Ok, here's some good ones for the Colts defense

4th in drives ending with a score

5th in yards per drive

1st in time of drive

1st in plays faced per drive

10th points per drive

Looks like they stop opponents early and quickly

Edited by Dorkington

1st in time of drive? Isn't that more of a reflection of the offense moving quickly?

The opposing team's offense's drive ends quickly. Combined with high rankings in yards per drive (low yards per drive), that means they stop opposing team's offense pretty quickly. Wonder if there's an average number of plays a team holds an opposing team to per drive stat...

Edit, yes there is... Indy is first in plays per drive given up (lowest amount of plays faced per drive at 5.2)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/opp.htm#drives::7

Edited by Dorkington

The opposing team's offense's drive ends quickly. Combined with high rankings in yards per drive (low yards per drive), that means they stop opposing team's offense pretty quickly. Wonder if there's an average number of plays a team holds an opposing team to per drive stat...

Edit, yes there is... Indy is first in plays per drive given up (lowest amount of plays faced per drive at 5.2)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/opp.htm#drives::7

Does that stat include how the drive ends? Like are touchdowns given up in 1 play counted for? Weird/interesting stat

Does that stat include how the drive ends? Like are touchdowns given up in 1 play counted for? Weird/interesting stat

No, but you can figure it out with the included numbers on that page... Just break out excel and populate some tables :P

Catching the Colts in Week 1 is a blessing.

Rex is going to throw every trick in his repertoire and the kitchen sink at Luck...and there will be no game film for the Colts to review.

I am hoping we can give Luck one of his worst games as a pro!

Rex is going to throw every trick in his repertoire and the kitchen sink at Luck...and there will be no game film for the Colts to review.

I'm all about this post.

Prediction - We clean up easy.

Not on the Bills but they can get an idea of the Bills D by watching Jets film. That said, I think its hard to win in the NFL. Bills 24 Colts 23