This Sandra Bland thing

bbb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Soooo, I understand that some interesting news was released in late Friday afternoon.

I wonder why the authorities do that?

rq.jpg

Sandra Bland committed suicide because she couldn't get bail

A Chicago-area woman found dead in a Texas jail cell in July — and whose case has become part of a national debate about how the police treat African-Americans — committed suicide because family and friends wouldn’t pay her bail, according to a court filing in the ongoing legal battle over her death.

“It is apparent now that [sandra] Bland’s inability to secure her release from jail — and her family and friends’ refusal to bail her out of jail — led her to commit suicide,” according to a motion filed this week in federal court in Houston on behalf of Waller County, Texas, officials as part of an ongoing legal fight between them and Bland’s family.

This is what I said on the liberal Springsteen board. Her mother was in Washington trying to cash in somehow on this, and they made such a big deal that Bernie Sanders met her and didn't try to capitalize politically on it...........Except that he then mentioned in the debate - LOL

I said where was she when all she had to do was bail out her daughter.

• 10 months later...