Conservatism is Compassionate

You are wrong, right from your own link:

As the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve derives its authority from the Congress of the United States. It is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.

However, the Federal Reserve is subject to oversight by the Congress, which often reviews the Federal Reserve's activities and can alter its responsibilities by statute. Therefore, the Federal Reserve can be more accurately described as "independent within the government" rather than "independent of government."

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12799.htm

Also from your own link--so love it when idiots like you do my work for me! :

The Federal Reserve, like many other central banks, is an independent government agency but also one that is ultimately accountable to the public and the Congress.

You are a total moron

Man, I hoped you'd fall for that... didn't expect you to swallow the hook.

You're wrong. But you're not alone. A lot of people think the Federal Reserve is part of the US Government, and despite the Federal Reserve's own website jumping through hoops to try to make people think they're part of the US Government (notice they never say they ARE an agency of the government -- because they're not), it just isn't true. The Fed is a group of private banks. And the dollar bill in your pocket isn't issued by the Federal Government, it's issued by this group of private banks.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong. But you're not alone. A lot of people think the Federal Reserve is part of the US Government, and despite the Federal Reserve's own website jumping through hoops to try to make people think they're part of the US Government (notice they never say they ARE an agency of the government -- because they're not), it just isn't true. The Fed is a group of private banks. And the dollar bill in your pocket isn't issued by the Federal Government, it's issued by this group of private banks.

Just shut up already

You are wrong, right from your own link:

As the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve derives its authority from the Congress of the United States. It is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.

However, the Federal Reserve is subject to oversight by the Congress, which often reviews the Federal Reserve's activities and can alter its responsibilities by statute. Therefore, the Federal Reserve can be more accurately described as "independent within the government" rather than "independent of government."

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12799.htm

Also from your own link--so love it when idiots like you do my work for me! :

The Federal Reserve, like many other central banks, is an independent government agency but also one that is ultimately accountable to the public and the Congress.

You are a total moron

Rathbun was carrying on before and after Jackson killed the bank. And private notes circulated before and after that.

You have to admit that the "monopoly" has worked out really well, yes?

Did you read the sentence after what you bolded?

It is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.

The Fed isn't subject to executive orders, nor funded by Congressional budget. It has independent decision-making authority, and is basically a consortium of about 4000 independent banks organized by the regional Federal Reserve banks and the FOMC.

The fact that it's established by Congressional legislation is irrelevant...lots of things are established by legislation, but that doesn't make them part of the government. To argue that is to argue that Goldman-Sachs is part of the government because they're subject to regulation by the SEC...which is obvious bull **** to everyone but you.

Did you read the sentence after what you bolded?

The Fed isn't subject to executive orders, nor funded by Congressional budget. It has independent decision-making authority, and is basically a consortium of about 4000 independent banks organized by the regional Federal Reserve banks and the FOMC.

The fact that it's established by Congressional legislation is irrelevant...lots of things are established by legislation, but that doesn't make them part of the government. To argue that is to argue that Goldman-Sachs is part of the government because they're subject to regulation by the SEC...which is obvious bull **** to everyone but you.

The President nominates and Congress approves the Fed chairmen. Does the chairmen of Goldman Sacs get picked that way? It's independent so that it can't be influenced by special interests, but it is a government institution like I posted, proved and stand by. You two clowns just can't admit you are wrong. Obfuscating won't save you. Let's do this! I love pointing out that you are wrong and now both you idiots are on board so bring it on. I spit on you.

You are both wrong.

And idiots

Just shut up already

I'd shut up if you actually made a relevant point -- one that was factually accurate. But you have yet to. The Fed is not part of the United States Government.

The President nominates and Congress approves the Fed chairmen. Does the chairmen of Goldman Sacs get picked that way? It's independent so that it can't be influenced by special interests, but it is a government institution like I posted, proved and stand by. You two clowns just can't admit you are wrong. Obfuscating won't save you. Let's do this! I love pointing out that you are wrong and now both you idiots are on board so bring it on. I spit on you.

You are both wrong.

And idiots

:lol: Seriously, do some more research and come back to this point.

You are both wrong.

And idiots

So your definition of "government agency" is an argument to authority, and not the law or charter? And any attempt to teach you anything you dismiss as "obfuscating with detail?"

But let's peel that onion...the chair of the SEC is nominated by the president and approved by Congress. And the SEC has regulatory authority over Goldman-Sachs. Ergo, by your own standard of the oversight being legally appointed and approved, Goldman-Sachs is a government entity.

Are you starting to see how irredeemably retarded you are yet?

I'd shut up if you actually made a relevant point -- one that was factually accurate. But you have yet to. The Fed is not part of the United States Government.

But you know what used to be? General Motors.

Let that tiny little hamster wheel you have between your ears mull that over for a while, gatorman.

You two clowns just can't admit you are wrong. Obfuscating won't save you. Let's do this! I love pointing out that you are wrong and now both you idiots are on board so bring it on. I spit on you.

You are both wrong.

And idiots

Take it straight from the source:

https://www.federalreserveeducation.org/about-the-fed/structure-and-functions

Are they idiots as well?

So let me get this straight. You posted a link, I showed you it proved my point, and not yours. So you are saying now that the link is a lie, the government is deliberately deceiving us into think it is part of the government, but it isn't? Is that right?

And on top of that, you knew it was a lie to begin with and just posted it, not because you are an ignorant fool, which you are, but to see if I caught the lie the government was telling?

That you would actually come up with such stupid crap to avoid admitting you were wrong is an outstanding example of your idiocy. And you dragged your side kick into this, too. Priceless!

So your definition of "government agency" is an argument to authority, and not the law or charter? And any attempt to teach you anything you dismiss as "obfuscating with detail?"

But let's peel that onion...the chair of the SEC is nominated by the president and approved by Congress. And the SEC has regulatory authority over Goldman-Sachs. Ergo, by your own standard of the oversight being legally appointed and approved, Goldman-Sachs is a government entity.

Are you starting to see how irredeemably retarded you are yet?

But you know what used to be? General Motors.

Let that tiny little hamster wheel you have between your ears mull that over for a while, gatorman.

You guys are totally shot

Take it straight from the source:

https://www.federalreserveeducation.org/about-the-fed/structure-and-functions

Are they idiots as well?

Thanks, you just help me prove my point again. Boy, Greg and his side kick Tom must be really hurting if they are calling in the your help from the Special Olympics Brigade. At least you are not like Greg and claiming this is all a conspiracy. Or, do you also think that?

So let me get this straight. You posted a link, I showed you it proved my point, and not yours. So you are saying now that the link is a lie, the government is deliberately deceiving us into think it is part of the government, but it isn't? Is that right?

And on top of that, you knew it was a lie to begin with and just posted it, not because you are an ignorant fool, which you are, but to see if I caught the lie the government was telling?

That you would actually come up with such stupid crap to avoid admitting you were wrong is an outstanding example of your idiocy. And you dragged your side kick into this, too. Priceless!

You guys are totally shot

Thanks, you just help me prove my point again. Boy, Greg and his side kick Tom must be really hurting if they are calling in the your help from the Special Olympics Brigade. At least you are not like Greg and claiming this is all a conspiracy. Or, do you also think that?

Care to address my comment above?

And maybe someday you'll explain why the entity that "makes the money" needs to take some of it "back" as opposed to simply making more.

Or maybe I won't

Who will do what?

I don't know, you lost me. What is it you want me to attempt to explain to you

Did you even read the material I linked? The Federal Reserve is a quasi-governmental entity comprised of both federally appointed members and private bankers. It is not funded by Congress, so it's not a 'proper' governmental agency.

You appear to see only what you want to see when reading anything people link in order to make a point. All insults aside, there was a time - several decades ago - when I was just like you: liberal and purposefully ignorant. If that's the way you want to be, then fine, but you'll never learn anything that way.

So let me get this straight. You posted a link, I showed you it proved my point, and not yours.

Here's the problem, if you weren't so angry and quick to lash out at anything that goes against your (limited) view of the world you might actually have understood that material you cited did NOT prove your point. You wound up re-proving my point. Which is what I hoped for when I read the material I linked for you. I was pretty sure you wouldn't read it closely (which you didn't) and would try to throw it back in my face (two for two), I just didn't expect the hook to still be lodged in your throat.

Read the snippet you posted again, this time read closely:

See, the Federal Reserve nor the US Government want to openly advertise that the Fed is not a part of the US Government because if they did people might get mad when they figure out the game is rigged. That's why they jump through hoops to give themselves the appearance of being a government institution on their website -- without actually saying they are. Oh, wait! I know! They say right at the end that they're "Independent within government rather than independent of government"... that means they're part of the government, right?

No. It does not. It says, for all those who can actually read and understand the words on the page, that they are an INDEPENDENT CENTRAL BANK. Independent within the government is another way of saying they're unaccountable to the US voters or their government, despite their verbal gymnastics. So, again, the cited material does not support your point, it refutes it.

Which is why it's hilarious that you're leaning on it as some sort of trump card. That makes all the rest of this:

...Priceless. Because despite your fervor, you're still demonstrably incorrect.

The Federal Reserve is a group of private banks working together for their mutual benefit (not ours nor the government's) despite being competitors. This makes them a cartel technically -- an association of businesses with the purpose of maintaining prices at a high level and restricting competition. This is what the Federal Reserve is at its core, a group of private banks working together to keep competition beneficial to them all.

This group of private banks convinced the US government to sanction their cartel rules into law with the help of Wilson in 1913. This is why you think they are part of the government... but just because they're sanctioned by Congress, doesn't make them a part of the government. They most certainly are their own private institution with their own agenda and goals -- mainly to make a profit off the interest they charge from creating Federal Reserve Notes.

The Fed isn't even the first attempt to create this amalgamation of fiance and politics, it's the 4th attempt. The other three (the first starting during the Revolutionary War to finance the fighting) failed or were destroyed by the Government. So, again, you're wrong.

And yet instead of learning something new, you're going to respond to this post with your trademark hostility (I spit on you? really? that's how low you've sunk?)...

11280340_1648041508761403_1348171089_n.j

And yet instead of learning something new, you're going to respond to this post with your trademark hostility (I spit on you? really? that's how low you've sunk?)...

11280340_1648041508761403_1348171089_n.j

Hey, take it easy. It's not like he called you 'poop head' or anything.