Buffalo Bills Fan Shouts "Bring back Kyle Orton."

Someone still needs to explain to me what it would hurt anything to bring in a Mike Vick. Yes, Rex stated that he's not a good "bad weather" quarterback. But it's August and evident that none of the guys we're fielding are even any good in nice weather. Our defense has the potential to be one of the best ever, according to HOF former Bill Bruce Smith. You have a veteran, playoff experienced QB in Vick just sitting out there, and it's not worth kicking the tires on a guy like that? Seriously, why not? Did Vick really leave that bad an impression on Red with the Jets that he's willing to field one of these three embarrassments during the season?! I'm sorry, and there's always a few of you that will tell me I'm wrong just to do so, but Vick is an instant upgrade at the position Just with him applying ink to a contract here.This is a fact. Red shouldn't allow his stubbornness and/or defensive "mindset" separate this team from serious playoff contention and 8-8.

*Rex (damn autocorrect)

Yeah you're basically saying let's bring in MORE bad mobile quarterbacks into camp. I can barely keep up with four bad QB 7v7 statlines per day.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he worse than what we have now?

I think so, yes. He is definitely not better and that's what you should be looking for. Saying he is no worse than what we have now is not a reason to sign a player. The goal is to improve.

Yeah you're basically saying let's bring in MORE bad mobile quarterbacks into camp. I can barely keep up with four bad QB 7v7 statlines per day.

Not saying Vick is the answer. I'm saying he's a proven veteran that's worth a look on a team that has no QB.

Would it make sense for a team like New England, Denver or Seattle to sign him other than as a backup? No, bc all those teams have a proven starter. Yes, Vick may be a "bad" quarterback. Or maybe it was the talent (or lack there of) in New York that made him look that way.

Tell me you wouldn't feel more comfortable with a veteran, proven winner with playoff experience at quarterback week one vs. Andrew Luck as opposed to one of these three trainwrecks.

It could fail. But what if it didn't? ...

Not saying Vick is the answer. I'm saying he's a proven veteran that's worth a look on a team that has no QB.

Would it make sense for a team like New England, Denver or Seattle to sign him other than as a backup? No, bc all those teams have a proven starter. Yes, Vick may be a "bad" quarterback. Or maybe it was the talent (or lack there of) in New York that made him look that way.

Tell me you wouldn't feel more comfortable with a veteran, proven winner with playoff experience at quarterback week one vs. Andrew Luck as opposed to one of these three trainwrecks.

That was so long ago and no longer relevant.

If the Bills signed Michael Vick the lid would blow off the fan base with excitement.

Is he as good as he was in '04 with Atlanta? Absolutely not. Not what I'm trying to say. But he would make all three qbs we have now look Busch league.

Just his football I.Q. alone would make me feel better heading into the season. Plus, Greg Roman made Kaepernick look like a God in this offense three years ago and led SF to an NFC Championship. Vick and Shady could be deadly in this offense!

If the Bills signed Michael Vick the lid would blow off the fan base with excitement.

Is he as good as he was in '04 with Atlanta? Absolutely not. Not what I'm trying to say. But he would make all three qbs we have now look Busch league.

Just his football I.Q. alone would make me feel better heading into the season. Plus, Greg Roman made Kaepernick look like a God in this offense three years ago and led SF to an NFC Championship. Vick and Shady could be deadly in this offense!

As a Hokie and admitted Vick supporter, I would be incredibly bummed if they signed him. Time for him to hang them up imo.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I respectfully disagree.

You realize that technically already applie to Cassel, right?

Haha. We should have locked up Orton when we have a chance!!! His ability to led us to field goals was amazing. Plus, the guy was a warrior and laid it out on the field.

Bring back Orton!!!

:lol:

I lost a whole lot of respect for him after he slid short in the Denver game. My first reaction was, "No way in hell does Fitz do that?" Is it said when I'm longing for the glory days of Fitzpatrick?

:lol:

I lost a whole lot of respect for him after he slid short in the Denver game. My first reaction was, "No way in hell does Fitz do that?" Is it said when I'm longing for the glory days of Fitzpatrick?

This thread is comical. I watched Brady lay out to pick up a 1st down. he was a kitty cat who ended up with a lower qbr than EJ had as a rookie.

And there are still clowns who want him back. He used the Bills for $5 million and gave us the finger. And people want him back? Some folks are dumb.

I want Orton too! He's better than this heaping pile of cow manure pretending at SJF!

Yeah, he killed it against KC and Miami (a team we beat with EJ and their only common opponent).

You love Madden '04.

Yeah, he killed it against KC and Miami (a team we beat with EJ and their only common opponent).

You love Madden '04.

Let's not leave out the fact that Orton also sucked against Cleveland, Green Bay, and Denver too. Other than the two Jet games, he was pretty damned mediocre to downright awful. Beyond that, he was playing not to get hurt like he had one foot out of the door. Oh wait!.....He did! I'm glad he retired and nobody should ever suggest him as a viable alternative as the Bills' QB.