Buffalo Bills Fan Shouts "Bring back Kyle Orton."

my one fantasy team name last year was Bring Back Marangi. That said I have said this for years. Draft a guy, if he isn't ready, let him sit until he is ready to beat out a vet. We haven't let a guy do this since Kelly went to the minor league of USFL before coming to the NFL ready and polished enough to kick ass.
clod tollins inherited the job from Kelly and beat out Billy Joe Hobert, Johnson couldn't beat out Flutie, Losman was given the job when we released Bledsoe, Edwards was the closest to my belief (freaking Adrian Wilson and Dick rushing him back in too soon), and we all know about EJ being toyed around by St. Doug.

If EJ or Tyrod can't get it done this year, we have to get a competent vet (sorry cassel is not that anymore with his Holcomb-esque arm) and draft another guy and repeat. That said, Rex won a lot with Santhez, we may be able to make do with slightly subpar QB play.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cassel is still favoring the foot he broke last season. He should at least be similar to Orton when healthy.

Let EJ have this season to show if he can develop , or have to look to the 2016 draft. Taylor still a unknown at this point.

Buffalo Bills fans from here in Syracuse, NY (CNY) follow and support the NFL Buffalo Bills. But we don't do it blindly.

Sorry!

I'll continue to read Matthew Fairburn (and Brent Axe) at Syracuse.com to get fair and accurate reporting of the 2015 Buffalo Bills. Especially with regard to the dire quarterback situation.

This thread reeks of an EJ hater's last desperation of relevancy. Doesn't seem like there are lot of fans yukking it up with him

Sadly it'll be far from the last.

To quote Gene Hackman in Hoosiers, "THIS is your team."

I hate Adrian Wilson

No need for that...Edwards had the best game of his career in his first game after the Wilson hit.

Concussions weren't what did Trent in...it was the fact that he flourished against 4 of the worst teams in football, and that opposing DCs figured out to stop giving him the short stuff.

As to this thread... :lol:

This thread reeks of an EJ hater's last desperation of relevancy. Doesn't seem like there are lot of fans yukking it up with him.

BTW, Andy Dalton sucks. I'd rather have the unknown upside of a QB like EJ Manuel than the guy who consistently pees his pants when it's playoff time.

Your opinion is nice and all, but let's get to the playoffs for once in the modern era. Dalton > 2000-2015 Bills QBs

I take it your idea to solve the Buffalo Bills horribly bad quarterback situation it to completely ignore it. Pretty much like everyone else here, I guess.

:lol:

I can see why you think that based on...oh wait, I can't see why you think that at all.

I can, however, recall your post history enough to laugh at this mess of a thread.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/08/ej_manuel_provides_bright_spot_for_offense_6_observations_from_buffalo_bills_tra.html#incart_story_package

Matthew Fairburn writes for Syracuse.com (along with Brent Axe) and he's probably the best when it comes to fairly analyzing the 2015 Buffalo Bills.

I can only presume that the Buffalo Bills fan who shouted "Bring back Kyle Orton." was a fellow Syracuse, NY (CNY) area Bills fan that Fairburn wanted to quote.

Because Syracuse, NY (CNY) area Buffalo Bills fans are generally the most knowledgeable and sensible Buffalo Bills fans that exist.

For those of you who think that Andy Dalton is the QB standard to get the Bills to the post-season, well - you're probably right but our current three quarterbacks added together don't equal Andy Dalton.

Valid Question: Are the Buffalo Bills soon going to be in the same situation like last season when they brought in Kyle Orton?

Someone still needs to explain to me what it would hurt anything to bring in a Mike Vick. Yes, Rex stated that he's not a good "bad weather" quarterback. But it's August and evident that none of the guys we're fielding are even any good in nice weather. Our defense has the potential to be one of the best ever, according to HOF former Bill Bruce Smith. You have a veteran, playoff experienced QB in Vick just sitting out there, and it's not worth kicking the tires on a guy like that? Seriously, why not? Did Vick really leave that bad an impression on Red with the Jets that he's willing to field one of these three embarrassments during the season?! I'm sorry, and there's always a few of you that will tell me I'm wrong just to do so, but Vick is an instant upgrade at the position Just with him applying ink to a contract here.This is a fact. Red shouldn't allow his stubbornness and/or defensive "mindset" separate this team from serious playoff contention and 8-8.

*Rex (damn autocorrect)

Someone still needs to explain to me what it would hurt anything to bring in a Mike Vick. Yes, Rex stated that he's not a good "bad weather" quarterback. But it's August and evident that none of the guys we're fielding are even any good in nice weather. Our defense has the potential to be one of the best ever, according to HOF former Bill Bruce Smith. You have a veteran, playoff experienced QB in Vick just sitting out there, and it's not worth kicking the tires on a guy like that? Seriously, why not? Did Vick really leave that bad an impression on Red with the Jets that he's willing to field one of these three embarrassments during the season?! I'm sorry, and there's always a few of you that will tell me I'm wrong just to do so, but Vick is an instant upgrade at the position Just with him applying ink to a contract here.This is a fact. Red shouldn't allow his stubbornness and/or defensive "mindset" separate this team from serious playoff contention and 8-8.

*Rex (damn autocorrect)

I would only ask you if you have seen Vick play the last couple of years? He is not a good QB anymore