8/5: Doug Whaley on WGR

I think Whaley has cooled on EJ. He sounds disheartened.

Well, I look at it this way:

• After getting benched last season, EJ says when he gets another chance he's just going to air it out
  • EJ works with a well-known QB guru in the off-season
  • Whaley states that new head coach must be willing to give EJ a chance to start
  • Rex Ryan announces a 3 QB competition
  • One week into training camp, the reports from Rex Ryan and others are that EJ is still slow to release the ball and being indecisive so he is not "letting it rip"

I hope that EJ develops into a viable starter sometime soon but right now it looks like "he is who he is"

I wonder why he doesn't seem to be comfortable just saying f it and let er go. He has a strong arm. He should be bruising hands by now. Make the WRs earn the catch. but throw some damned hardballs in these intermediate routes. screw leading them and touch passes.

get those balls inflated Ernest J Manuel!

Well, I look at it this way:

• After getting benched last season, EJ says when he gets another chance he's just going to air it out
  • EJ works with a well-known QB guru in the off-season
  • Whaley states that new head coach must be willing to give EJ a chance to start
  • Rex Ryan announces a 3 QB competition
  • One week into training camp, the reports from Rex Ryan and others are that EJ is still slow to release the ball and being indecisive so he is not "letting it rip"

I hope that EJ develops into a viable starter sometime soon but right now it looks like "he is who he is"

EJ needs to play the preseason games and then we will know. I give them 3 all hell right now but its partly in kidding.

i have the patience to wait till the 3rd preseason game for someone to look confident and hopefully a bit aggressive and have some reasonable success. too soon still.

In Doug's position it not quite the proper thing, to lean toward a negative report on the most important and most questioned position on the team methinks.

I wouldn't call Eli Manning a better player than the other two yet why is Eli considered a better?Simple put because of his Super Bowls. Why'd Eli win two Super Bowls? I think because the recently run Giants are a better run "franchise" than the Bengals and/or 49ers.

He's not as bad as you think he is. Would love to have him on the Bills.

I wonder why he doesn't seem to be comfortable just saying f it and let er go. He has a strong arm. He should be bruising hands by now. Make the WRs earn the catch. but throw some damned hardballs in these intermediate routes. screw leading them and touch passes.

get those balls inflated Ernest J Manuel!

Last year he showed some flashes. In a couple of games he had a 70% completion or better. However, there are games where he seems lost and indecisive. One can only hope that he has grasped the pro game in his third year but we shall see.

No, it's being skewed that way by local media which is where the national media is going to get their info from

Nonsense.

It was "skewed" that way early because the QB were pretty bad the first few days.

Now, they're showing signs of improvement. Which the media is noticing and pointing out.

Nonsense.

It was "skewed" that way early because the QB were pretty bad the first few days.

Now, they're showing signs of improvement. Which the media is noticing and pointing out.

It wasn't just the media that saw bad QB performances those first few days. The fan training camp reports were just as negative.

He's not as bad as you think he is. Would love to have him on the Bills.

Last year he showed some flashes. In a couple of games he had a 70% completion or better. However, there are games where he seems lost and indecisive. One can only hope that he has grasped the pro game in his third year but we shall see.

I really think its the mental part of the game.

Yesterday at work i made my first wager with a young buck. for lunch.

He said Cassel Tyrod EJ would be the starting line up. I said flip it.

Dont let me down EJ!!!

I really think its the mental part of the game.

Yesterday at work i made my first wager with a young buck. for lunch.

He said Cassel Tyrod EJ would be the starting line up. I said flip it.

Dont let me down EJ!!!

I'm pleased about hearing reports of Taylor and Manuel both showing signs of shaking off the nerves of learning Roman's offense and starting to gain confidence and get into a groove.

The stakes for tonights scrimmage and that first preseason game are absolutely huge for both Taylor and Manuel (I get the feeling Cassel's eventually going to be cut because he doesn't fit this offense). I really think one of them is going to shine and I can't wait for the 2015 starting QB to come into focus.

I also think EJ is going to win the job. The Bills are building him up the right way by making him earn every inch of that starting job. It sounds like he's gaining confidence by seeing all the work starting to pay off in practice. If EJ doesn't win the job yet is showing much improvement then that settles the QB position even more having a young and hungry guy like that as your backup QB in case of an injury to Taylor or him not producing enough by midseason.

Let me ask this again? Why would the GM say something that "dumb"? The Bills are being ridiculed for it!!!

Why isn't Rex naming a starter until Sept 10th or there about?

Smoke Screen and Mind Games?

again, the only people ridiculing him are those who didn't actually listen to the interview. That's not really Whaley's fault and I doubt he cares. I don't think that part is a smokescreen. The area comments on when a starter will be named... Very likely a smokescreen Edited by YoloinOhio