Jonathan Martin retires

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fans hate it but football is a job for some of this guess. They might not love their job but it pays the bills. Dude made millions of dollars playing a sport and has a Stanford education. He is winning.

Except he's famous for all the wrong reasons.

Depending on how thick his skin is, he might regret ever starting to play football in the first place.

Edited by FireChan

Except he's famous for all the wrong reasons.

Depending on how thick his skin is, he might regret ever starting to play football in the first place.

The incognito situation is going to have zero impact on his future except that he couldn't dealt with a nutcase. Dude made millions playing a sport. He won.

The incognito situation is going to have zero impact on his future except that he couldn't dealt with a nutcase. Dude made millions playing a sport. He won.

He has had his mental instability revealed and questioned by the entire sports media, as well as millions of fans across the US. I think you're being a little materialistic.

Yeah, he may be too soft for the NFL, but no doubt he could tear the arms of most (if not all) the posters here.

I thought the whole bullying scandal was ridiculous, but he has already surpassed the average Bills fan in both earnings and education, and excelled at a high level in his chosen field.

I wish him well, just hope he stays away from the Bills.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Love all the former great HS stars on this board calling Martin soft. His best years are ahead of him. They peaked at 17.

just be because he plays in the NFL doesn't mean he is any tougher or weaker then anyone else? Strenght isn't that easy and is more dynamic. Sadly, hemwasmnot that physically strong, either.

I would bet 5-10% odmthis board is as strong physically as Martin and 50% mentally tougher at that age then he. Together I bet 5% or less can match both. But there are those here.

Still, he succeeded in reaching that level no one else did in his career. But do not anoint him as something he isn't. He is a weak dude.

just be because he plays in the NFL doesn't mean he is any tougher or weaker then anyone else? Strenght isn't that easy and is more dynamic. Sadly, hemwasmnot that physically strong, either.

I would bet 5-10% odmthis board is as strong physically as Martin and 50% mentally tougher at that age then he. Together I bet 5% or less can match both. But there are those here.

Still, he succeeded in reaching that level no one else did in his career. But do not anoint him as something he isn't. He is a weak dude.

A weak dude compared to Mario Williams not to 90% of the rest of the population. He struggled to get along with an idiot who was kicked off multiple college and multiple NFL teams and had a career than is longer than the NFL average.

He has had his mental instability revealed and questioned by the entire sports media, as well as millions of fans across the US. I think you're being a little materialistic.

He was a staunch defender of Martin and Incognito's greatest detractor. Once something goes from opinion to belief It's hard to shake.

He was a staunch defender of Martin and Incognito's greatest detractor. Once something goes from opinion to belief It's hard to shake.

Haha. You're right. Incognito has a sterling resume without the Martin. If someone has been a POS most of their life, they don't get the benefit of doubt. Hopefully, RI is a reformed POS.

Haha. You're right. Incognito has a sterling resume without the Martin. If someone has been a POS most of their life, they don't get the benefit of doubt. Hopefully, RI is a reformed POS.

Never said he had a sterling resume. There's a reason courts don't allow evidence of prior bad acts to show the defendant is guilty. Because people like you will decide that if the guy's an !@#$ he must have done whatever he's accused of.

The flip side of your thought process is that without Incognito's reputation he probably doesn't get scapegoated for this. With the benefit of hindsight we now know that Martin was a delicate flower. At the time no one cared to question how much of this was bullying and how much of this was Martin.

Edited by Rob's House

Never said he had a sterling resume. There's a reason courts don't allow evidence of prior bad acts to show the defendant is guilty. Because people like you will decide that if the guy's an !@#$ he must have done whatever he's accused of.

The flip side of your thought process is that without Incognito's reputation he probably doesn't get scapegoated for this. With the benefit of hindsight we now know that Martin was a delicate flower. At the time no one cared to question how much of this was bullying and how much of this was Martin.

Eh, Martin has never been bullied before he played with a guy who has been kicked off of multiple college and NFL teams. Whatever. I wonder who is going achieve more success post NFL? The Stanford guy or the car smasher?

Eh, Martin has never been bullied before he played with a guy who has been kicked off of multiple college and NFL teams. Whatever. I wonder who is going achieve more success post NFL? The Stanford guy or the car smasher?

Richie Incognito made millions playing a sport. He's won.

And Incognito never made a teammate quit the team and run home to mommy in tears until he played with Jonathan kitty Martin.