Kent Hull: Unsung Hero

I can't find it but I remember reading back when Hull was playing that he would get inspired watching Thurman running, taking all those hits and popping back up. Hull would track down the play and help Thurman up, being all jacked up by it. What a guy, what a team, what a leader! Miss ya Big Guy!

http://msfame.com/guest-blog/buffalo-columnist-hulls-death-hit-hard/

Like Kelly, he came to us when the USFL folded. He related the story that he flew to Buffalo to sign his 1st contract the day JIMBO flew in on Ralph's plane. He was riding in a courtesy van from the airport to the stadium as JK was paraded through the city. He became a Bill the same day and they retired together 10 years later.

Match made in heaven!

Rest in Peace, #67.

true that.

what brought this up 2 years later may I ask?

also reminiscing

Jim Richter and John Fina were also "unsung heroes" quietly getting the job done

Might be something to do with the Bill Polian Hall of Fame article in the Buffalo News. He states that Hull and Tasker both deserve to be in the hall too.

Might be something to do with the Bill Polian Hall of Fame article in the Buffalo News. He states that Hull and Tasker both deserve to be in the hall too.

You're spot on, that's exactly what brought it up. It started me to reminisce and I remember even back then that this was the guy that all these egos looked up to and respected. That speaks even more about Hull's impact on those teams, that even in the midst of all their self glory that this was the guy that nobody messed with.