sales of 41,231. :doh: