Political Correctness Has Gone Off The Cliff

DON’T BE SHTUPID, BE A SHMARTY: P.C. Police Go After Mel Brooks’ The Producers:

The intent behind The Producers can be easily discerned, if not from the material itself, then from the man who wrote it. Mel Brook’s is a Jew. So there’s that. Were that somehow not enough, Brooks has been explicit regarding his feelings toward Hitler, the Nazis, and the Holocaust. Spoiler alert: he’s against them.

T
his protest points to a larger crisis of intellect in modern society. We’re losing the capacity to combat bad ideas with humor and mockery. Apparently, you can’t make fun of a thing without being accused of endorsing it.
because she makes fun of racism. Mel Brooks is a Nazi because he mocked Nazism. God forbid this Imm see Blazing Saddles.

Which Brooks has stated in recent years could never be made in the ultra-PC climate his fellow Democrats have created. And as John Nolte warned at Big Hollywood a year ago, “‘Blazing Saddles’ Review: Buy a Copy Before the Left Burns Them All.”

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/211435/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Brooks has stated in recent years could never be made in the ultra-PC climate his fellow Democrats have created. And as John Nolte warned at Big Hollywood a year ago, “‘Blazing Saddles’ Review: Buy a Copy Before the Left Burns Them All.”

It's interesting because my 10-year-old saw Spaceballs and immediately became a Mel Brooks fan. So he and I watched Young Frankenstein and he became an even bigger fan. And then we watched 10 minutes of Blazing Saddles and I was knocking him over to hit the mute button.

It's interesting because my 10-year-old saw Spaceballs and immediately became a Mel Brooks fan. So he and I watched Young Frankenstein and he became an even bigger fan. And then we watched 10 minutes of Blazing Saddles and I was knocking him over to hit the mute button.

WTF....wasn't it just the other day when I commented I couldn't believe your son was already 5?? :blink:

Something tells me if we elect Hillary, ain't nobody gettin' laid.

(Raises hand) :cry:

It'll be a long, lonely four years for me.

What unnerves me most, a movie like Revenge of the Nerds would be hard pressed to made today in the PC environment...

You're right to an extent. I mean, they'd totally make that movie today but they would have to change the rapey ending. But I don't think that's a bad thing, in this specific instance. The rapey ending was always creepy, wasn't it?

You're right to an extent. I mean, they'd totally make that movie today but they would have to change the rapey ending. But I don't think that's a bad thing, in this specific instance. The rapey ending was always creepy, wasn't it?

They would just make the cheerleader resemble Sarah Palin and make her spout some conservative views, and then it'd be okay.

DON’T BE SHTUPID, BE A SHMARTY: P.C. Police Go After Mel Brooks’ The Producers:

The intent behind The Producers can be easily discerned, if not from the material itself, then from the man who wrote it. Mel Brook’s is a Jew. So there’s that. Were that somehow not enough, Brooks has been explicit regarding his feelings toward Hitler, the Nazis, and the Holocaust. Spoiler alert: he’s against them.

T
his protest points to a larger crisis of intellect in modern society. We’re losing the capacity to combat bad ideas with humor and mockery. Apparently, you can’t make fun of a thing without being accused of endorsing it.
because she makes fun of racism. Mel Brooks is a Nazi because he mocked Nazism. God forbid this Imm see Blazing Saddles.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/211435/

It's "progress," right?

Isn't that what progressivism is about?

There's no more free speech in this country than there was in Soviet Russia. It's just we're more refined in our approach to censorship here.

This protest points to a larger crisis of intellect in modern society. Were losing the capacity to combat bad ideas with humor and mockery. Apparently, you cant make fun of a thing without being accused of endorsing it. Amy Schumers a racist because she makes fun of racism. Mel Brooks is a Nazi because he mocked Nazism. God forbid this Imm see Blazing Saddles.

Last night I saw a satire piece on FB with the headline that Sarah Palin endorsed reinstituting slavery on a voluntary basis. Dumbass liberals were fuming over her audacity and claiming this is the new Republican party.

One superlib pointed out that it was a satire piece and said "I'm no fan of Palin, but since she didn't really say it I think we can let this one slide." His fellow libs did not agree.

Last night I saw a satire piece on FB with the headline that Sarah Palin endorsed reinstituting slavery on a voluntary basis. Dumbass liberals were fuming over her audacity and claiming this is the new Republican party.

One superlib pointed out that it was a satire piece and said "I'm no fan of Palin, but since she didn't really say it I think we can let this one slide." His fellow libs did not agree.

"Let this one slide"? Awww how progressive of him.

BTW I also saw on FB a post of Obama's saying if he ran for a third term he would most likely win. Was amazed at the number of people that said they'd vote for him for a third term.

(Raises hand) :cry:

It'll be a long, lonely four years for me.

I didn't think about that one. I was thinking when Wormser built a javelin to go with Lamars limp Wristed throwing style... No way that meets PC criteria today.

I didn't think about that one. I was thinking when Wormser built a javelin to go with Lamars limp Wristed throwing style... No way that meets PC criteria today.

You have what I would consider something of an unhealthy memory of that movie.

Hell, they already don't show old Bugs Bunny cartoons, because they're racist. And the first couple of seasons of Sesame Street come with a warning that they're not suitable for children.

And I saw an article recently calling for the banning of Snow White. As it's racist, misogynistic, Eurocentric, ageist, and a few other "ists" that I can't recall. But it's contrapositive - "Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs" - has been banned as one of the "Censored Eleven."

Actually I think that would still fly today, because Lamar wins even with the unorthodox throwing style. Doing a joke for a laugh is fine so long as the person being laughed at gets the win in the end and forces those making fun of him or her to rethink their position. At least that's what I've been told more than once while navigating the PC minefield.

:lol: :lol:

Actually I think that would still fly today, because Lamar wins even with the unorthodox throwing style. Doing a joke for a laugh is fine so long as the person being laughed at gets the win in the end and forces those making fun of him or her to rethink their position. At least that's what I've been told more than once while navigating the PC minefield.

:lol: :lol:

Oh my god. :lol:

What about "speaking jive" in Airplane?

Great example, perfect! No way that would jive with PC BS

that movie is dope, I think I could recite the whole script verbatim.

Trickier, to be sure, but I think this would get through today's PC crowd too. This movie didn't come out all that long ago: (edit, holy ****, 9 years ago so maybe this is too dated)

(NSFW language)

Great flick. As was the first. As were all their flicks.

"I think if we try really tried we could reclaim 'porch monkey' and save it." :lol: