[closed]SU Post claims Brandon is a "big reason" Bills are in

I laughed out loud at that one.

Hmmmm. So Pegula paid $400M more than the Dolphins sold for 5 years ago, (and a full $500M more than the general consensus valued the team) plus he agreed to keep in WNY, and he's a great guy, community minded, etc.

Yeah he wasn't the obvious choice. Good thing Russ was there to.....uh.... you know, help regionalize the team in Toronto and stuff......

Hmmmm. So Pegula paid $400M more than the Dolphins sold for 5 years ago, (and a full $500M more than the general consensus valued the team) plus he agreed to keep in WNY, and he's a great guy, community minded, etc.

Yeah he wasn't the obvious choice. Good thing Russ was there to.....uh.... you know, help regionalize the team in Toronto and stuff......

While personally I never thought the Bills would move, because the NFL didn't want them to, a large part of the sale eventually to Pegula, was because Brandon negotiated the lease with Erie County that all but prevented anyone coming in and buying and moving the Bills. I give a little more credit to Erie County's Mark Poloncarz for that specific deal, Brandon played a very big part of it. So he did play a major role. There was actually no chance of Toronto, Bon Jovi, a Steve Balmer, or anyone else coming in and taking them away from Buffalo because of that lease. The NFL wouldn't allow it. So it's mostly true.

Terry is a bigger reason, but even if Terry and Kim didn't come it, it would have been a Buffalo entity like Golisano that would have won the bid, and that was because of Brandon and Poloncarz.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

While personally I never thought the Bills would move, because the NFL didn't want them to, a large part of the sale eventually to Pegula, was because Brandon negotiated the lease with Erie County that all but prevented anyone coming in and buying and moving the Bills. I give a little more credit to Erie County's Mark Poloncarz for that specific deal, Brandon played a very big part of it. So he did play a major role. There was actually no chance of Toronto, Bon Jovi, a Steve Balmer, or anyone else coming in and taking them away from Buffalo because of that lease. The NFL wouldn't allow it. So it's mostly true.

Terry is a bigger reason, but even if Terry and Kim didn't come it, it would have been a Buffalo entity like Golisano that would have won the bid, and that was because of Brandon and Poloncarz.

The county lease was only a restriction for the short term. Anyone could have moved the franchise after that. The botton line is nobody was paying $1.4B. Nobody.

The county lease was only a restriction for the short term. Anyone could have moved the franchise after that. The botton line is nobody was paying $1.4B. Nobody.

That's not the point. There is no way the NFL was going to let anyone buy it and have a lame duck team moving in seven years and playing in front of 20,000 people. Never. No one could come in and do it. That's why there were no real outside bidders. So the team was going to stay. with or without Terry and Kim. Not enough people believed or understood it but they had virtually no chance of leaving. And that wasn't because of The Pegulas it was because of the lease. They are the perfect owners, don't get me wrong, but the reason no one else came in from outside was because of that lease and Poloncarz and Brandon, working for Wilson's wishes.

The Pegulas, bless their hearts, maybe have outbid anyone anyway.

It's funny how people don't let facts get in the way of their prejudices. The guy had done nothing but try to make the Bills viable and people invent conspiracies to vilify him. It actually makes me a little ill.

Where does it end? Here it's Brandon. On SabreSpace it's Battista. We can't enjoy anything. There always has to be a conspiracy. God, give it a rest.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It's funny how people don't let facts get in the way of their prejudices. The guy had done nothing but try to make the Bills viable and people invent conspiracies to vilify him. It actually makes me a little ill.

Where does it end? Here it's Brandon. On SabreSpace it's Battista. We can't enjoy anything. There always has to be a conspiracy. God, give it a rest.

What is this common sense you speak? Do they sell at Rosetta Stone? Some folks will always choose to think the worst. Such is their right.

I think Brandon's actions have definitely played a part in the Bills continuing in WNY, along with Mr. Wilson, and various politicos, from Polancarz to Schumer to Cuomo. The Bills had support at the grassroots, in high and in higher places. We also have an acknowledged, passionate and supportive fan base that spans a wide area and two countries (close enough to attend games in WNY, In know we have fans in other countries as well). Brandon played a part in cultivating that too. He also helped the team make money by selling games to TO (which I hated), but added a large swath of income to the organization.

I am glad the Pegula's are the owners. However, I don't believe the Bills would have been moved in any case, based on the lease and the support I previously spoke of. The Bills are taken personally by a multitude of people. It's beyond a just football organization and the league knew it.

Edited by purple haze

Exactly.

That's not the point. There is no way the NFL was going to let anyone buy it and have a lame duck team moving in seven years and playing in front of 20,000 people. Never. No one could come in and do it. That's why there were no real outside bidders. So the team was going to stay. with or without Terry and Kim. Not enough people believed or understood it but they had virtually no chance of leaving. And that wasn't because of The Pegulas it was because of the lease. They are the perfect owners, don't get me wrong, but the reason no one else came in from outside was because of that lease and Poloncarz and Brandon, working for Wilson's wishes.

The Pegulas, bless their hearts, maybe have outbid anyone anyway.

Bingo. For the life of me cannot figure out why anyone would not like Russ. Guy is 100% about these teams and more important the Buffalo community as a whole.

Has he made some mistakes on coaches ...absolutely. Was he a bad GM...without a doubt.

Is he great at the business side....yep, prolly best in the league outside of Jerrah

Brandon was behind the marketing of club suites in the late 90's that directly impacted the previous lease and the Bills staying in WNY. He helped make the franchise viable from a business standpoint so someone would want to buy them and keep them in WNY. This is really quite plain and simple nothing to argue or complain about. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that will dispute this.

Link?

It's half a sentence at the very end of this article...

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/07/russ_brandon_now_president_of_both_buffalo_bills_and_buffalo_sabres.html

And since it's a subject already being discussed in another thread....

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.